How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

09-02-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
both Alessandra & Lily out of the picture
Strangely enough they don't seem to be out of the picture. I know that there is a delay between when the pictures are shot and released, but they have both been pumping out a lot of stuff lately, and as someone who is used to seeing them is skimpy clothes, I see the pregnancy changes. I can't speak for Lily but knowing my beloved Ale she will probably be shooting up until they wheel her into the delivery room. :p

I expect to see more stuff like this.

victoriassecret via Lovemusic22

ETA:
Although you're overall point is valid because Ale and Lily are VS two main brunettes when it comes to print, and at some point they won't be available, so it will be interesting to see how VS deals with that, will they get blonder, e.g., more Candice and Erin, or start shooting more of other dark-haired girls, e.g., Adriana, Miranda, Lais, Behati, etc.

Last edited by agee; 09-02-2012 at 06:28 AM.

09-02-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLimaVzla View Post
Not sure about Miranda though, she isn't in any of the Valentine's Day videos & we know she's a part of the campaign or at least the catalogues. & I'm pretty sure she wasn't in Miami, i think she was in Australia or something during those days
That's exactly my point. Miranda was in Australia for all of December when the others were shooting back then too. Maybe Behati's increased presence isn't solely to compensate for Alessandra and Lily going to be out. At least you know why the two of them aren't shooting. Miranda, not so much.

And like I said, good for Behati. She's the only Pink spokesmodel that's been solely stuck in Pink. Good for her on finally getting to work interchangeably like Chanel, Candice, Alessandra, and others.

09-02-2012
V.I.P.

Faith Akiyama posted this in Karlie's thread:
Quote:
AlinaChoCNN Alina Cho
HEARING: @karliekloss cancelled all catwalk appearances in NY for a big opportunity... #nyfw #backstagepass #cnn
My mind went straight to VS when I read this, there may be ten other reasons but that was my first thought.

09-02-2012
hors concours♛

that will be a huge mistake if she abandons hf for VS. It won't make her the supermodel she could be if she does that.

09-02-2012
V.I.P.

^ I think that given Karlie's talents and personality, if she aspires to be a supermodel / celebrity model / brand status then VS is her ticket. If not VS then another big commercial contract like CoverGirl, Revlon, Maybelline or L'Oreal. If I look at supermodels / near supermodels / celebrity models of the last ten to fifteen years (post supermodel era), a significant portion have VS ties. Nevertheless I agree with the point that Karlie should not abandon high fashion because a long-term VS career is not a guarantee, not that I have any reason to think that Karlie would completely abandon her high fashion career unless it is part of her contract terms, which VS would not require but another fashion or beauty label might.

Last edited by agee; 09-02-2012 at 11:53 AM.

09-02-2012
V.I.P.

#288 Don't think it has to do with vs.

VSFS- too early.
VS catalogue shoot could probably be done anytime and is not really considered smth big, more so she shot for it before.

I don't think she gets any vs beauty contract or smth considering she is not generically pretty a la barbie doll vs kinda girl.

10-02-2012
backstage pass

Lily shot for them in January, so even though she's not shooting now, she probably still has stuff left to come out. On average, each angel has missed 2 catalog seasons when out.

- Alessandra missed Fall 2008, Christmas 2008. Returned to shooting in November 2008, 3 months after giving birth.

- Adriana missed Christmas 2009, Spring/Summer 2010. Returned to shooting in April 2010, 5 months after giving birth.

- Miranda and Doutzen both missed Spring/Summer 2011, and both returned to shooting in April 2011, 3 months after giving birth.

Lily and Alessandra will miss the fall catalogs because those start shooting in very late March or early April. They'll probably miss the Christmas shootings too because both will have just given birth. I think both will back by the time Spring starts shooting in late September, and they'll be back for the VSFS and all the hoopla surrounding it, so it's really not that long they'll be out. I wouldn't be surprised if they made FNO the return moment for both of them.

10-02-2012
fashion elite

FNO seems perfect for them to come back.

10-02-2012
trendsetter

^I'd love to see them both have a big comeback at FNO or VSFS!

15-02-2012
V.I.P.

Doutzen tweeted a picture from Miami saying that they are shooting that Michael Bay commercial. Adriana flew back to Miami yesterday, so I'm guessing she is there too. Candice is in New York, no? But it's probably a two/three day shoot.

Last edited by vivaglam; 15-02-2012 at 10:11 AM.

15-02-2012
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderTMugler View Post
FNO seems perfect for them to come back.
I don`t want to sound I criticise you or others about this not at all, I want to see them back too, though they`re not my very favs.

But FNO, isn`t that like in september? Please give them even little more time, even couple more months and they are still back super fast. Like for the VSFS.

Few more months away doesn`t make these two ladies irrelevant in the biz, no way.

Last edited by TommyGirl; 15-02-2012 at 01:22 PM.

15-02-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyGirl View Post
I don`t want to sound I criticise you or others about this not at all, I want to see them back too, though they`re not my very favs.

But FNO, isn`t that like in september? Please give them even little more time, even couple more months and they are still back super fast. Like for the VSFS.

Few more months away doesn`t make these two ladies irrelevant in the biz, no way.
It won't make them irrelevant but it's good timing for them. Yeah FNO is in September and Alessandra is due this spring and Lily a month or so after. It's not that bad if they come back in September, they have time, specially considering that last time Alessandra was back at the VSFS runway 2 months after giving birth.

Also they won't be wearing lingerie/swimsuits at FNO so there is not as much pressure.

15-02-2012
backstage pass

Looks like Elyse Taylor is shooting the commercial too. I liked her better with darker hair.

Quote:
Erin Heatherton @ErinHeatherton
Shooting on the beach with Michael Bay! Such a fun day.. Finally some sun!! http://yfrog.com/oe6wigoj
2:50 PM - 15 Feb 12via Twitter for BlackBerry®

source - twitter.com/erinheatherton

15-02-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaglam View Post
Doutzen tweeted a picture from Miami saying that they are shooting that Michael Bay commercial. Adriana flew back to Miami yesterday, so I'm guessing she is there too. Candice is in New York, no? But it's probably a two/three day shoot.
On twitter Candice said she's going to Miami too.

15-02-2012
V.I.P.

Lais said she's headed to miami too!

now we have a better idea of the lineup lol

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria