How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

04-11-2012
front row

Just read that on Jas Tookes' twitter and had to come here to reassure myself I'm not wildly jumping to conclusions... yay, very excited about that news.

04-11-2012
V.I.P.

jasmine tookes . seriously this news made my day and frida!

Maryna, Magdalena, Sui and Jac better be there!^^

04-11-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katnani View Post
Frida is a nice addiction! She's classical beauty and can deliver sexiness!

Magdalena would be an awesome addiction, she killed it last time

even though I like many of the girls, I feel the same way as last year...too many young, too many first time walkers...I don't mind seeing diversity, but I wish they would focus more on truly lingerie models, rather than just HF girls. Looking at the cast, most of them are young, not that curvy and baby-doll faced. I know that's the aesthetic VS is looking for right now, but I wish they toned that down with more mature models. Just a thought

Either way, I'm anxious for soooomething new, c'mon VS show us anything! A pair of wings, a bra?
I would looooooove to see Jac there. She is perfection just like Gisele.

I agree somewhat with your last point. I think the VSFS has been rather lackluster in the "buxom babe" factor. They really need to get girls who can be true lingerie models with a little bit of that fashion edge.

VS girls have always been somewhat "baby-doll" faced as the whole idea is that they're "Angels" and VS has always leaned towards a very feminine-romantic aesthetic as opposed to say Frederick's of Hollywood. Candice, Adriana, Claudia Schiffer, Tyra, Karen Mulder etc all have a little bit of that "doll" looking thing going on with an exotic twist. The difference between those girls and the majority of girls in the recent VS shows is that the former have killer curves!

That's why I'm still sad about Dioni Tabbers and Sarah Stephens not showing! They're not very popular models at the moment but Sarah did the show before and Dioni has that angelic but buxom lingerie model thing.

04-11-2012
front row

I'm so excited for Jasmine Tookes! She's gorgeous and has a great body!!!

I loved her catalog work for VS. On top of that, she started as an SI girl and has since made her way into HF!

04-11-2012
V.I.P.

I'm not a Sui He fan but she was pristine at last year's VSFS. Her and Anais should really be cast again. I imagine we'll see Jac next year; her time will come but I was hoping to see her this year because her body is flawless.

Will be disappointed if Chanel doesn't show although we've already had more than enough gloating about her probable absence . Not casting Maryna would be an even bigger mistake.

04-11-2012
front row

Just read this on Cara's twitter :

Quote:
@VictoriasSecret So excited for the #VSFashionShow ! Had my fitting yesterday and am so happy about my outfit. Be prepared, be very prepared
Relieved it's just one outfit (assume it's for Pink), but slightly scared...

04-11-2012
front row

Niiiice news about Frida being there! Not my favorite, but I like her. And I also like Cara, happy to know that she'll be there.

The casting this year is pretty impressive, I'm absolutely loving it so far! Just sad we don't have more news and the show is around the corner already.

04-11-2012
V.I.P.

Cara Delevigne, Maud Welzen & Sharam Diniz seem soooo random to me..

I was really hoping to see either Emanuela de Paula, or Arlenis Sosa, or Anais Mali or Melodie Monrose instead but i'm really beyond excited to see Jourlie... I'm hoping they have a cute little moment & I want Jourdan to get multiple outfits & walks more than Pink but I somehow doubt it.

On another note, mostly, I'm hoping that unlike last year they don't focus exclusively on one new girl like they did with Karlie while kinda neglecting the other newbies (ex- Joan, Anais, Shanina, Karmen). Plus, I'm kinda getting sick of them talking about what kinda girl the angels are. I'm sorry but they've been saying the same thing for yrs & at this point, does anybody really care if so & so are sporty girls & who's the rocker chick?

Last edited by modelista; 04-11-2012 at 07:02 PM.

04-11-2012
backstage pass

casting is pretty solid this year, there are many girls we want to be cast but if we put them all together we would end up with what? 50-70 models? haha

I am happy with the names so far but where are the artworks? the segment names? the bras and panties? wings?.... nothing really?

Modelista: what? not interesting to know that Lily likes music and Candice likes air gliding? I though it was fantastic haha

Last edited by Larek; 04-11-2012 at 07:39 PM.

04-11-2012
V.I.P.

Izabel will be there.
Quote:
Izabel Goulart ‏@iza_goulart
Hey guys!!! I have just finished my fitting for #VSfashionshow !! The show will be incredible!!Get ready!!

04-11-2012
front row

Wowww victorias secret sure casted some great black girls this year, which makes me happy because i am as well. But no asian girls really would upset me. I mean they casted lais, joan, jourdan, sharam and arlenis so they should cast more than 2 asian girls!! no asian models would just be flat out confusing

04-11-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larek View Post
Modelista: what? not interesting to know that Lily likes music and Candice likes air gliding? I though it was fantastic haha
Don't get me wrong, I thought it was VERY interesting... 3 yrs ago when they first mentioned it. But they talk about it a LOT throughout the show & they've been reiterating it over & over again at every show since then..

Personally, instead of wasting more than 5-10mins on all that, I'd loooove to see more of the casting process to see who showed up & how they picked the girls, the inspiration behind & making of the outfits & behind the scenes making of the show with rehearsal...

Just saying
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by modelista; 04-11-2012 at 08:16 PM.

04-11-2012
fashion elite

Sui He should definitely be there, at this point Im hoping at least either Maryna or Magdalena show up, it seems pretty far fetched that both will show up. BTW, any word on Constance Jablonski?
Posted via Mobile Device

04-11-2012
backstage pass

Maryna's twitter:

maryna linchuk ‏@marynalinchuk1
Bonjour http://instagr.am/p/RnqVV8iLAT/

Could it be?

edit: adding the other picture of her exercising "hard on our behind" I hope it means she is there

Last edited by Larek; 04-11-2012 at 08:27 PM.

04-11-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by intern22 View Post
Wowww victorias secret sure casted some great black girls this year, which makes me happy because i am as well. But no asian girls really would upset me. I mean they casted lais, joan, jourdan, sharam and arlenis so they should cast more than 2 asian girls!! no asian models would just be flat out confusing
It's extremely confusing to me that a company would alienate the major race in the world right now that has big money to spend.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#5, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria