How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

29-02-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Neither Miranda or Doutzen are on the most recent Forbes List and Candice is, and you cannot say that them having babies is the be all end all because (IIRC) when Heidi, Adriana and Ale had babies they remained on the list. I can believe that because Adriana, Ale, Miranda and Doutzen have been with VS the longest that they have the highest "rates," but if VS does not use them frequently, which is the case with Miranda and Doutzen, and then use other girls like Candice and Erin a lot, then it does not matter if Miranda and Doutzen have higher rates. In other words if Candice and Erin are paid $10 per hour and Miranda and Doutzen are paid $15 per hour and Candice and Erin work 100 hours and Miranda and Doutzen work 20 then Candice and Erin are getting way more money from VS.
well have they both not been on the list since they star working with VS?
and they were BOTH pregnant n that same yr they are not in the list? i mean c'mon that a given to me

well like i said. to ME you are an angel when you get the Multimillion dollar contract,which until now only the 4 models that i previous mention own(Adri,Ale,Doutzen,Miranda)

is clear that Candice is working pretty much every week with VS and is making the big $$ ,which is why she was in the forbes list.yet no where close to the contract models. not even Erin is in the the Forbes list,n like i said before she work way more than the contract girls.

i said before doutzen n Miranda are working with VS pretty much 80-90 less than the new girls(Candice,Erin etc) yet those 4 that i mention are making way more $$.

n sorry for the stupid question,but when you have a contract they supposed to pay you lets said "4 millions" a year weather they use you or not?
so if you are a contract model (Adriana,ale,doutzen,Miranda) they all get the money that is in their contract even if they only work 3 weeks?
(i understant if they pregnant,the contract is hold or something like that) (?)

yet model like Candice n company get paid by the work they do. lets said by hour,or day.

29-02-2012
V.I.P.

I don't think that Doutzen and Miranda get paid more to do less VS work to any significant degree otherwise they would have still been on the Forbes list. If I had to guess, Doutzen has never been heavily used by VS and was on the list because she had VS, Loreal, Calvin Klein, Tiffany's and other money jobs. Miranda was on the list mainly for VS but she may have also been working for that Australian retailer, I am not sure how long she has been an ambassador for them but I think that its been for a few years, and while I don't think that she was their main print girl like Ale was and Candice is now, she was the spokesmodel for PINK, worked for the mainline - IIRC she did a lot of Swim and was the face of some of their major products, so like Candice and presumably Erin, Miranda got paid a lot by VS because VS used her a lot.

29-02-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
well have they both not been on the list since they star working with VS?
and they were BOTH pregnant n that same yr they are not in the list? i mean c'mon that a given to me
The "given" proves my point and that is that they have to do a certain quantity of work for VS to maintain their spot on the list, which does not put them in a substantially higher category than the newer Angels. IIRC Heidi, Adriana and Ale did not fall off the list the years they were pregnant.

Quote:
i said before doutzen n Miranda are working with VS pretty much 80-90 less than the new girls(Candice,Erin etc) yet those 4 that i mention are making way more $$.
On what basis are you asserting that Miranda and Doutzen are making more money for doing substantially less work? I think that they probably do get paid a higher rate because they have been Angels longer - I think that Miranda became an Angel in 2007 and Doutzen in 2008, versus 2010 for Candice and Erin but I don't think that your more money for "80-90 less" assumption or anything near that is valid.

Last edited by agee; 29-02-2012 at 06:28 PM.

29-02-2012
V.I.P.

well thats the thing,if you have a contract you dont have a rate (right ?)

therefore what i was saying is that the model with the contract get paid whatever was sign in their contract. it doesnt matter if they work or not. thats why they have the contract.

not models like candice n company. they do get paid by the work they do.
this is all my thinking BTW

thats why i am assuming the models with the Multimillion contract are the Main models (imo)

29-02-2012
backstage pass

For me the official angel line-up has been a blur since 2009, I have no idea who is an angel and who is not
but if we just base on appearance I would say Candice/Erin/Ale/Adri/Lily (with the last 3 pregnant....)
Miranda and Doutzen did virtually nothing apart from the VS show and few other thing so they are becoming fillers.
I guess we will see once Ale/Adri stop promoting due to pregnancy; if Miranda/Doutzen don't replace them, then I guess it would mean both moved on to something else and VS would use some of the usual filler girls like Lais, Chanel, Lindsey or Behati

29-02-2012
trendsetter

Doutzen actually has done a lot since the show. She did the Valentine's day campaign, she shot for that new commercial in Miami and she will soon be shooting with them in Miami again after they shot Barbara Palvin/Erin Heatherton there. Miranda is the one who hasn't done much, but maybe VS doesn't really care since she brings the biggest publicity even with the little she does.

29-02-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by agee View Post
IIRC Heidi, Adriana and Ale did not fall off the list the years they were pregnant.
Alessandra was removed.

Quote from The Forbes model list from 2008 story:

Quote:
A noticeable drop-off is last year's No. 5, Victoria's Secret angel Alessandra Ambrosio, who took a break from bikinis due to her baby

01-03-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonsoJonathan View Post
thats why i am assuming the models with the Multimillion contract are the Main models (imo)
You don't know who has which contract.

01-03-2012
trendsetter

Well he did say he was assuming, but honestly too many people here act like they work on the VS payroll and to call out Forbes lists to decide how much VS is paying makes no sense as that is a compilation of all works by the models not just their contracts.

01-03-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
You don't know who has which contract.
well i said that cuz pretty much since doutzen n miranda start workign with VS they have a spot in the forbes list n the year they were pregnant they are not on the list.
well to me that said they are getting most of their money from VS.

i knew Ale wasnt in the list the yr she wasnt pregnant.but i didnt have time to search for it.

01-03-2012
V.I.P.

2007 list

Quote:
1) Gisele Bundchen - $33 million
2) Kate Moss - $9 million
3) Heidi Klum - $8 million
4) Adriana Lima - $6 million
5) Alessandra Ambrosio- $6 million
6) Carolyn Murphy - $5 million
7 ) Natalia Vodianova - $4.5 million
8 ) Karolina Kurkova - $3.5 million
9) Daria Werbowy - $3.5 million
10) Gemma Ward - $3 million
11) Liya Kebede - $2.5 million
12) Hilary Rhoda - $2 million
13) Shalom Harlow - $2 million
14) Doutzen Kroes - $1.5 million
15) Jessica Stam - $1.5 million

2008 right after they were both sign

Quote:
Gisele Bundchen, $35 million (1 – $33 million)
Heidi Klum, $14 million (3 – $8m)
Kate Moss, $7.5 million (2 – $9m)
Adriana Lima, $7 million (4 – $6m)
Doutzen Kroes, $6 million (14 – $1.5m)
Karolina Kurkova, $5 million (8 – $3.5)
Natalia Vodianova, $4.8 million (7 – $4.5m)
Carolyn Murphy, $4.5 million (6 – $5m)
Daria Werbowy, $3.8 million (9 -$3.5m)
Miranda Kerr, $3.5 million (new)
Isabeli Fontana (new) and Gemma Ward, $3 million (10 – $3m)
Selita Ebanks, $2.7 million
Valentina Zelyaeva, $2.3 million
Hilary Rhoda, $2 million (12 – $2m)
Liya Kebede, $1.5 million (11 – $2.5m)
what did Miranda do to get 3.5 millions? a VS contract maybe?
what did Doutzen do in ONE year to go from 1.5 to 6 millions in one year? maybe getting a VS Multimillion dollar contract?

cuz like someone said they didnt work with VS that much to get all that money from their daily or hour rate,right?
i mean Candice made 2 million, n that girl work day n night w VS

01-03-2012
V.I.P.

I actually wrote this earlier today but had to change computers and did not post it.

Quote:
well thats the thing,if you have a contract you dont have a rate (right ?)

therefore what i was saying is that the model with the contract get paid whatever was sign in their contract. it doesnt matter if they work or not. thats why they have the contract.
In general, contracts can be fixed, there are contracts where the person gets money whether or not s/he performs the services, there are contracts that are "variable," the person gets paid based on the amount of work done and there are contracts that are combinations. There are probably other elements but are not relevant for this discussion. Tlg00's correction of my assertion that Ale remained on the list the year she was pregnant further reinforces the there is a strong correlation between the volume of work and their compensation. Of course contracts are negotiated by agents and managers, so I doubt if there is a one size fits all contract. IMO the Angels who would be in a position to have a contract negotiated where a significant portion of their compensation was fixed would be someone like Heidi or Tyra, and I doubt if that was a free ride and my guess is that she was expected to make herself available for magazine covers, TV interviews and appearances at big events and the fact that she was a VS Angel was prominently noted in her press kit.

There is another scenario which is somewhat similar to what you are bringing up and that is that it is not so much the volume of work but the distribution of the work, in other words they are not spending a lot of days working but their work product gets widely distributed in commercials, on websites, as store signage and whatnot. My guess is that Adriana and Gisele fall / fell into this group, but going back to to original discussion I don't see Doutzen fitting in this category, and perhaps Miranda but intermittently these days like when she wore the Fantasy Bra, although like I mentioned in a previous post, I think that Miranda was the face of some key products a few years back like the one where she did the nursery rhyme with the imaginary / outline wings.

01-03-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
what did Miranda do to get 3.5 millions? a VS contract maybe?
what did Doutzen do in ONE year to go from 1.5 to 6 millions in one year? maybe getting a VS Multimillion dollar contract?

cuz like someone said they didnt work with VS that much to get all that money from their daily or hour rate,right?
i mean Candice made 2 million, n that girl work day n night w VS
I addressed this already, but to be more specific:
In like 2005 to 2009ish timeframe, Doutzen got a Calvin Klein fragrance contract, a L’Oréal Paris contract, a VS contract, and then another Calvin Klein contract for one of their diffusion lines.

In the 2007 to 2009ish timeframe, Miranda was used heavily by VS including PINK, Swim and solo TV commercials - I think that most of her money was probably from VS, but she also became an ambassador for David Jones and I think she got some other beauty and other commercial gigs.

Last edited by agee; 01-03-2012 at 05:18 PM.

01-03-2012
V.I.P.

OMG!!

ok, peace out!

Last edited by alonsoJonathan; 01-03-2012 at 05:18 PM.

01-03-2012
V.I.P.

^ sounds good to me.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria