How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

02-02-2012
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaglam View Post
It's only Erin, Candice, and Ale for Very Sexy (lingerie)/Very Sexy Touch (fragrance)/Very Sexy tote, and of course Erin and Candice are all over each other and Ale is like the third wheel.
Lol of course, what else do we expect from VS

I don't know why they under-use Ale so much and give us orgasms of Candice and Erin. Ale has a big fan base! Lots of girls and guys I know say she is their favorite angel.

02-02-2012
backstage pass

maybe its her personal choice?
The "mama" angels are all doing less and less and the new angels are a bit taking over
I don't think that will change...

02-02-2012
fashion elite

I think VS always feels like they must change the power players every few years to keep the brand fresh. Ale was pretty much the face of VS in 08-09, and now she is a household name. VS is now trying to do the same thing with Candice, I think. In order for the general public to really like a model, they have to shove them in your face.

02-02-2012
backstage pass

Candice might need a famous boyfriend for more exposure haha (even if Doutzen, Tyra or Ale did without)

02-02-2012
trendsetter

^ Poor Hermann doesn't have enough star quality. :p

It's ridiculous how VS always says how they appeal and cater for many different womens' shapes and sizes, yet they put Candice and Erin on everything and we hardly see the curvier and older Angels like Adriana, Doutzen and Alessandra.

Besides, has Chanel been used much lately? I got one of the catalogues a couple of weeks ago and I swear there were no pictures of her at all. Those catalogues are like a look book solely for Candice. Ugh. What's the point of having so many Angels when they use one for pretty much everything?!?!

The Angel line up used to be so good with Tyra and Heidi and Gisele and the rest as they all were all slim and healthy, yet their bodies would appeal to such a wider female audience. I don't think too many women can relate to Candice's smoking body as they used to Tyra's curvy body.

Apologies for the rant!

Last edited by Sophie02; 02-02-2012 at 07:40 PM.

03-02-2012
trendsetter

^ No I agree.

The approach for Victoria's Secret with this generation is more targeted to a more youthful demographic compared to the first launch of the Angels. The appeal of the older models is what got me interested in the brand in the first place.

The best commercials I still think are done by Herb Ritts compared to a hack director like Michael Bay (well duh!).

03-02-2012
front row

Well actually Ed Razek said he wants to approach 26+ old women, & IMO he's far from that now as i don't think any 26+ would relate to most of the current new girls. But that's just me

03-02-2012
fashion elite

^Wow, is that really their target market? If that is true, then I'm not understanding their angel lineup, either.

04-02-2012
tfs star

I think you're stretching it saying Alessandra is a household name. Adriana is JUST getting there. There are still only 75/100 people who know who Adriana is, as opposed to Ale I'd say it's more 40/100 if not a bit lower...now her face is known but she's far from a household name.

04-02-2012
front row

I don't think any VS model is close to being a "household name". Nor do I think they ever will. Not that it's their fault. It's just a differen't era. Heidi was the last one. Same goes for high fashion models as well. The days of the "Supermodel" are over.

04-02-2012
rising star

Well i live in a little City in England called Preston and hardly anyone has heard of VS but they know who Heidi Tyra Gisele Adri and Ale are. None of them know who Candi, Erin, Lily, Lindsey, or Behati are.

But maybe thats just because the first 4 are always in the news for some reason or other...

04-02-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pen6693 View Post
Does anyone think that VS will ever incorporate their swim collection into the VSFS?
Some of the bras and panties used in the VSFS are swimwear, tlg00 did a breakdown of swimwear used in the 2010 show a few months ago. But I still get what you are saying and personally would love a beachy or resort themed segment with a lot of swimwear, although I have to acknowledge that Acquatic Angels was about water - not sure if a lot of swimwear was used though.

Last edited by agee; 04-02-2012 at 09:21 AM.

04-02-2012
tfs star

Hey my non-americann tfsers! Is there still any VS online shop for Europe? I googled, and I found UK based site whic seemed relevant at first sight, but when I read more the more suspicious I got. It was like real Victorias secret shop but then again seemed like it wasnt. No I can`t even find the site... blah.

This makes me almost mad, wouldn´t europe be huge market for them?? Okay, europe itself isn`t so big actually, but there is definitely room for something like victorias secret!!

04-02-2012
rising star

Victoria's secret is coming to the UK this year so im assuming soon they will be all over Europe.

I sadly dont know were you can buy VS products haha. I know La Senza used to do the PINK line but they dont supply it any more and they have gone into administration...

05-02-2012
V.I.P.

^ As far as I know, there's no VS Europe online store yet, though it's slated to go live sometime in 2012. VS do have a booth at Gatwick Airport (after customs, so you can only go there when you're actually flying), where they sell some of their popular perfumes etc, and they have an actual shop in Amsterdam airport (again, after customs), where they sell perfumes, but also bras, clothes from the Supermodel collection, bags, accessories, etc. That's the only two places in Europe I know of!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria