How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

21-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mockingbird View Post
"A lot of people" as in people who work in fashion. And it really isn't that much, the only "sexy" campaigns she has done is like Versace Fragrance and Just Cavalli. I'm sure the general public would not find her sexy, or even attractive. Chubby cheeks, cleft chin, weird mouth, gap teeth? Not exactly what most guys want in bed, or what most girls aspire to look like. And isn't one of the complaints about the VSFS that they use HF girls with very little sex appeal? Lindsey fits into that criteria for me.

Also, I don't know why you're comparing Lindsey to a cartoon character that is overtly sexualized, but Jessica Rabbit also has sultry eyes, red hair, and a very curvy body. The only thing they have in common for me is the weird lips.

Did you see the things people said about Karlie Kloss? Apart from her physique, they were saying how she looked weird/wasn't even pretty. Imagine what they would think if they saw Lindsey Wixson or Hailey Clauson, who are unique even by HF standards.
IMO Lindsey is 100x sexier than girls like Erin or Lindsay E, who you can't even tell apart. And like I said she does appeal to people who don't like HF, just look at Tumblr, the basic 4 HF models that people who dont like fashion like are Lindsey, Daphn, Karlie and Cara. Lindsey has an amazing body and she's done lots of sexy things. Like DSquared2 this season.

Last edited by Psylocke; 21-10-2012 at 04:17 AM. Reason: edited quoted post

21-10-2012
V.I.P.

Before I didn't find any sex appeal in Lindsey W, she seemed like a really tall young girl with the puffy cheeks. But her look at DSquared is showing me a different side, and I think she can pull off VSFS.

Another young lady is Cara D. Look at her here at the amFAR auction earlier this year, @ 9:15, that's her in the back next to Anna BB. That is VSFS energy right there.

21-10-2012
V.I.P.

Yes please to Andreea Diaconu, she's beautiful and her walk is really good.
Cara Delavigne has a great personality for pink, but she needs to work on that horrible walk, the same for Lindsey W.
What about Irina Kulikova??, she has amazing body and great walk.

21-10-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsamg View Post
IMO Lindsey is 100x sexier than girls like Erin or Lindsay E, who you can't even tell apart. And like I said she does appeal to people who don't like HF, just look at Tumblr, the basic 4 HF models that people who dont like fashion like are Lindsey, Daphn, Karlie and Cara. Lindsey has an amazing body and she's done lots of sexy things. Like DSquared2 this season.
Agreed. I saw her Numero cover and Another Man spread. She transforms a lot depending on the style and makeup and sexy is one of them. I didn't see that side of her until very recently but I guess it's because she's growing up--wasn't she like 14/15 when she blasted off?

I look at a lot of non-fashion forums too for both men and women and I've actually seen people talk about Lindsey. They have no idea about fashion etc. Boys seems to love her. She's extremely feminine looking.

Her lips aren't "weird" though--the whole obsession about them is that they're extremely sexual looking and based on what I've read on men's forums, her lips are perfect for sexy things

Her physique is definitely VS worthy--I'd like to see a physique like that at VS. She has a tiny waist and big boobs which not a lot of models have.

21-10-2012
V.I.P.

I think that Lindsey Wixson and Cara Delevingne are good candidates for VS - both the VSFS and in print. Another girl I like for VS, in print at least, is Lucette van Beek, she has some wonky angles but I like the result when they get it right.

VS has always done their own thing with casting, they clearly follow who is hot in fashion, but for the most part, they don't let other tastemakers dictate their casting for the show and in print and I respect them for that. My only issue is that I think that VS should be even more diverse in their archetypes - I like glamour and bombshells and girls next door, but I also think that VS, for both the show and print, needs to add a smattering of other archetypes in the mix like tomboys, rock chicks and rebels. I actually think that they were better at this years ago, in the show at least, when the likes of Omahyra Mota, Alek Wek and Karen Elson walked the show.

Last edited by agee; 21-10-2012 at 10:47 AM.

21-10-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by agee View Post
I think that Lindsey Wixson and Cara Delevingne are good candidates for VS - both the VSFS and in print. Another girl I like for VS, in print at least, is Lucette van Beek, she has some wonky angles but I like the result when they get it right.

VS has always done their own thing with casting, they clearly follow who is hot in fashion, but for the most part, they don't let other tastemakers dictate their casting for the show and in print and I respect them for that. My only issue is that I think that VS should be even more diverse in their archetypes - I like glamour and bombshells and girls next door, but I also think that VS, for both the show and print, needs to add a smattering of other archetypes in the mix like tomboys, rock chicks and rebels. I actually think that they were better at this years ago, in the show at least, when the likes of Omahyra Mota, Alek Wek and Karen Elson walked the show.
VS is not a Givenchy show. It would be impossible to have Omahyra Mota because people wouldnt understand her look.

21-10-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
My only issue is that I think that VS should be even more diverse in their archetypes - I like glamour and bombshells and girls next door, but I also think that VS, for both the show and print, needs to add a smattering of other archetypes in the mix like tomboys, rock chicks and rebels. I actually think that they were better at this years ago, in the show at least, when the likes of Omahyra Mota, Alek Wek and Karen Elson walked the show.
agree, they need Catherine McNeil, she is glamorous but with an edge. She has also had a comeback this season.

21-10-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam12 View Post
agree, they need Catherine McNeil, she is glamorous but with an edge. She has also had a comeback this season.
i dont think vs will anjoy her big tattoos

21-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleathquakes View Post
Another young lady is Cara D. Look at her here at the amFAR auction earlier this year, @ 9:15, that's her in the back next to Anna BB. That is VSFS energy right there.
I felt second hand embarrassment when watching it tbh. She's just another fame wh*re, like Kate Upton.

21-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmrmartinho View Post
VS is not a Givenchy show. It would be impossible to have Omahyra Mota because people wouldnt understand her look.
But do you get that Omahyra, Alek and Karen have already walked the show. Of course the dominant look is going to be conventional beauty, but I don't think that the world is going to end if a few of the girls cast don't fit the conventional beauty mold. I am not advocating for Saskia de Brauw in particular to be cast, and not taking into account her walk and blah blah blah, but I think that she is the type that would have been cast if the same sensibilities were being used that were used ten years ago.

IMO out of the thirty five or so girls cast for the show, three to five should be outside the glamour, bombshell, girl next door mold. And to be fair to VS, they've stepped outside of the box a little bit like when they cast Magdalena for the 2010 show, but she's still on the safe side, as would Lindsey Wixson be if she were cast in the future, as they can be styled to look like a bombshell or girl-next-door.

P.S.
For the record, I don't have anything against models who are conventionally pretty, glamorous, or bombshells. I have been a champion of those kind of girls numerous times in other discussions, especially if they have great personalities, good modeling skills and / or x-factor.

Last edited by agee; 21-10-2012 at 11:56 AM.

21-10-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by anlabe32 View Post
I felt second hand embarrassment when watching it tbh. She's just another fame wh*re, like Kate Upton.
I felt second hand embarrassment watching it as well, but only because her behaviour seems a bit too much/too energetic for the amFAR auction. She looks out of place with everyone else just standing there, while she's jumping arround.

I think it's fine and much more appropriate for VS Pink.

Last edited by MsMornings; 21-10-2012 at 12:02 PM.

21-10-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by congacon View Post
i dont think vs will anjoy her big tattoos
Isabeli has big tattoos as well. I don't think they will care, and even if they do, the costumes today cover the body up more so than how it used to be, so I doubt they will show.

21-10-2012
front row

Quote:
But do you get that Omahyra, Alek and Karen have already walked the show. Of course the dominant look is going to be conventional beauty, but I don't think that the world is going to end if a few of the girls cast don't fit the conventional beauty mold. I am not advocating for Saskia de Brauw in particular to be cast, and not taking into account her walk and blah blah blah, but I think that she is the type that would have been cast if the same sensibilities were being used that were used ten years ago.

IMO out of the thirty five or so girls cast for the show, three to five should be outside the glamour, bombshell, girl next door mold. And to be fair to VS, they've stepped outside of the box a little bit like when they cast Magdalena for the 2010 show, but she's still on the safe side, as would Lindsey Wixson be if she were cast in the future, as they can be styled to look like a bombshell or girl-next-door.

P.S.
For the record, I don't have anything against models who are conventionally pretty, glamorous, or bombshells. I have been a champion of those kind of girls numerous times in other discussions, especially if they have great personalities, good modeling skills and / or x-factor.
I have to add--Omahyra, Alek Wek and Karen Elson also have great bodies to show off lingerie--that's really important.
Someone with a similar "edge" as those girls but with a great body for lingerie is Aymeline Valade. She sizzles.

I like models who are conventionally pretty, glamorous and bombshells and I find it interesting that we have an agreement in this intersecting point Because girls like Karen, Aymeline, Candice, Gisele and Lindsey all have a very obvious bombshell sex appeal along with their own unique thing going on. And like I said before, I love Toni but she doesn't that that va-va-voom thing. I also find it interesting that a girl like Karmen Pedaru, who is portrayed as conventional and sexy in high fashion campaigns, doesn't get much love on men's forums...so just sayin..

21-10-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam12 View Post
Isabeli has big tattoos as well. I don't think they will care, and even if they do, the costumes today cover the body up more so than how it used to be, so I doubt they will show.
actually isabilli's tattoos are a 10th of catherine's tattoo. and a big difference is that u can't really see them from the front.

catherine's tattoo is huge and obvious

21-10-2012
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by congacon View Post
actually isabilli's tattoos are a 10th of catherine's tattoo. and a big difference is that u can't really see them from the front.

catherine's tattoo is huge and obvious
u are talking about the one on her left aspect of the torso right? they can easily cover it up with the outfits. They are not that revealing these days either.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#5, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria