How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

03-11-2012
front row

They usually use 35-37 girls so there are about 10 or 11 spots left

03-11-2012
V.I.P.

^Yeah, I was thinking 30 because someone said it, but I never really pay attention to the little things like that because you guys do it for me.
Posted via Mobile Device

03-11-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaglam View Post
^Yeah, I was thinking 30 because someone said it, but I never really pay attention to the little things like that because you guys do it for me.
Posted via Mobile Device

I really do wanna see Frida G. I hope she walks this time

03-11-2012
V.I.P.

^No need to get all sassy. I'm just saying I don't count all the girls and I don't pay attention to around how many girls there are every single year, so if it weren't for you guys I wouldn't know unless I really cared that much to count.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by vivaglam; 03-11-2012 at 10:55 AM.

03-11-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaglam View Post
^More like 4-9 spots left.
Posted via Mobile Device
Toni. Barbara p. Andreea D. Kendra. Maryna should definitely be there..
Posted via Mobile Device

03-11-2012
V.I.P.

what about Kate Upton - ? - is there a chance ?

03-11-2012
V.I.P.

Trying to do a breakdown based on source for the non-Angels:

Updated Confirmation List:

Angels

Adriana Lima
Alessandra Ambrosio
Behati Prinsloo
Candice Swanepoel
Doutzen Kroes
Erin Heatherton
Lily Aldridge
Lindsay Ellingson
Miranda Kerr

Non-Angels

Twitter.com/toddthomasnyc
Bregje Heinen
Dorothea Barth Jorgensen
Hilary Rhoda
Jacquelyn Jablonski
Karlie Kloss
Lily Donaldson
Maud Welzen
Sharam Diniz (photo from fitting)

Model's Twitter
Joan Smalls

Media
Cara Delevingne
Isabeli Fontana
Jourdan Dunn

??
Dioni Tabbers
Elsa Hosk
Jessica Hart
Lais Ribeiro
Shanina Shaik

Can someone clarify what the sources were for the models on the ?? list. Any corrections? Thanks.

03-11-2012
trendsetter

I really hope Karmen and Anja make it in. Karmen brings this mysterious elegance to her and Anja's walk is much needed.

03-11-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CATO View Post
what about Kate Upton - ? - is there a chance ?
VS may have had a chance had one of their higher ups not bad mouthed Kate Upton earlier this year. IIRC Kate actually said that she was invited to the VSFS casting and turned it down because she was shooting SI. I don't necessarily think that VS is chomping at the bit to have Kate Upton walk the VSFS, but that bridge was needlessly burned IMO and the brand looked mean and narrow-minded in doing so. I can see Kate doing print work for them down the road if only because VS pays well.

ETA:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam12 View Post
I really hope Karmen and Anja make it in. Karmen brings this mysterious elegance to her and Anja's walk is much needed.
Karmen looked great last year, Anja not so much IMO. I was actually a fan of Anja's presence at the VSFS the first two years she walked the show, especially in 2009, when very few people were but last year she looked kinda worn out in two of her three walks - kinda like lots of models look on the Paris leg of the RTW shows. As I said before I am not all that excited about Hilary walking the show, but if Anja does not walk the show, I will appreciate Hilary for bringing the kind of maturity and gravitas to show that Anja did.

Last edited by agee; 03-11-2012 at 12:51 PM.

03-11-2012
backstage pass

I asked about Liu Wen's whereabouts in her thread and was informed that she is currently in NYC. Probably means she's in the show. I'd hope so, considering the lack of Asian faces we have so far.

Also: on the ?? list, in an interview in a magazine earlier with the casting director (I'll try to find the link) it was confirmed that all models on a contract were confirmed for the show. Lais is considered to be an "angel" to VS (from the show last year), so I'm assuming that's how we know she's confirmed.

03-11-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
agee;11200357]VS may have had a chance had one of their higher ups not bad mouthed Kate Upton earlier this year. IIRC Kate actually said that she was invited to the VSFS casting and turned it down because she was shooting SI. I don't necessarily think that VS is chomping at the bit to have Kate Upton walk the VSFS, but that bridge was needlessly burned IMO and the brand looked mean and narrow-minded in doing so. I can see Kate doing print work for them down the road if only because VS pays well.
whats Kate reputation/standing in the States? - hard to judge for me as a foreigner sit on the sidelines - in germany she is unbeknownly

Last edited by CATO; 03-11-2012 at 01:06 PM.

03-11-2012
tfs star

I think there are other places where Lais is confirmed, but she confirmed herself a while ago on twitter. And she tweeted yesterday about being finished with her fittings, and loving her outfits for the show.

03-11-2012
tfs star

Also, not that it confirms anything, but the official VS twitter account wished Arlenis Sosa good luck, and said how great it was seeing her at casting.

03-11-2012
V.I.P.

^^ Thanks I will move Lais to the model's twitter list. Crossing my fingers for Arlenis!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CATO View Post
whats Kate reputation/standing in the States? - hard to judge for me as a foreigner sit on the sidelines - in germany she is unbeknownly
I would say that she is somewhat famous but not yet a household name. She was on the cover of the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue, a recent issue of Cosmopolitan and did a couple of viral videos.

Last edited by agee; 03-11-2012 at 01:24 PM.

03-11-2012
front row

Everyone says that VS pays a lot for print work. How much do they actually pay?
I mean for girls like Jessica Hart and Elsa Hosk who are constantly shooting for PINK and then girls like Josephine Skriver who was a one time girl I think?

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#5, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria