How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

24-10-2012
V.I.P.

lol You never know.

24-10-2012
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivalakenna View Post
Any thoughts on Marloes H. being booked for the show?
Yes please, she try th VSFS for two or more years and she deserves! Marloes Horst has the sex appeal for VSFS ans she has a nice walk.

Marloes Horst
Xenia Deli
Terese Pagh
Chrishell Stubbs
Frida Gustavsson
Irina Shayk (why not)

24-10-2012
trendsetter

Eugenia V.!!!!
Marija!!!
Flavia!!!!
I mean, what other classic girls?
Fernanda!!

24-10-2012
front row

I would love to see Daniela Braga and Daiane Sodre...but I have a feeling if they did get casted, it would have to be one or the other and not both. :/

24-10-2012
V.I.P.

Rose Cordero went to the VSFS castings today.
Quote:
At Ford models doing a interview then after going to VS casting for the fashion show let's see what happend ! ☺
twitter.com/cordero_rose

24-10-2012
front row

About the opening. Yes, Adriana is the safe option and it always works, but it'd be great to have more variety. I mean, she's opened like 4 of the last 5 shows? Doutzen has been working for VS for a long time now and her body is insane, not to mention she has a good walk and a personality as good as Adriana's -- she can carry the opening.

Also, I agree with what theBlueRider said. Considering it's a lingerie show, I think viewers are looking forward to see models that appeal to them. I know there's a pattern to models body types, what they should look like and all that, but VS is all about the bombshells, like Adriana, Ale, Doutzen and the old school era -- Gisele, KK, Heidi, Tyra. The market has definitely changed. I just miss the old era, that's what I'm saying.

24-10-2012
front row

I just saw Sigrid's new Numero cover. Such a pretty face but it makes me say no for VS. I wouldn't be surprised if she shows up since she's a commodity on the runway right now.

There are a lot of leggy, poised, busty **removed weight talk** models with great hair and a charismatic personality who would be really great for the VSFS and VS in general but they're not in demand at the biggest shows or editorials and people really interested in fashion have never heard of them. They're usually doing the smaller shows or no shows at all.
The tables are turned these days and there's a greater separation between girls who can wear lingerie well and girls who can wear a couture dress well. It's different from Gisele's era when the girls walking the biggest shows like CK, Prada, Miu Miu, Alexander McQueen etc could also wear lingerie well. They could do two types of fantasies. That's why we don't see another Cindy Crawford or another Gisele and perhaps that's why luxury sales are going down and I'll go even further to say perhaps that why actresses are taking over a lot of beauty, fragrance and luxury goods advertisement (there's more diversity and relatability face and body wise). Sex sells.

I just opened up a Harper's Bazaar from 2002 in my magazine collection and all the models have way bigger boobs and bigger muscles than the models today. And as far as VS goes, it's mid-range priced mainstream lingerie and they have to target their consumers which are women who have never heard of Haider Ackermann and men who have never heard of Raquel Zimmerman and they could care less and rather not know. It's not La Perla, Wolford or Carine Gilson (and even those brands use appropriate models).

Why doesn't someone nominate Andrej Pejic while we're at it?

Last edited by ckgirlbr; 25-10-2012 at 11:12 AM. Reason: Weight talk not allowed.

25-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBlueRider View Post
Why doesn't someone nominate Andrej Pejic while we're at it?
That would be the worst thing ever, if people think VS is a circus, this just will confirm that. Don't get me wrong, Andrej is great for print work, but for VS?? NO NO!!!

25-10-2012
fashion icon

So castings we're today? Jessica Hart keeps on tweeting stuff about VS, she is doing an event for them on Sunday. I think she will make it in the show, don't want her too, but VS are loving her at the moment.

Emily D would be really good

25-10-2012
V.I.P.

i think VS takes the perspective in the show that their "Angels" are the biggest focus. and that's smart in many ways, because it helps promote the faces of the brand and thus, the brand itself.

BUT - i think that every year there should be a couple of classic VS supermodels from the past. to remind everyone of the significance of the company and to also garner more press and attention.

to think that Naomi Campbell did this show for several years. and Eva Herzigova. Claudia Schiffer. Stephanie Seymour, etc etc.

lots of the high-fashion brands call on these genuine SUPERMODELS when they want a bit more press and attention. and - obviously, most of these women aren't going to be as comfortable strutting down the runway in lingerie as they were 15 years ago ...but I think it could be great to incorporate some WOMEN that other women can relate to and who are relatable innately because they've been famous for so many years.

in summary --- what i'm saying is that VS should have at least one über classy section, each year. with very sophisticated and glamourous and sensual lingerie. and they should use a couple of the older classic VS supermodels in this segment. i'm sure that for the right price, Stephanie or Eva or Laetitia would turn up for the VSFS.

25-10-2012
backstage pass

till when are the castings? because Barbara is in Paris so... unless she does not need to do the casting...

25-10-2012
front row

She probably doesn't need it.
It's pretty clear she's under some kind of contract. and not a minor one.
I mean, VS even posted a birthday message to her on their Facebook/Twitter.
Lais's birthday was a few days earlier, and they didn't say a thing about it.

25-10-2012
front row

^^HappyCanadian I would love to see that too! I think the 30-45 demographic would really love that too as those are the women and who grew up with VS but aren't shopping there anymore.
I also think that would be a positive image to show the 18-24 viewers that sexiness doesn't end at 25.
I thought Laetitia would be a good idea in my previous post because she's been buzzing lately.

I will throw a long shot and hope that they include a really fit, plus sized, gorgeous glamazon. Maybe Robyn Lawley. She's super tall with a great figure. I say this because the last years of Tyra and Heidi was a time when the 30+ demographic could really identify with the brand. Then VS took a turn to cash in on the buying power of teenagers with Pink and that whole idea infiltrated the main line.
The full figured market is an 8 billion dollar market and it's going up. It's more powerful than the teen market because eventually teenagers grow into women and the average bra size of women is going up. I don't mean turn the company into Lane Bryant but they need someone similar to Tyra in that cast because she was "real" and other worldly gorgeous and empowering.

Pink is great for the company but they need to tackle both ends of the market. The whole idea of business growth and marketing is to get the consumers when they're young (Pink 16-21), establish brand loyalty (main line 21-30) and sustain that loyalty over time (30+++). They're not fulfilling the last one.
I've seen charts and statistics on Forbes and BusinessInsider that show this and how they have a huge potential to lose a lot of their market share. The company's success was based on how sexy, fun lingerie was available to purchase through a catalog so men wouldn't feel embarrassed buying it. If I remember correctly, the e-comm boom started around the time Gisele left the brand (correlational effect?). Lingerie is easier to buy now than ever before and information about correct bra sizing is all over the internet.

With free shipping, free returns, free exchanges and live chat customer service, a 15% off discount code, and pictures at every angle, you can get super sexy european lingerie right at your doorstep in every size from an AA-K. It's obvious with VS stepping it up over the past decade with the promotions on top of promotions, the recent reintroduction of the designer collection and associating the hottest popstars with the fashion show. They fall short though because of the lack of sizes (any one else notice it only comes in 34b, 34c, 36b, 36c?) among other things...

25-10-2012
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larek View Post
till when are the castings? because Barbara is in Paris so... unless she does not need to do the casting...
I saw that on twitter too, very strange. Perhaps she isn't going for the show this year

25-10-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovemusic22 View Post
Rose Cordero went to the VSFS castings today.

twitter.com/cordero_rose
I'll bet $5 that she wasted her time being there.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#5, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria