How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

06-01-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonsoJonathan View Post
can the VS models do SI? i mean if the have a VS contract?

Yes. Unless its a really really " super exclusive restircting angel contract".

Marisa is a perfect example. VS Angel (since 2007) and got SISE cover in 2008 (being vs angel).

It brings tons of publicity for VS as well and we all know how much they like it.

06-01-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaglam View Post
they only just recently shot in T&C, so will the pictures even be a part of this catalogue?
No, they won't. The Turks and Caicos shoot is for the third swim catalog, and that shouldn't be out until March or April. All of the pictures in the first swim catalog (the one that Candice held up) have been put in the model's threads already. That's the Bora Bora shoot, and Lima doesn't have any pictures in that catalog because she didn't shoot there. The second swim catalog is the Mexico shoot that Ben Watts shot just after the VSFS, and those pictures are just starting to be put online now.

They used the Turks and Caicos shoot to do the behind the scenes swim video, but the pictures themselves won't be out for a little bit. They did the same thing last year. They used the Turks and Caicos shoot (with Erin, Lily, and Candice) to do their behind the scenes vid and released it in January. The catalog itself didn't come out until March.

Last edited by tlg00; 06-01-2012 at 05:45 AM.

06-01-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
^well ppl said she doesnt have a Angel Contract. soo i dont know
Alonso, I think you might be one of the only people who still believes this. That was two years ago that people were saying that. Erin and company might not have been angels in that exact moment back in late 2009 when a couple of people were saying that, but it's fairly obvious that they're angels now. I'm not sure what more VS can do to prove that they are angels. They're practically parading them around with neon signs and flashing lights that say "An Angel Wuz Here" whenever they so much as breathe on anything VS related.

Last edited by tlg00; 06-01-2012 at 06:04 AM.

06-01-2012
V.I.P.

So my understanding is that the breakdown for VS Swim is:

Photographer: Greg Kadel
Models: Alessandra, Candice (cover), Edita Vilkeviciute, Jasmine Tookes, Lily, Michaela Kocianova

Photographer: Ben Watts
Models: Alessandra, Arlenis, Candice, Elyse Taylor, Magdalena, Maryna,

Photographer: Russell James?
Models: Adriana, Candice, Jasmine Tookes, Miranda?

Note: Not 100% sure about the model line up, it's a best guess.

Last edited by agee; 06-01-2012 at 10:38 AM.

06-01-2012
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlg00 View Post
That's the Bora Bora shoot, and Lima doesn't have any pictures in that catalog because she didn't shoot there. The second swim catalog is the Mexico shoot that Ben Watts shot just after the VSFS, and those pictures are just starting to be put online now.

They used the Turks and Caicos shoot to do the behind the scenes swim video, but the pictures themselves won't be out for a little bit.
If you don't mind answering, which models were at the Bora Bora shoot? Which were in Mexico? And which were in Turks and Caicos?

Edit: Nevermind. I see Agee came with the answers before I could even ask, LOL. Thanks!

Last edited by nrllaless; 06-01-2012 at 10:33 AM.

06-01-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
I'm not sure what more VS can do to prove that they are angels. They're practically parading them around with neon signs and flashing lights that say "An Angel Wuz Here" whenever they so much as breathe on anything VS related.
give them the multimilliondollar contract like Adriana,Miranda,Ale n doutzen have.

06-01-2012
V.I.P.

This is an interesting video, I came across it while viewing another VS video. At first I thought the first model was Adriana but now I am not sure. I wonder if the video was done on spec by a videographer or production company, other VS videos that were uploaded by that user (Art Department) have been released. It is not VS' typical aesthetic, but I like it.

Victoria's Secret Sport

vimeo / Art Department

06-01-2012
backstage pass

Alonso, no one's contract is public knowledge, so it's not known how much they are making. Someone like Izabel wasn't saddled with the "she's not really an angel" tag when she definitely wasn't making as much Heidi, Gisele, or someone who had been there longer. It doesn't make sense to try to throw the most recent angels under that bus either. An angel is an angel, and everything indicates that they are angels.

Agee, Cintia and Lily also shot in Tulum, and I don't think Miranda shot in Turks and Caicos because she's been in Australia since early December. She's in the Bora Bora video though, so even though there's only barely been any swim pics of her released, I guess you can stick her there. Jasmine didn't have a lot of Bora Bora pictures released either.

06-01-2012
tfs star

Agee that video was played in VS stores several years back 05-06 when the line first debuted. They weren't using the spokesmodels at that points (for some unknown reason) once they decided it was time to revamp the line only a few months after launch they used Izabel and Selita for it. After that the line kind of faded for several years and only really came back with vengeance in late 08 early 09 and of course is now back full force with Erin, Candice and Adriana for the new campaign.

06-01-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
It doesn't make sense to try to throw the most recent angels under that bus either. An angel is an angel, and everything indicates that they are angels.

yeah i guess you are right. is just that to me i always seem the Angels the ones that appear in the Forbe List with their Miltimillion dollar contract from VS. but i guess things change.

ohh yeah Candice was in the last Forbes list. so is just a lil confuse thats why im asking. i guess they have an "Angel contract" but they just dont get the same amount of $$$

06-01-2012
V.I.P.

Thanks CoutureChic.

Quote:
yeah i guess you are right. is just that to me i always seem the Angels the ones that appear in the Forbe List with their Miltimillion dollar contract from VS. but i guess things change.

ohh yeah Candice was in the last Forbes list. so is just a lil confuse thats why im asking. i guess they have an "Angel contract" but they just dont get the same amount of $$$
The Forbes list has only been reporting the top ten money makers in recent years, former VSers Gisele and Heidi are already going to take up two spots, long-term VSers Adriana and Alessandra are another two spots, so that only leaves six spots, Two years ago Doutzen and Miranda were on the list, and this year they fell off and Candice entered. When you think about it, there are only so many slots left once you factor in Gisele, Heidi, Adriana, Alessandra and then Kate Moss and then other long-time models with big contracts like Daria, Carolyn and Natalia, who is basically an Angel for a European lingerie company. VS pays well and I want the best for the VS girls, but most of these models are under twenty-five and in the bigger scheme of things I am fine with Daria and Natalia being on the list over Erin, Lily, Chanel and Lindsay. The 2012 list should be interesting, I am wondering if Candice will remain on the list (and I think she will), but will Miranda and / or Doutzen re-enter or perhaps Erin may even make the list.

Last edited by agee; 06-01-2012 at 01:46 PM.

06-01-2012
V.I.P.

Well Emanuela was on the Forbes list in 08' or 09' and she was never an angel

On a side note, I'm really glad that they brought Kadel back to shoot for VS
Russell James work is good but it was starting to get boring and very repetitive

07-01-2012
tfs star

^Uh, well it is not a list for VS angels only or any indicator of someone being an angel, how did you guys managed to mess Forbes into this conversation Just kidding, don`t shoot me. Besides that, it is based on estimations anyway. Gisele just said in some interview that the estimations of her incomings are exaggerated.

Last edited by TommyGirl; 07-01-2012 at 09:04 AM.

07-01-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantastical View Post
Well Emanuela was on the Forbes list in 08' or 09' and she was never an angel

On a side note, I'm really glad that they brought Kadel back to shoot for VS
Russell James work
is good but it was starting to get boring and very repetitive
Can't help but agree. It got stale. Don't see what' so OMG amazing about his photography especially as far as VS is concerned. Also I wish VS would change it up with their photographers to keep it fresh and exciting for customers. Different photographers have different views and style so that would be smth interesting.

08-01-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyGirl View Post
^Uh, well it is not a list for VS angels only or any indicator of someone being an angel, how did you guys managed to mess Forbes into this conversation Just kidding, don`t shoot me. Besides that, it is based on estimations anyway. Gisele just said in some interview that the estimations of her incomings are exaggerated.
true, but the Forbes list is a good indicator of who's an Angel and/or who has the best contracts. Like other's have mentioned before, I don't even think they give out the "real" Angel contract. they just call all their new models Angels anyways

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria