How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

23-10-2012
front row

I read in Xenia Deli Bellazon page, that castings starts 25th

23-10-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warhol View Post
I read in Xenia Deli Bellazon page, that castings starts 25th
Ah Xenia Deli is someone I would like to see! Also Terese Pagh!

It's so sad how a lot of the girls who would be really good for VS aren't "in" the moment for fashion.
It seems like the really important fashion clients have been favoring androgynous and masculine girls these past few years and that's the look agencies are scouting. Options are really limited and they have to compromise. It's understandable but I don't want to see a lot of these girls doing the VS catalog and campaign for lingerie. Maybe for the clothes and shoes but definitely not the bras and thongs etc.

It seems like Barbara has the best reception with average women and men and she is the total opposite of the current "look" in terms of height, face and physique!! I hope she is the star of the show.

23-10-2012
front row

I've noticed Sigrid's been looking rather hot lately, just saying...

mrblasberg.com via Lovemusic22

Last edited by valisere; 23-10-2012 at 08:41 PM.

23-10-2012
backstage pass

since we are talking casting my wishes
returning: Joan, Emmanuela, Constance, Isabeli, Izabel, Magda, Toni, Flavia, Anais
new: Barbara, Cintia
please don't come back: Julia, Caroline w, Karlie (or stick to pink), Anja, Lily D (love both of them but not impressed at VS), Cameron, Shanina (or tone it down girl)

Casting starts tomorrow, let the craziness begin

23-10-2012
front row

Oh, you guys always remind me of girls I wanna see there! How could I forget about Edita? She totally needs to be there too, it'd be a nice comeback.

Natasha Poly is always a yes for me, although I don't see her walking for VS anymore. I don't know, it just doesn't seem her thing now, with the L'Oreal contract and everything.

Shanina! In terms of looks, she is perfect. She fills the blank for Irina Shayk (dreeeeam!). I wanna see her again and I think she'll be there. Karlie is a huge no for me. Her body is just too weird, nothing there attracts me, and we're talking about a lingerie show, come on!! I think she has a great personality and appeals for the teen public, but that's about it. So, no.

Barbara Palvin would be a good addition and as far as I know she's been shooting the Valentine's Day campaign, so that may be a sign.

23-10-2012
front row

Ooh, and I think Doutzen should open.

23-10-2012
V.I.P.

No point in people saying they hope Karlie won't be back. She will most definitely be back.

Much to my dismay. Karlie fits VS about as well as Hanne Gaby would.

23-10-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsamg View Post
Kasia is my absolute favourite and I think she's the most beautiful of all the models but although her face would work her body would have a worse reaction than Karlie's did.
Ehhh with Karlie and Anja in why not let Kasia walk, she's such a chameleon. She has a decent waist to hip ratio, just have her strut a bit more and we're good to go. Lindsey Ellingson is just as flat and they have her selling bras, Kasia can surely pull off a couple moving minutes on a show.

23-10-2012
V.I.P.

Karlie Kloss is perfect to me , she embodies the all american girl next door with a bubbly personality! Plus her figure is amazing , you may think it's not sexy enough but her long legs and size 0 (?) figure are what most girls would kill for.. I'd love for brunette Stam to walk , she is just stunning and her eyes are piercing ! VS favourites of course such as Toni G and Edita had better be back , they're both classically beautiful amidst a sea of "sexy" faces that aren't particularly known for their flawless features

Caroline W and Julia S both seem like long term walkers , they're exceptionally stunning/beautiful in real life but not photogenic(which is a shame!) , or so so many people who've met them have reported!

Last edited by WerbowyStegner; 23-10-2012 at 09:34 PM.

23-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderTMugler View Post
Ehhh with Karlie and Anja in why not let Kasia walk, she's such a chameleon. She has a decent waist to hip ratio, just have her strut a bit more and we're good to go. Lindsey Ellingson is just as flat and they have her selling bras, Kasia can surely pull off a couple moving minutes on a show.
Yeah that's true, she can pull off pretty much anything. I just can't see her being well received by the public, people are still complaining about Karlie a year later.

Stylebistro

^^Just not the generic VS bombshell body that sells.

23-10-2012
V.I.P.

i'd like to see Doutzen open the show! she's really worked her butt off for VS this year. has ultimately taken on the "Lead Angel" role with both Ale and Adriana pregnant.

yes, Candice is the one they use most in the catalogue, but Doutzen seemed to me to be the Head Angel. And she's usually great on the runway, plus she's looking better than ever right now. i think she'd make a great opener!

23-10-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsamg View Post
No point in people saying they hope Karlie won't be back. She will most definitely be back.

Much to my dismay. Karlie fits VS about as well as Hanne Gaby would.

So true.

Lindsay Ellingson isn't that flat and it looks like she has been working hard to fit the commercial world.

Also, I must say this, there is nothing ideal about Karlie to an average man or woman. The average girl is not dreaming to look like her. If you look at all the non-fashion blogs that had even a single post on the VS show, she was the one who got the most snark and negative comments. Even if she is just like that and can't do anything about it, it casts a negative air around VS and models. Highlighting her is like beating a dead horse.

Girls want to look like ScarJo, Megan Fox, Amanda Seyfried etc. The type of women who are always praised by average women and men are like Sofia Vergara, Brooklyn Decker, Adriana Lima and everyone is always reminiscing about old school Cindy Crawford etc. There's a reason why lip injections, breast implants and strength training exercises are so popular now--it's because it attempts to achieve traits considered attractive and sexual.

23-10-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by petit fours View Post
Andreea D. and Ali Stephens are a MUST for the show!
YES YES YES! everyone seems on board with Andreea, Ali & Kendra, i really hope we get to see them!

24-10-2012
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycanadian View Post
i'd like to see Doutzen open the show! she's really worked her butt off for VS this year. has ultimately taken on the "Lead Angel" role with both Ale and Adriana pregnant.

yes, Candice is the one they use most in the catalogue, but Doutzen seemed to me to be the Head Angel. And she's usually great on the runway, plus she's looking better than ever right now. i think she'd make a great opener!
I can see Doutzen opening the show. I don't know if this year would be the year though. I've always wanted a strong blonde to open since 2006. Karolina again would have been perfection. Doutzen is a good one too. We can pretend Candice never happened. They could throw a curve ball and get a non angel to open, however that is unlikely.

Anyways.. No T No Shade but any updates from miss Selita's twitter? I'm surprised she has posted anything about working out for the show. Maybe she learned her lesson?

24-10-2012
backstage pass

so i guess no one would like abbey lee to come back? i really enjoyed her in '09 show.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#5, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria