How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

22-12-2011
scenester

Lais is OK while Karlie in VS is just not the right thing.

22-12-2011
windowshopping

I'm sorry but I don't get the Karlie Kloss thing at all. For me she is just a big no when it comes to VS. I'm not really into modelling thing, I'm much more of a 90's supermodels or victoria's secret girls fan. So I guess I'm their target audience? A person that is more into commercial and cute/sexy than high fashion and interesting. In my opinion, much as some people would like to see Karlie as an Angel, it's never going to happen. She doesn't have the body, doesn't have the face and she is not sexy at all. While watching VSFS I was just keep asking myself, why the would even let her walk.

I know that she is big in high fashion world (even though also in this world she isn't my favourite), but she is just not right for lingerie/swimwear.

Last edited by kittin; 22-12-2011 at 02:40 PM.

22-12-2011
front row

Again, i think Karlie was born to be the next Pink spokesperson because she has the bubbly personality & all that ... I truly think she would kill it there, she really looks great in her Pink pictures. But since Ed Razed said himself that VS mainline is supposed to appeal 25+ women & i think Karlie would be an epic fail because everything about her screams teenager, which is what i think it happened with Chanel, she has a big teenage fan-base but that is not the target VS is trying to appeal with their mainline. I don't think VS will make the same mistake twice Chanel was everywhere in the 2010 VSFS & this year she was basically M.I.A not only from the show itself but from all the promo videos too, & the time keeps going by Karlie still hasn't done a single VS mainline, if they were that desperate to sign her it would be done by now.

As for the picture of the four girls, yeah Erin has always been the tallest from that group so i think they just cut her legs maybe?

22-12-2011
V.I.P.

Judging by the legs, the height and the pose I feel like that could actually be Lily Aldridge's body with Erin's head That picture is a complete photoshop disaster.

22-12-2011
V.I.P.

^OMG YES, I think they are Lily's legs. That's how they look.

22-12-2011
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliax View Post
Lais's body is very slim and long, no big curves while Karlie's just that of a teen. Lais had a baby, right ? Well, I don't think it's fair to compare them. When Karlie has a baby and matures a bit more then may be we can compare them..
What? didn't know she has a baby!

22-12-2011
tfs star

^Yeah, she has a son. He's two, I believe.

22-12-2011
V.I.P.

I'm not a fan of Lais, either. her body proportions are just too odd. she reminds me of a praying mantis. LOL!!

why they've got her there instead of JOAN SMALLS or Emanuela de Paula I'll never know.

i know people feel bad for Lindsay cause we always forget about her .... but it's because SHE'S FORGETTABLE. she's pretty, sure. but she's just a regular pretty girl. she's not unique enough. she's not original. sorry if that's harsh, but in my opinion, it's true. gotta go.

SO - i say, bye bye Lais, Chanel, Lindsay ... and hello Joan, Manu and Karlie (if she fills out some... and by some, i mean "quite a bit")

22-12-2011
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycanadian View Post
I'm not a fan of Lais, either. her body proportions are just too odd. she reminds me of a praying mantis. LOL!!
Exactly!
Im not saying Karlie has the perfect VS body. Im just pointing out that its very hypocritical to be downing Karlie for VS when Lais and Chanel are far more thin than Karlie.

23-12-2011
V.I.P.

i definitely disagree to an extent, though, Jesse. Chanel is in no way thinner than Karlie. she's got a tinier frame, but she's definitely got alot more meat on her bones.

23-12-2011
V.I.P.

I think Karlie will become an angel or spokesperson sometime in the near future. She's extremely charismatic , she has PRESENCE and she's the girl next door with a little more spice!

23-12-2011
V.I.P.

I actually would have prefered Joan Smalls, still not really a fan of her but her body is killer and Ive watched a couple of vids the other day went through her threads and was surprised to see she is so sweet and bubbly so I warmed up to her a bit.

Ill repeat VS said themselves they want to appeal to every body and shape. And while we're at it Ill add Lindsay to Chanel/Karlie/Lais thing. Lindsay has a pretty face but her body lacks curves too. Still she is working fine for vs modeling lingerie not really having the right bod for it.

23-12-2011
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
Judging by the legs, the height and the pose I feel like that could actually be Lily Aldridge's body with Erin's head That picture is a complete photoshop disaster.
OK that is a new low for VS in terms of photoshopping

23-12-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psylocke View Post
Judging by the legs, the height and the pose I feel like that could actually be Lily Aldridge's body with Erin's head
That's not Lily's body, definitely not her torso. I don't think it's her legs either because Erin's legs look just as awkward here in an outtake from that same shoot that was posted a month ago.

source - facebook.com/russelljames

Last edited by tlg00; 23-12-2011 at 09:39 AM.

23-12-2011
V.I.P.

I thought Erin was taller than Adriana, or maybe I'm thinking of Lindsay.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria