How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

25-10-2012
fashion elite

I too think they should have classier models that give a sexy woman feel not some of these girls look 19 and are 19. Woman are still very sexy at 25 ie. Hilary Rhoda, Joan Smalls, Magda are on their mid 20s and look it and have brick house bodies they would look very sexy in some sensual lingerie not this constume fashion show they are having these days!
Posted via Mobile Device

25-10-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanceFashionista View Post
I too think they should have classier models that give a sexy woman feel not some of these girls look 19 and are 19. Woman are still very sexy at 25 ie. Hilary Rhoda, Joan Smalls, Magda are on their mid 20s and look it and have brick house bodies they would look very sexy in some sensual lingerie not this constume fashion show they are having these days!
Posted via Mobile Device
I bet you haven't visited her thread for a while.
I love Magda, but I'm not sure if I want to see her in the show this year.

Last edited by valisere; 25-10-2012 at 07:12 AM.

25-10-2012
fashion elite

^ I was going by her appearences in the show. She looks very womanly and sensual.
Posted via Mobile Device

25-10-2012
front row

Yes, she sure did. In 2010.Well, I guess I should stop now.

25-10-2012
V.I.P.

Valisere, I'm definitely rooting for that girl on your avatar. gorgeous

I would love to see Daniela Braga, Emily D and Lisalla Montenegro

edit: I can figure that you've said about Magdalena, I hope she makes the cut, though!

Last edited by rockangel; 25-10-2012 at 07:23 AM.

25-10-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockangel View Post
Valisere, I'm definitely rooting for that girl on your avatar. gorgeous
Maybe in a few years timedoubt she's 18 yet.

25-10-2012
hors concours♛

all for your idea happycanadian. i mean last time i checked naomi still has one of the most amazing bods around. although i think shes over it and moved on. shes naomi. they would have her in a heartbeat. wouldnt mind laetitia either. i dont get this young look craze in a lingerie show. a cute teen looking face just does not appeal to me in the slightest. especially in lingerie. the only time it belongs is in the pink section.
Posted via Mobile Device

25-10-2012
V.I.P.

I loooove old-school VS models and would squee if Heidi, Tyra or Naomi took a spin on the runway, but I don't think that someone who is not inclined to watch Justin Bieber and the general goofiness that defines the show these days would watch all that stuff just to see a single segment featuring their faves from back in the day. Conversely, if VS had an entire segment that was more toned down and focused on sophistication and glamour, featuring models whose hey day was ten or more years ago, then they risk that the ones who tuned in to see Rihanna and Justin Bieber would change the channel and not come back, and they really, really don't want that to happen.

IMO the only four "old schoolers" that have any kind of drawing power are Heidi, Tyra, Gisele and Naomi, and three of those four have television shows, none of which are on a major network, so I am not sure that they would draw the numbers that CBS wants. Now back in the day I betcha that Heidi and Tyra's drawing power was on par with the musical acts like Sting, Seal, The Spice Girls and Mary J. Blige, but I don't think that models are the draw these days - the biggest draw by far are the musical acts and then the production itself, i.e., the themes, the set, the costumes and the models as "performers" in a number.

If VS wants to tap into nostalgia I think that they would be better off having models from the previous era on the front row, on the pink carpet and incorporating them in segments, for example they could interview Molly Sims or Rebecca Romijn about their first times walking the show in addition to the current girls. Perhaps they can get some old schoolers and book them on a chat show like Ellen or Live with Kelly and Michael. I could also see someone like Gisele being the host or a backstage correspondent, but believe you me most of her interaction would be with the musical acts and not the models. Of course one of these "old schoolers" can do a turn on the runway, but I just cannot see them doing a segment comprised mostly of old schoolers.

*weight talk removed* I think that if VS is losing older customers, casting older and more sophisticated models and having more elegant segments will not make that much of a difference - the change is much more fundamental than that and again boils down to serving the needs of that market. My guess is that VS corners the market with teenagers and young women with PINK and that is a good thing, and then loses the women in their thirties and forties, particularly the ones who are ** bustier, because the marketing message with the mainline is to make the wearer's boobs look two cup sizes larger - I don't think that a woman who wears a 40DD wants an everyday bra that makes her boobs look even bigger.

Last edited by ckgirlbr; 25-10-2012 at 08:34 PM. Reason: Weight talk.

25-10-2012
V.I.P.

Would love to see Nadja Bender, Ava Smith and Julia Frauche on the show.
Posted via Mobile Device

25-10-2012
front row

I agree, the look has become very collegiate. Very college girl pretty. That's why I'm against using certain girls (for instance, I don't think Ali Stephens is a good lingerie model at all and she is very "college" looking).
Historically, VS has used some very young models in the past but they had an unusual mix of angelic and exotic features (ex. Adriana Lima)--that's what makes it work.

Also, there seems to be a misconception that all VS bras are super padded. They're not. Only two of their bras give a 2 cup boost and that's the bombshell bra and the dream angels 2 cup push up.
The majority of the bras are are only lightly lined or a light push up. Their best selling bras are not the add 2 cups bra--that's just the bra with the most controversy.

VS has extended their sizes with their biggest at a 40DDD. But they don't carry any 28 or 30 bands which are actually really popular. I don't know if you know much about bra sizing and breast anatomy. The number indicates the size of the ribcage so a woman who wears a 40 with any cup size would be a very very very broad woman.

Anyway, bras make up 50% of lingerie sales. The most popular bra sizes with women 21-30 today are reportedly 32c, 32dd, 34 c, 34 d. Even though you see "dd" it doesn't mean that it's a size that looks like pamela anderson. You would probably look at this and think "average" sized. But there's enough breast tissue that needs support and lift. Usually a woman wearing these sizes wants to add shape and bring them up and centered for cleavage and that's when a push-up bra or a contoured underwire bra comes into play.
Fyi, push up bras don't work well unless you already have enough tissue to push around since the whole point is to get lift.
It's all about the lift. Most women who are say 32a, 32b, 34a can forgo a bra because they're generally very perky. Someone who is 34c is more likely to purchase lots and lots of bras over the year and wear a bra every single day of the year. Again, bras are both fashion and function. That's why lingerie models tend to have womanly and fit physiques because consumers are getting fuller chested. Girls are more likely to identify with ScarJo in a lingerie ad than Keira Knightley in the same ad. ScarJo would deliver a better fantasy and show a better function.

25-10-2012
V.I.P.

Get Your Wings
Every Angel Gets Her Wings. Starting This November...You Can Too!

Ever wonder what youd look like in Angel wings? Find out here: www.victoriassecret.com/GetYourWings

Source: VS Coupon Mailer

25-10-2012
V.I.P.

Joan and Constance are at the second row on the panel board. It's safe say they are confirmed.

todd thomas twitter

25-10-2012
front row

^^Agee Limited brands is currently the market leader in teen lingerie/lifestyle apparel with Pink. They have been the leader since it started and that's because it was an untouched market. But if you go onto Forbes, the reports show that Pink's market share is decreasing while the market itself is increasing. There's a lot of competition. A lot of companies see the power of teenage spending. In the past few years we've seen companies like Aerie, Gilly Hicks and department store brands turn up stiff competition. Not to mention, a lot of teen oriented private retail companies like Free People and Forever 21 carry cute underwear at a similar competitive price. So Pink itself isn't going to be the biggest leader in a few years.

So what I'm saying is that VS needs to step it up another notch. Think outside of the box. Perhaps corner in on another market like the extended sizes (smaller and bigger bands, more cup size options) market which is untouched by mainstream brands. Women would go wild. Then they would have the rainbow of demographics cornered.
What VS has to offer in their mainline isn't unique to the market anymore. They used to be unique but now every mainstream brand carries the same push up, double push up, demi, full coverage etc at a similar price. Look at CK stepping it up with their ads with Lara Stone and their "push positive" campaign etc.

25-10-2012
V.I.P.

Happy for joan n constace they both a favorie of mine

I just wish constance gets more then one outfit this time

25-10-2012
backstage pass

Doutzen is second girl on the board
The first girl on that board is the one to open the show right?

*I dont care much about VS anymore but it's about time Doutzen getting a main role (open the show/fantasy bra)

Every main angel (adriana- candice-alessandra-miranda) has had a important spot except Doutzen and she's with VS since 2004.
Let this girl open the show please!

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#5, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria