How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

30-11-2011
Automated Thread Manager

Victoria's Secret Etc, Etc - Thread #4 - *Please see first post before posting*
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Aside from the fashion show, use this thread as an opportunity for any and
all VS news throughout the year!

Moderator Reminder:

Thread Rules:
1. No model bashing.
2. Negative opinions about models are allowed, but you must back up any negative opinion with precise facts about why you feel that way.
3. State that opinion only once, then move on ... do not mention it again.
4. All other tFS apply as usual, please keep in mind that just because this is the Victoria's Secret Thread does not mean that weight talk in any way/shape/form is allowed.
This thread was created to be a discussion thread. Multiple posts of an individual model in the same outfit should be reserved for the models' own threads.

Thank You

Last edited by HeatherAnne; 04-06-2012 at 07:49 AM.

30-11-2011
front row

Maybe it was like this some years ago and that's what I would like it to be, but unfortunately they a VERY generous with giving wings now.

Nearly every second outft has wings this year. They had 31 pairs of wings and 69? outfits.

Toni Garrn and Cameron Russell got wings too.

Last edited by MsMornings; 30-11-2011 at 04:27 AM.

30-11-2011
front row

VS actually tend to get too comfortable with their success, they found a receipe that worked, so they use it again and again... And try to give the audience what they ask for, meaning, more wings. However, and I don't think I have to teach them anything about marketing, sometimes it's better to leave us unsatisfied so we ask for more. Moreover, they have to find new ways keep it gripping.
Please VS, I'm just asking for some more magic here please!

^It wasn't Cameron's first VSFS was it?
I think the big mistake with Karlie is that they really highlighted the fact that it was her first time with VS and still gave her the wings. It's really contradictory with last year's video when they showed Chanel's special moment getting her first wings. I don't know if there is any way they can re-established the "angel" status again. Some coherence please!

Last edited by miniris; 30-11-2011 at 05:18 AM.

30-11-2011
front row

^
They had an interview with Ieva Laguna, Shanina Shaik and Cameron Russell in yesterdays Pre-Show and they presented them as girls who walked VSFS for the first time.

Getting wings really isn't special anymore.
I agree that it's a mistake to make such a big deal out of Chanel getting her first wings last year and then give them to more than half of the girls.

30-11-2011
V.I.P.

^^ I agree that VS spokespeople say contradictory things about the wings, even contemporaneously. I have come to the conclusion that they are just talking out their backsides / saying what they feel like when questions about wings and angeldom are posed to them. I have seen footage from old shows, and newbies and random nobodies were wearing wings even back in the day. I just think that the audience and media responded to them, and Lead Angel Heidi really liked them, and IIRC jokingly made a comment to the effect of, "I better get wings and they better be big!" Perhaps that also led to the perception that there was some kind of status associated with wings, but I think that it there is probably close to an even split between the wings being a "statement" and given to either a certain model or coming at a key point in a segment, or just being an "accessory" that is part of a filler model's costume.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miniris View Post
VS actually tend to get too comfortable with their success, they found a receipe that worked, so they use it again and again... And try to give the audience what they ask for, meaning, more wings. However, and I don't think I have to teach them anything about marketing, sometimes it's better to leave us unsatisfied so we ask for more. Moreover, they have to find new ways keep it gripping.
Please VS, I'm just asking for some more magic here please!
I agree. When it comes to the VSFS the end-game is getting high ratings for the broadcast so I do think that that does require them to not stray too far from certain "ingredients" in a winning recipe, but I agree that they probably go overboard, like they decide that if people liked the "sweetness" in last years recipe then the answer is to add more and more sugar, and that is not always a good thing.

Last edited by agee; 30-11-2011 at 07:05 AM.

30-11-2011
front row

30-11-2011
fashion icon

So what do you guys think about Lais being the newest angel? I know it hasn't been officially announced yet, but it is pretty obvious now since she was in the opening credits. Do you think she will make a good angel?

30-11-2011
front row

I'm not her biggest fan but I think she'll grow on me. She does look amazing in the holiday commercials.

She really needs to work on her English, cause know it's absolutely not possible to send her to an interview or even an event.

30-11-2011
V.I.P.

Lais is beautiful and has a great figure, but for some reason
she just lacked the spark at this year's VSFS that she had last year

however I do like her in print for VS
and yes, she desperately needs help in English

30-11-2011
fashion icon

I'm sure VS is making her work on that right now, but I love how everyone in this thread was stressing how speaking fluent English was very important, but then they go and sign Lais

30-11-2011
front row

The only thing I like about Lais is her figure. Everything else - just no. I wish they'd go for Emanuela instead.

30-11-2011
V.I.P.

^me too I'd love Emanuela and Joan to be angels
them + Adriana, Ale, Doutzen, and Candice, and maybe even Miranda
if she actually sticks around would be a great lineup for me

30-11-2011
hors concours♛

I don't think Lais has a great figure...does nothing for me. She looked real sleepy on the runway.

and I miss Emanuela. they need to bring her back as a main girl.

30-11-2011
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibizahippie View Post
The only thing I like about Lais is her figure. Everything else - just no.
Co-sign, but I don't even like the thing that you like about her. If I had to decide between Lais and Joan though (and I personally wouldn't take either one), Lais is slightly more tolerable. She's definitely on my list of "angels" that I don't like, but as long as I have a few that I do, it'll be really easy to ignore her presence. She doesn't stand out or pop for me visually in any kind of way, and it's not like she can show off her personality to win you over in that category since they never let her speak, for obvious reasons. I wanted to warm up to Emanuela given that VS was giving her years of testing and trying out, but something never clicked for her with me, and most likely never for VS either since she never made the leap.

I'm just waiting for the Karlie train to barrel full steam ahead now. The VSFS was essentially the "Hello Karlie" show. She's the only new model that got featured. She got very prominent positioning within the show, and she fit in really well. It's just a matter of time, and I hope it's soon.

Last edited by tlg00; 30-11-2011 at 09:41 AM.

30-11-2011
V.I.P.

I second that ^^

Would love Karlie as an angel. Girls has got *it*. No other so-called "angel candidates" even come close.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#4, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria