How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

09-10-2012
backstage pass

I think
2007 Adri
2008 Adri
2009 Ale
2010 Adri
2011 Candice

09-10-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby153 View Post
Well clearly Marissa wasn't that forgettable seeing as she left 2 years ago and you're still talking about her to this day.

Happy for Ale I guess, was hoping Candice would get it to be honest.

Still quite flabbergasted at the fact that they have an all white line up now.

I remember Selita became an angel when Tyra left and Chanel when Selita left.
Would it kill them to have more than one coloured angel on their roster at once?!
Posted via Mobile Device
Oh god that is such a weak argument, in that case Marisa is only mentioned because the Fantasy Bra "time" is being brought up, she left 4 years ago.... in any case if I bring up Selita or even all time prime Gosele, maybe even Daniela for the same argument but their names haven't been brought up like Marisa's in this thread. (and no JuliaX, Marisa's name isn't being brought up in negative ways, just irrelevant ones to this thread which can be applied to any angel which haven't worked for VS for a while and haven't been active in this thread)

Also the time Ale and Marissa began to work for VS is relevant, we know who they gave more promotion and attention to, in that case I could argue the same for Behaiti/Erin and Maryna thought Maryna is a pawn in the grand scheme of things while the former two have risen higher in the "hierarchy" of VS. Hell in that case Izabel would be placed higher and more superior than Miranda, Doutzen and even almighty Candice now a days but we all know otherwise.

Candice is VS's next big thing, she'll get it, but there is NO way ANY other angel deserves it more than Alessandra.

Also why must VS have a "colored"/"ethnic"/"black" ect.... angel? I'm not saying they shouldn't but it is not their responsibility to have so, it's only people here in the forums who get pee pee hurt about it.

09-10-2012
front row

Marisa was the Fantasy Bra wearer for 2009, she stopped doing VS/contract not renewed in 2010, so that would be 2 years ago. Marisa was revelant to VS because she was the first white American Angel in years that had spotlight shined on her in a company that was dominated by the Brazilians and the Europeans. Her success opened the door for VS to allow other white American models such as Lindsay, Erin, and Lily to shine.

VS hasn't had an pecking order who wears the FB, they pick the model according to the hype surrounding them at the time(Selita-second black Angel, Marisa- popularity with the general public) but in recent years they seemed to pick the model who recently had a baby (Adriana, Miranda, and Ale).

I'm glad Ale is the finally getting her chance to be the FB wearer so the debate about her not wearing it is over. Much as been said about Selita, Marisa, and Miranda wearing the bra before her but not much about Adriana wearing it twice before she got to wearing it once.
Posted via Mobile Device

09-10-2012
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderTMugler View Post
Also why must VS have a "colored"/"ethnic"/"black" ect.... angel? I'm not saying they shouldn't but it is not their responsibility to have so, it's only people here in the forums who get pee pee hurt about it.
Because white girls aren't the only customers. This is a US based company and the US is very diverse. Honestly, this is just marketing 101 people. Seriously, its the people questioning the need for diversity who sound angry.

10-10-2012
scenester

I really hope they make Elsa Hosk and official angel <3

10-10-2012
backstage pass

The Angel talk seduction
http://youtu.be/fr48cvlFBP0

10-10-2012
V.I.P.

There's no thread for VS Show? I read that Barbara Palvin will walk the show this year

10-10-2012
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by CommanderTMugler View Post
I don't understand why in 2012 people STILL question the need for diversity. I don't think having one black angel in a lineup of 1745 blonde angels is too much to ask for.

10-10-2012
V.I.P.

haha. totally agree, Valliaddict!

but seriously - how many blondes does VS have on contract right now? Erin, Lindsay, Doutzen, Candice, Elsa, Tori ... am I forgetting someone?

I actually think they've been courting Joan a lot more. She's the "Number 1" model in the world right now and she's done catalogue work for them (though, to be honest, the VS photographers somehow always take the worst pics of her. and Arlenis too, oddly. Maybe Russell James just isn't great with black girls. .. though, I suppose he does great things with the *praying-mantis-esque* Lais).

10-10-2012
backstage pass

To me, there is a need for that "diversity" when it's just replacing a black girl by another one. I wish VS could really have a diversified cast and not just to fill some quotas. An asian angel would be awesome if you ask me.

And also, when they promote bras and panties for "every kind of body" and have girls with similar bodies in the commercial, it makes me want even more diversity in the line-up and I am not only talking about skin colour...

10-10-2012
fashion icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycanadian View Post
haha. totally agree, Valliaddict!

but seriously - how many blondes does VS have on contract right now? Erin, Lindsay, Doutzen, Candice, Elsa, Tori ... am I forgetting someone?

I actually think they've been courting Joan a lot more. She's the "Number 1" model in the world right now and she's done catalogue work for them (though, to be honest, the VS photographers somehow always take the worst pics of her. and Arlenis too, oddly. Maybe Russell James just isn't great with black girls. .. though, I suppose he does great things with the *praying-mantis-esque* Lais).
I agree as well. Lets not forget that they are also getting Jessica Hart to do events now for PINK, so there is another blonde, and she will probably do the show. Plus Elyse Taylor did that thing for some fragrance. Far too many blondes, it is so boring. I would love to see Joan do more stuff for them.

Last edited by Purpledinosaurxo; 10-10-2012 at 09:58 PM.

10-10-2012
fashion icon

Thanks happycanadian & purpledinosaur.

I don't think they're looking at Joan to be an angel, nor do I think she's trying to be one. She makes serious money as a HF model & I don't think she wants to jeopardize her relationships with blue-chip clients. If anyone is in the running to be the "black" angel, it's Lais. I'm surprised they haven't worked with Daniela Braga yet. Have they worked with Rainey Forkner? Those two would also be great options.

Last edited by valliaddict; 10-10-2012 at 10:04 PM.

11-10-2012
V.I.P.

i know Joan doesn't wanna jeopardize her relationships ... but i don't think she has any need to worry about that. i mean, she's got all the potential to be MAJOR. not just MDC Number 1 (cause that's already pretty major, obviously), but i'm talking BIG BIG. she needs a couple more seasons of big ad campaigns and major covers and some sorta famous boyfriend or something that'll make her well known. THEN if she signs a contract with VS, then she's set. then she could have a multi-year contract with Estee Lauder. HUGE. and an Angel contract? HUGE. and do tv hosting gigs? HUGE. and perhaps an SI cover girl? HUGE HUGE.

i understand wanting to maintain some kind of blue-chip prestige ... but she gotta think about her grandbabies - and a multi-million dollar contract from a hugely successful pop cultural machine like VS is awful hard to refuse.

plus - Gisele and KK were also both MDC Number 1 girls. and both on the Icons list now. and both had Angel contracts. and both still working in fashion and are branded supermodels. Joan can easily do it too.

11-10-2012
front row

Quote:
I don't think they're looking at Joan to be an angel, nor do I think she's trying to be one. She makes serious money as a HF model & I don't think she wants to jeopardize her relationships with blue-chip clients. If anyone is in the running to be the "black" angel, it's Lais. I'm surprised they haven't worked with Daniela Braga yet. Have they worked with Rainey Forkner? Those two would also be great options.
VS barely uses Joan. I don't think they would ever consider her to be an angel. Agreed, if any model of color is going to be an angel it will be Lais. Then again I thought VS would have made Emanuella an Angel and that never happened so who knows. Daniela Braga has an oddly shaped face. Its great for HF but people talk about Karlie being an odd beauty for VS, Daniela is even worse. She's sexy but she can look very odd at certain angels. Shaninna Shaik (sp?) should be considered maybe even Kelly Gale when she gets older if they want another angel of color.

11-10-2012
V.I.P.

^Lais it's already an angel, she even was credited in last years's show.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#5, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria