How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

25-10-2012
V.I.P.

That's not the board of people who "made it". It's of the Angels, other girls that might have worked for them, and the girls they have in their mind that they want to see, but in no particular order. I mean, look at the past years. There have been a couple of girls on that board that you never saw in the show.

Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by vivaglam; 25-10-2012 at 07:43 PM.

25-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonsoJonathan View Post
Happy for joan n constace they both a favorie of mine

I just wish constance gets more then one outfit this time
I hope the other Jablonski makes it again. I like Jacquelyn, even though she has hard features, there's something about her look.

25-10-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleathquakes View Post
For reals? How many Bregjes are there who's semi known enough to walk VS, besides Heinen??

The Bregje (@bregje) referred to in Todd's tweet is a Dutch fashion journalist, so I'm thinking it's really Bregje Heinen he is referring to.

25-10-2012
fashion elite

I can see Miranda opening, she seems like a logical choice, I would prefer Doutzen but Miranda would be fine, lets see how she does.

I do hope they give all the Angels big wings this year. Doutzen only had decent sized wings in 2006. She missed 2007 and 2010, she got no wings in 2008 and in 2009 while her movie film wings were interesting, they were too small and the ones from last year looked so basic. She's well built for them, give her a bit of a challenge.

Candice and Lily too, while they both are a bit smaller but they can handle something a bit bigger (obviously not the harp wings but something more reasonable, they should have given those wings to someone else like Izabel or Magdalena in that segment). Lily needs 3 outfits as well.

Lindsey and Erin did a good job with both of their pairs last year and obviously Alessandra and Adriana can carry them well.

25-10-2012
trendsetter

Miranda does not have the intensity to open the show. If they let her, its obviously for the level of recognition she has, not for her runway skills. It was a weak opening with Candice last year, with Miranda it will be at the same level.

25-10-2012
backstage pass

Miranda is pretty but she is a slow walker, I would even prefer Adriana again...
because all the other, even including Doutzen, don't have a very powerful and energetic walk
and last year with Candice really made me realize the first lady must have super energy otherwise it sets a bad tempo for the rest

25-10-2012
V.I.P.

Agree, Candice and Miranda are slow walkers. You need the taller long legged girls with the bigger strides to set that tempo. It has to be either Adriana, Doutzen or Erin.

25-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaky View Post
New girls I'd like to see walking:
Jac
Josephine
Barbara - clearly a future star for them
Given up on hoping for Cintia. It's never going to happen now.

I assume Magda will be back. She's shooting VS with Karlie in LA today.
i thought Magda was a revelation at the 2010 show. but judging from recent pics of her, she'd get more criticism than Karlie did last year.

(*i actually adore Karlie and think she's fantastic! can't wait to see her again at this year's show!*)

Cintia would have been a dream a few years ago. and she still would be, but i feel like maybe her opportunity has come and gone. it is utter madness to me that she hasn't been in the show as of yet, especially considering she went to the castings every year. i mean, the girl would be PERFECT. but we aren't the ones making the calls.

as far as opening -- i wouldn't at all be surprised to find out that Miranda was the opener. she's certainly one of the Angels with the biggest celebrity status. and she's cute and can point to the audience and smile and all of that. her walk is very slow, though. and i agree with all of you; the first girl needs to set the tempo for everyone else. look at past shows, the actual opener or even the segment openers. the ones that everyone loves are the tall, fast stompers (Gisele, Adriana, KK, Tyra, etc) because they *BOOM. BOOM. BOOM. BOOM.* down the runway and get the audience hyped up. then that energy feeds the other models coming after and it sets the tone for the whole thing.

Last edited by happycanadian; 25-10-2012 at 09:52 PM.

26-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riseup View Post
I know right? V.S Retweeded it and Doutzen tweeted this 2 hours ago
C_Doutzen is not Doutzen though. Just in case

I don't want Miranda to open. Nothing against her as such but she hasnt been doing a good job in promoting vs these years (okay she has her husband but still).

Agreed. Someone a la Gisele or Adriana would be better. May be even Maryna. She is so hot on the runway and full of power !

Last edited by Juliax; 26-10-2012 at 07:10 AM.

26-10-2012
front row

As vivaglam has already said: The casting board has NOTHING to do with who opens the show. The angels are always on the top row in no particular order. So arguing about Miranda opening is pointless.

The board that shows the actual polaroids from the fittings will tell who is opening the show/closing segments/etc.

26-10-2012
V.I.P.

yeah, Maryna is definitely great on the runway! but I really don't see them giving a non-Angel the opening. unless it's Karlie, perhaps? or Joan Smalls!

26-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseDillon View Post
As vivaglam has already said: The casting board has NOTHING to do with who opens the show. The angels are always on the top row in no particular order. So arguing about Miranda opening is pointless.

The board that shows the actual polaroids from the fittings will tell who is opening the show/closing segments/etc.
last years, always the first girl on the casting board was the opener girl. those are facts.

coincidence?!

26-10-2012
backstage pass

I think you are right

But I want Doutzen to have a main spot in this years show...Adriana(fantasy bra 2x + opened the show4x), Allessandra(opened show 1x + this years fantasy bra), candice (opened the show 1x), & miranda (fantasy bra 1x)

Doutzen is with VS for many years ..she's a hard worker but she's not getting important role in the vs shows. It's ridiclious!

Last edited by DutchHomme; 26-10-2012 at 10:41 AM.

26-10-2012
V.I.P.

Who is the first girl in the board? Cuz i cant ID her.

26-10-2012
V.I.P.

^Miranda.
Posted via Mobile Device

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#5, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria