How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

02-10-2012
front row

Quote:
Third #VSFashionShow musical guest is…@BrunoMars! Tune in to #CBS Dec. 4, 10/9C to watch him, @Rihanna, @JustinBieber + all ur fave Angels.
Twitter.com/VictoriasSecret

He's ok, but I'm still not very impressed by the music choices. I wish they would chose their artists because of the music not only because they are famous.

Last edited by MsMornings; 02-10-2012 at 12:04 PM.

02-10-2012
hors concours♛

a concert with models walking. well it brings the ratings, just sad the co. can no longer create lineups of superstar models who can carry a show on their own. again the models will be behind, as the music act takes a bow lol.
Posted via Mobile Device

02-10-2012
front row

Yeah Im afraid theyll show more of the music acts than concetrate on the real stars of the show, the models.

02-10-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by MsMornings View Post
Twitter.com/VictoriasSecret

He's ok, but I'm still not very impressed by the music choices. I wish they would chose their artists because of the music not only because they are famous.
Uh, have you listened to any of these artists? All of their music is a good fit, Bruno's newest song would be a good song to walk to. Rihanna + Todd's costuming is going to be AMAZING and I don't even care for her that much.

Things change with time, this isn't just some televised runway show. It's an event that's on mainstream television that needs to fit a mainstream audience. With that said I just hope this is better than last year, and they start showcasing the fantasy bra better like they did years prior. I think if anything, that deserves it's own little segment since that is something mentioned in every single press release.

02-10-2012
front row

Yes, I have listened to all of these artists and I don't think they are great artists to perform during the show.

Rihanna:
I think "California King Bed" was an awful song to walk to last year and I don't think "Diamonds" is the best song for the show. I just hope she won't sing live

Bieber:
Yes, some of his songs could work, but I think he's gonna look silly between the models. I hope he performs between two segments.

Bruno:
As I said, he's ok for the show.

I get it, they need to bring more attention to the show, but that doesn't mean I have to like it.

I would rather hear some of the songs from the commercials.
That Sleigh Bells song from the video with Ale and Lais is amazing and would be fantastic for the show.

Last edited by MsMornings; 02-10-2012 at 01:20 PM.

02-10-2012
trendsetter

They should seriously consider doing an Angels Across America tour again.

02-10-2012
front row

I'm excited for Rihanna actually, she's seems a good fit.

I'm actually not that fussed about Bieber, I think he'll be fine so long as they keep him in PINK, it'll be okay so long as he's with the likes of Erin, Behati, Chanel and Co. but if they put him anywhere else it will just be beyond awkward/perverted.

I cannot even begin to imagine him trying to engage and interact with the likes of Candice, Ale and Adriana

02-10-2012
fashion elite

Rihanna... she's ok, generic but it fits though her new song is horrible. I'll take her over the rumored Taylor Swift, Justin will be a big draw, just keep him in the Pink section. I could care less about Bruno, I still have to check out his single.

I agree with MsMornings, that Sleigh Bell song would be AWESOME and the girls' walk would be great. Since they have so many performers I'm afraid that we won't get great remixes that they used to have. Even in the sections where they don't have any performers we still get a generic song like in "Passion" and "I Put A Spell On You"

02-10-2012
trendsetter

how awkward can this show get? Rihanna is ok but Beiber and Bruno Mars and did I mention Bieber?

02-10-2012
tfs star

OMG,Bieber on VSFW??? Worst idea ever!!He will look so silly between the models.

02-10-2012
front row

Am I the only one that thinks having Justin Bieber for the pink segment will be really cute?
At least he can sing live, unlike Rhianna

02-10-2012
backstage pass

Bieber for Pink and he must wear a pink dress

02-10-2012
fashion icon

They are getting Jessica Hart to do a lot of the PINK events now, perhaps she will appear in the show

02-10-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseDillon View Post
Am I the only one that thinks having Justin Bieber for the pink segment will be really cute?
At least he can sing live, unlike Rhianna
I do too. A lot of people are just being overtly snobby. I'm just glad that there will be no rock acts this year. Now THAT is a horrible genre to walk to. Bieber has some pretty decent songs ("Boyfriend" and "Right Here") now that he is evolving into a Justin Timberlake clone. Rihanna will rock it and have the most energy. Bruno I can take or leave but I guess he will be alright for a slower paced segment.

02-10-2012
tfs star

At the end of the day, the VSFS is a televised show, a televised show that the network will want to turn a profit with. How do networks make money? They sell ads. What programs command the highest ad dollars? Those with the highest rating in the 18-49 demo. Those are the eyeballs they're trying to catch, the young demo.

That's how you get Rihanna and Justin Bieber as the performers, and that's also why the pink segment becomes bigger and bigger each year. That being said, LOL, I think Rihanna is actually an excellent fit for this type of thing.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria