How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

12-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycanadian View Post
Lais ... i just don't get it. she's beautiful, to be sure. but i've never seen ANY evidence that she's an even marginally acceptable spokesperson. i think Russell James just really likes shooting her and that clearly the items she wears sell or VS wouldn't be using her so frequently. but she won't be an "Angel" until she can do english interviews with the other girls.

Arlenis sorta had a dip in her popularity in general after 2008. it's only in the past year that she's made a comeback and now she's really quite successful and VS is on board. she's great! i think she has a gorgeous personality and smile and is a beautiful woman. she'd be a great choice ... but i wish VS would just go for BIG. i want another supermodel like Tyra, Heidi, Gisele, Adriana, KK or Ale.
Well said, happycanadian.

I don't get why they still use her. Of course she is a pretty girl - no doubt about that even though not my fave body-wise- but she is SO lost and in background all the time, forgettable and plain boring. No sparkle there at all. Just not the same level as Candice, Adriana...

Pity.

I'd love them go for big too but they probs won't. More money you know too.

Elsa would be amazing as vs angel. Although again one more blonde but at least she's got smth different about her.

Fantasy bra is okay. I like the colors and flowers but it looks like Easter Bunny bra or smth, too "normal" for THE FB. Like usual holiday bra vs makes, nothing wow.

12-10-2012
front row

I also agree that VS needs diversity, as a latin/non-white/darker girl myself i just can't relate to any of the current Angels, i madly love Adriana & everyone who knows me knows that but when it comes to shopping (specially the beauty stuff) i find Lais to be the model i can relate the most. White women are not the only ones who buy VS stuff, remember that.. I like Lais a lot and i think that if VS gives her a chances she'll be great. Saying she's forgettable is ridiculous because that's just a personal opinion, i could say Candice, Erin & Lindsay should get fired because they're all forgettable to me specially when you put them together and they look the same, see? It's all matter of taste. I think Arlenis & Joan would be great options too, if i was VS i would sign at least Lais & Arlenis but we'll see what happens ... I'm sure at least one of them will get credited in the VSFS

As for Elsa, I'm on board with her too. I think she'll be the Pink spokesperson for another year and then move to regular VS like Miranda, Rosie & Behati did.

12-10-2012
trendsetter

I feel like Sara Sampaio is quickly becoming the go to PINK model. They seem to be working with her more than Elsa now.

As for the mainline, they seem to be pushing Barbara Palvin in there somewhere, but they really should get rid of one of the lesser used girls like Lindsay before they add Barbara. They should also get rid of Behati and it wouldn't make a difference. She brings nothing to the mainline.

As much as I want them to get rid of Erin, they won't cause it seems she and Candice are the new Ale and Adriana for them. Doutzen and Miranda are good for the company.

They need diversity for sure, but I'd say look further than Arlenis/Lais, there are better models out there that have more of a spark to them. Joan is certainly one of them.

13-10-2012
V.I.P.

Barbara Palvin is definitely a great choice for VS. she's got such soft, feminine features and that gorgeous dark hair ... and her body is unbelievable. she brings to mind classic VS model Laetitia Casta.

13-10-2012
scenester

When does the show actually happen not when they show it on television but when they shoot it?

13-10-2012
front row

November 7th.

13-10-2012
front row

Wow, I thought it was some weeks later.

That means Adriana has very short time to prepare for the show after she gave birth.

I'm wondering if she will do her usual three walks or if she'll take it a bit slower and will do just one like Heidi did in 2009.

I hope we'll get more information on the show soon.

13-10-2012
fashion elite

Adriana will be just fine, all she needs to do is a couple crunches and that's it, VS is gonna love her mommy boobs, I expect her cleavage will be similar to 2003's or better.

VS/Limited Brands is sending out copyright violation notices and warnings throughout the internet concerning the screencaps of Alessandra and the Fantasy Bra just a few days before it's "officially" released, why bother...

13-10-2012
V.I.P.

^Because Alessandra's people and herself, I'm guessing from what has been said, wanted the "big" release which never happens because we always find out before then anyway thanks to VS peeps themselves slipping up. Get over it. We'll pretend to be surprised.

And because it got deleted due to improper credit:

twitter.com/AdrianaLima

Last edited by Psylocke; 13-10-2012 at 03:31 PM. Reason: Please don't post the source as clickable link.

13-10-2012
tfs star

It amazes me really...
We knew about Adriana having it way before hand (both times), same goes for Marisa. We always find out. I think it's laughable that they're doing this when it was THIER mistake, that THEY didn't edit out. Plus, isn't it kind of confirming it in anyway by them throwing such a fit? If they just let it go some people would still be doubting it.

13-10-2012
front row

I honestly start thinking they are leaking those pictures/videos on purpose to get attention and then get even more attention by getting people to remove them.

People feel really smart and clever they know the "secret" and talk about it on youtube, twitter etc. I think half the people didn't realize the fantasy bra was in the first video. I didn't before someone posted it in this forum.

Make a mistake like that one time is one thing, but posting something they are not supposed to every year?

Last edited by MsMornings; 13-10-2012 at 06:45 PM.

13-10-2012
tfs star

I tend to agree MsMornings.

Every year it's the same old same old.

13-10-2012
V.I.P.

we know the date of the VSFS, the performers, and have even had some sketches posted.
its after fashion week, I want the madness of the VSFS thread to begin!!

as for the Lais vs Arlenis debate; I say Lais. I love Arlenis, but she just doesn't photograph well for VS. no idea what it is - maybe the photographer.
and I'm quite sick of VS replacing the black/ethnic models like they go out of style yet keep using the same blonde girls for yearssss.

after tyra>oluchi>selita>emanuela>gracie>chanel>lais>arl enis
they only really give them a year TOPS and they're on to the next one.

the only one who kind of defies this is Lais - who in my opinion is more like Adriana Lima. I see her as hispanic (which is still awesome btw) moreso than black because of her ethnicity but I could see how the general public would classify her as black solely on her brown skin color

Last edited by fantastical; 13-10-2012 at 09:10 PM.

14-10-2012
backstage pass

Please, no Arlenis as an angel. I find her so mediocre and am still baffled that she has a beauty contract. Yes, she has a great personality, but I think Lais is much more beautiful and has a better body. Arlenis as an angel would be like an ethnic version of Behati - mediocre face, mediocre body, great spokesperson.

14-10-2012
V.I.P.

Ale is doing a signing at the Soho store on Thursday from 6-8pm. Still no mention of the FB on the invite. I don't remember how they did the FB events in the past. If they were open to the public or if there was a separate event.

Last edited by vivaglam; 14-10-2012 at 07:48 AM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#5, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria