How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

03-12-2011
front row

^^I love Doutzen, she's stunning, but I feel like she's less "approachable" than the other VS girls... that may be the reason why when I think about VS, I don't automatically think about Doutzen.

03-12-2011
V.I.P.

i will like to see a frontal photo of Karlies body. like in bikini or something like that.

yes Joan n Candice are such a great duo!

03-12-2011
front row

Here are a few shots I found of Karlie, but it's hard to find a picture with her in a simple bikini! Great legs though.

See like Me.me
Life aficionada.tumblr (Numero magazine)
Golden eye.wordpress

Last edited by miniris; 03-12-2011 at 10:26 AM.

03-12-2011
V.I.P.

^
thank you

yes those are great pictures, but i kind of really want to see her Hips.
like some ppl said she has no hips. n her body is bad.soo i wanna see how she really looks.
because we can really see it in the outfits she had at the VSFS :l

03-12-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonsoJonathan View Post
^
like some ppl said she has no hips. n her body is bad.soo i wanna see how she really looks.
I guess that's why we don't find those kind of shots (and also why VS covered her so much!)

03-12-2011
tfs star

vogue.it

You can really see her body in the behind the scenes vid:

Last edited by nrllaless; 03-12-2011 at 11:15 AM.

03-12-2011
fashion icon

What Karlie lacks in body she will have to make up for in presence. She can obviously take a killer picture, but the VS runway is totally different from a HF runway. Karlie needs to find some way to get the general public on her side. We can talk about how great of a model she is, but it won't matter if she isn't selling merch to the VS customers. She has an "it" factor, but I don't think she will ever be able to carry VS the way that Adriana or Gisele has. I'm not trying to bash Karlie, I just think she only appeals to a very specific market. She must find some way for real women to like her.
Posted via Mobile Device

03-12-2011
V.I.P.

You are not going to find a non-photoshopped or strategically posed picture of Karlie with hips because she has no hips which is probably why she has been so successful as a high fashion model because hips, moreso than any other body part, are anathema to getting runway and other high fashion work unless you get them after you are established in high fashion, or if you start getting top level high fashion work after establishing yourself outside of high fashion a la Candice.

ETA:
These two images of Karlie are very close to being VS type pictures except that it it were VS they would show the clothes more. IMO a catalog version of these two images would definitely move merchandise.

source - trendhunter.com via tlg00

Last edited by agee; 03-12-2011 at 11:22 AM.

03-12-2011
backstage pass

Does anyone have any idea who will be part of GQ VS special/cover shoot next year?

03-12-2011
front row

^^^I understand and agree with what you say about her not being able to carry VS the way Adriana and Gisele did. Those two have true bombshell bodies. Karlie shouldn't try to run in this category, (I don't think she would try anyway) but we've already seen some high fashion models rocking VS. (whereas apparently they did not have the body for it (I'm thinking about Abby Lee)). For her, the challenge would be to avoid being put a label on as the fun/young 'girl next door' (she could really end up being considered only for PINK, and she could be a little stucked there (a bit like Behati)). I'm afraid she doesn't have (yet) the womanly and healthy body type VS tries to promote... But maybe in a few years? She does have potential, and being considered as the girl next door never prevented Behati to be called an 'Angel' so... (Behati does have THE body though...)
Only the future will let us know...

03-12-2011
V.I.P.

ok maybe ppl are going to think im stuped,but here it goes

doesnt the female body stop growing when the girls are around 18-19 yo?

03-12-2011
V.I.P.

Many Karlie fans are real women too, including myself. Heck I cant be even more real then I already am Plus Im VS consumer as well. Ill buy whatever Karlie models. Lingerie or clothes.

#70 Lindsay E. has almost same body as Karlie, "no curves at all" but it didnt stop her from modeling for VS in catalogues and commercials. (think phooootoooshooop woohoo + vs push up bra wonders) Also Lindsay's face for me is also 'HF' not everyday mall girl - yet she has obviously no prob with it either. So why should Karlie if she 'falls into same category' ?

Plus, VS said so many times they promote every type of body (not so curvy or a la Adriana) and every type of beauty. *Body for everybody* comes to mind...

Anyways, Karlie sure caused a lotta talks lol, not bad for starters.

03-12-2011
fashion icon

^^ As far as height yes, but body shapes always change
Posted via Mobile Device

03-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonsoJonathan View Post
ok maybe ppl are going to think im stuped,but here it goes

doesnt the female body stop growing when the girls are around 18-19 yo?
No.

In fact it always grows , that is changes to be more exact.

03-12-2011
front row

Yeap, you're right about the height, but your body type changes during your entire life. (That's true specially when you have children but not only). Even if your bones don't change that much after 18-19, your curves/muscles do.

*edit* Gosh, you guys are so fast!
Totally agree and am happy with the fact VS should have every body type! To me, Karlie's body look very young, but's that's just my opinion, and a lot of women keep this kind of body their entire life so...

Last edited by miniris; 03-12-2011 at 11:47 AM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria