How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

05-02-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by KKfan View Post
Well i live in a little City in England called Preston and hardly anyone has heard of VS but they know who Heidi Tyra Gisele Adri and Ale are. None of them know who Candi, Erin, Lily, Lindsey, or Behati are.

But maybe thats just because the first 4 are always in the news for some reason or other...

Doutzen is quite well known over here in Germany as well (at least her face), due to her being all over the place (TV & mags) in L'Oreal ads...

05-02-2012
rising star

Of course i forgot about Doutzen :/ ooops (slaps wrists) haha. Shes quite know here too.

06-02-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoutureChic View Post
I think you're stretching it saying Alessandra is a household name. Adriana is JUST getting there. There are still only 75/100 people who know who Adriana is, as opposed to Ale I'd say it's more 40/100 if not a bit lower...now her face is known but she's far from a household name.
Well I'm from a moderately small Australian city where most people there still think Tyra is a VS model and a few people even told me that Gisele would be wearing the 2011 Fantasy Bra. WTF. However, they all know Alessandra and Heidi. It's fair to say that they all know who Miranda is - the press just love calling her "Our Australian supermodel" (which imho Miranda is not deserving of the supermodel title). Most of them identify Doutzen as the L'Oreal girl, and for Adriana many have said they can recognise her face (and as the Maybelline girl) but not her name. Maybe it's just a demographics thing.

I find it frustrating talking to anyone from my city about VS cos they always say 'when is Gisele coming back?! Hasn't she had Leonardo's baby already?'

06-02-2012
V.I.P.

An actual conversation I had just now w/ my 23 yo male, American co-worker :

Him: Man, that chick in the flower [Superbowl] commercial looked smokin'!
Me: (knowing exactly who he was referring to) Do you know her name?
Him: No
Me: Her name is Adriana Lima
Him: Ok
Me: She was also in the Kia commercial
Him: Was she? Oh.

07-02-2012
fashion icon

That first kiss Valentine's Day commercial is out, and all the angels (including Lily) were there except Chanel. Even Lais was in the commercial. I think they have finally sent a clear message as to which girls are angels now.

07-02-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by valliaddict View Post
all the angels (including Lily) were there except Chanel
Miranda and Alessandra weren't there either.

Last edited by tlg00; 07-02-2012 at 08:02 PM.

07-02-2012
fashion icon

^OMG I am so stupid!! How could I forget them?

I still think that they might just keep Chanel in Pink, but not renew her angel contract. They might use her like they use Elsa Hosk.

07-02-2012
front row

Elsa is already doing Pink interviews as a Pink spokesperson + press events & all that crap.

When was the last time Chanel shot for VS? I think it's obvious she's out by now, Lais took over the 'Token Girl' spot, Behati was finally promoted to mainline but Elsa is their new Pink girl, they didn't even save that spot for Chanel/

08-02-2012
trendsetter

She actually shot for VS a couple of times in January.

08-02-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLimaVzla View Post
Behati was finally promoted to mainline
Pink is still the bulk of Behati's work for VS. She's done more mainline catalog work in recent times than in the past, but she's yet to have a mainline promotion, campaign, launch, or commercial. Maybe that will change in a few months (and I've seen something to suggest that it might) so if it does, then good for her. All of the other angels who worked a lot for pink (like Alessandra, Candice, and yes even Chanel) have gotten to do mainline work interchangeably so it would be nice for her to get the same opportunity.

As it stands so far, Pink is still the only area where Behati is being promoted, and that's not a bad thing at all. Some people keep trying to down Pink as the redheaded stepchild of VS, but it's still one of their main product lines. Actually Behati, Chanel, and Elsa are being promoted as the Spring Break trio.

Speaking of Elsa, she looks ubercute on the new Pink catalog cover.

source for both pictures - victoriassecret.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLimaVzla View Post
When was the last time Chanel shot for VS?
The real question should be when was the last time Miranda shot for VS. It's been very quiet on that front for her. I've heard about everyone shooting for them recently except for her. Was she in that shoot in Miami with Erin and the others?

08-02-2012
V.I.P.

elsa body is amazing! she should be doing the main line!

her body reminds me of heidi's at the beggining of her career! so womanly

08-02-2012
V.I.P.

Elsa is great, I hope she will be doing non pink vs lingerie, clothing and swim soon too.

Not impressed with Behati's non vs pink swim so far.

08-02-2012
tfs star

About famousness (is that a word?) of VS models, my two cents:

Here in Finland they make entertaiment news of Miranda, Adriana, even Erin now, Candice and pretty much all the angels, and of course ex-angels like KK and Gisele. Media has even started to publish their new photoshoots for VS and such. So they definitely make to news, but I don`t know how well common people remember them after the news are read.

So in that matter, they are famous around the world. But this is the era of internet, it is very easy just copy some else newspaper`s article. So there are news just about everybody (celebs, reality stars, socialites), it still doesn`t mean people know them by name or their achievements.

08-02-2012
trendsetter

I think Behati, Chanel and Elsa work really well for PINK, esp Elsa in the catalogue above.

Btw, has anyone else seen Lindsay's new hair at the VS Valentine's Day event? Yuuuuuck. She looks like a grandma.

09-02-2012
front row

Agreed about Linday's hair, she looks terrible. I've never been a fan but it's awful now

@tgl00, Behati recently show the summer line in Miami with Adriana, Erin, Candice, Lais & all the other girls & it was lingerie so she was definitely promoted to mainline now, maybe she'll do some Pink too but with both Alessandra & Lily out of the picture it makes sense that they want to use Behati next to Adriana because all the other girls are blondes.

Not sure about Miranda though, she isn't in any of the Valentine's Day videos & we know she's a part of the campaign or at least the catalogues. & I'm pretty sure she wasn't in Miami, i think she was in Australia or something during those days

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria