How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

30-10-2012
fashion icon

I'm just LOVING all this Joan talk, & I'm not even the one who started it . Joan isn't gonna open the show, so I hope it goes to Doutzen. She's been an angel for quite some time now, & a solid one at that. In all honesty though, I wouldn't be surprised if the opener is Erin.

Fingers crossed that Joan gets 3 looks this year & a speaking part!! If that happens, then I won't complain about anything else.

30-10-2012
backstage pass

I'd love Erin to open, and I could see it happening, since she's got all the Leo DiCaprio buzz right now.

30-10-2012
front row

or all the angels opening the same time, a la Dolce & Gabbana finale.

31-10-2012
fashion icon

I feel like there is absolutely no hype this year whatsoever. Last couple of years VSFS had its own thread, and it was moving so fast. Why exactly isn't the VSFS allowed to have its own thread anymore, we have enough news.

31-10-2012
backstage pass

What were the taping and air dates last year?
I feel like they're further apart this year, so VS might be trying to keep things more secret until closer to the air date, so they can stir up hype then.

31-10-2012
fashion elite

^I made a thread but the mods deleted it, I'm not sure why this year there's a big scandal about having a pre-show thread. HeatherAnne made a post that she thought the mod team agreed about not having a thread before the show but wasn't sure and was going to check but never got back.

31-10-2012
front row

The reason why there's no hype this year about the castings it's because VS asked the models to stay quiet about everything related to the show. Isabeli has known for a while that she was going to be walking but VS asked everyone to stay shut because every year absolutely everything about the show leaks and there's no 'surprise', I'm actually surprised that her brazilian agency confirmed that she'll be walking, just this morning i was told that VS told them to not open their mouths lol, I'm assuming that if they told Isa's people that, probably they told that to all the models. Like Barbara Palvin allegedly confirmed on Instagram that she would be walking (this was said on BZ i think, i never saw the comment myself), then she said on twitter that she was crossing her fingers to walk the show but we all know she didn't even go to the castings, yet her card was one of the first ones after the Angels, so obviously a lot of girls know they'll be walking won't say it.

Also Lais will be filming a VS commercial next week, allegedly she'll be filming with Adriana. Link in portuguese: http://colunistas.ig.com.br/houseofm...torias-secret/

31-10-2012
backstage pass

Since Isabeli is walking, I hope she opens the show!

31-10-2012
V.I.P.

Do not want ^^

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivalakenna View Post
What were the taping and air dates last year?
I feel like they're further apart this year, so VS might be trying to keep things more secret until closer to the air date, so they can stir up hype then.
November 9, 2011 (taped);November 29, 2011 aired on tv

31-10-2012
front row

Have the models been slapped with confidentiality agreements, like maybe there's some strict policy (especially related to social media) being enforced this year? It would be embarrassing to share on twitter about walking VSFS only to lose the spot for blabbing.

31-10-2012
rising star

There was just a huge hurricane in NYC and most of the agencies are closed, not to mention a lot of businesses - if anything that seems the most logical reason why information might be postponed...

31-10-2012
V.I.P.

I think that we did know more information by this time last year and suspect that the hurricane is a key reason that we are not hearing as much. I dunno maybe VS is playing things closer to the vest - I think that we were getting pictures from casting sessions and people were blowing up the pictures and id-ing models. IIRC the people who spilled the most info were friends of models and bloggers and maybe they all fled the city. I also think that the lack of supply is due to the lack of demand for information, perhaps the thread on tFS was part of that machine, I definitely think that it fueled the bloggers trying to get the scoop.

By the way, where is The Armory located?

31-10-2012
tfs star

Yeah, millions are still without electricity right now, a lot of stuff is still flooded, airports aren't back to full capacity. Whether that's the only cause for the lack of info, I suspect it's a huge reason.

I also believe models were given instructions not to discuss anything. No one's mentioning castings/the show, except the Angels, and the girls who work heavily with VS.

31-10-2012
V.I.P.

Lily D is confirmed

from todd thomas twitter:
Quote:
okay.... we're back up in production mode #VSFashionShow forging ahead. Fittings @LilyMDonaldson

31-10-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by agee View Post
By the way, where is The Armory located?
Its on Lexington between 25th and 26th streets. According to news reports there is still no power below 34th st. This is definitely effecting the show. It might even push back the taping date if serious changes don't happen this weekend.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#5, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria