How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

14-10-2012
front row

^ I remember a year, I think the last time Adriana wore the Fantasy Bra, VS did it VERY publicly - with her stepping out of a car in the middle of New York and stuff. I think they always do a press event at least.

14-10-2012
tfs star

They use to do press events with the fantasy bra and the model that wore it back when it first began. Then in 2001, they stopped doing it and really didn't celebrate it at all. Fast forward to 2010 they did a MAJOR press event, with Adriana (like livcsc mentioned) and then in 2011 Miranda did a press event with it as well. This will be the first time there will be an auotgraph signing to accompany it though.

16-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by USAToday.com
...The $2.5 million Floral Fantasy Bra Gift Set was designed exclusively by London Jewelers and features nearly 5,200 precious gems, including amethysts, sapphires, tsavorite, rubies and white, pink and yellow diamonds, all set in 18-karat rose and yellow gold. The sparkly, pricey set includes the bra and a matching belt with two removable diamond flower pins and a centerpiece that includes a 12.5-carat diamond and a 20-carat white diamond...And, if a multi-million dollar bra isn't enough, you can always splurge on a $500,000 bottle of perfume. Victoria's Secret is also offering the Bombshell Fantasy Fragrance, which is spangled with white, pink and yellow diamonds, sapphires, tsavorite, rubies, a 10-carat white diamond and a hand-carved tourmaline butterfly.
Here it is!!! (Alessandra's Facebook Page)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 53479_10151197026044826_1151820987_o.jpg (191.8 KB, 62 views)

Last edited by @~PinkCouture~@; 16-10-2012 at 10:14 AM.

16-10-2012
V.I.P.

Spring has sprung. Hello easter. ^^ lol

It's a lovely bra but not Christmas VSFS holiday like one. To little "dazzle and sparkles" for me.

16-10-2012
backstage pass

I love the bra, definitely my favourite one of recent years, suits her skin tone so well. Im excited to see more pictures and all the press stuff, not really that enthused about the runway, not to sound (too) rude but I find Ale really dull on the runway, especially these last few years. Almost like shes lost a little of the sparkle that made her so special once. Not to mention that if she really is walking out during the Rihanna performance (which would make sense, seeing as her song is called Diamonds) everyone will probably be paying more attention to her then they will any of the models during that segment.

...also, I know this is a really random thing to say but what do you think the odds are that everyone involved may let bygones be bygones and we may see Kate Upton on the runway?! I mean shes everywhere these days, she even has a spread in American Vogue this month, besides its not like she hasn't worked for them in the past.

16-10-2012
tfs star

VS is quite unpredictable in some percent of the models who they choose to walk in the show (besides the angels). Sometimes they don`t take the obvious ones who even do castings, and then they make some odd choices. But in this case I can`t decide if Kate is the obvious one or the odd choice I guess that makes her appearance even more likely...

16-10-2012
V.I.P.

I actually don't like it. Yes, the colors work with her skin tone, but it just looks blah to me. And I don't really like the flowers except for the gold one and it should've stopped at the diamond underneath it. But if it's in that Rihanna/opulent/Swarovski anniversary segment then just forget it because all the outfits will probably be blinged out. And I couldn't see her opening with it if Rihanna is singing that song. She should come out towards the end when the song hits its peak. Right?

Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by vivaglam; 16-10-2012 at 12:08 PM.

16-10-2012
V.I.P.

after what the casting director said about Kate Upton, i'd seriously doubt that they'd hire her for the show or that she'd be interested in doing it. And - to be honest - I think it's 100% VS's loss. Kate Upton is the most famous American model at the moment. She would be a HUGE draw at the VSFS! and she'd get a ton of exposure for it, so it would definitely be a win-win situation. but i think that a bridge has been burned...

16-10-2012
tfs star

^Oh I have totally missed (or forgot) something. So there has been some bad mouthing? I also thought the publicity and all would be good deal for both parts.

16-10-2012
V.I.P.

oh yeah, it was everywhere earlier this year.

"But that's not all. The Times reports that while Victoria's Secret enjoys contracting Upton's services as a catalog model, she will "never" walk in the brand's annual fashion show. Says the casting director, Sophia Neophitou-Apostolou:

"We would never use" Ms. Upton for a Victoria's Secret show, Ms. Neophitou said by telephone last week from London. And, while Ms. Upton has, in fact, modeled on occasion for the company's catalog, her look, said Ms. Neophitou, is "too obvious" to be featured in what has become the most widely viewed runway show in the world.

"She's like a Page 3 girl," Ms. Neophitou said, referring to the scantily clad voluptuous women featured in The Sun, a London tabloid. "She's like a footballer's wife, with the too-blond hair and that kind of face that anyone with enough money can go out and buy."

**nytimes

and Kate Upton even commented on it herself:

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-...t-slam-2012232

SOOO

i'd say that it's HIGHLY unlikely that she'll be in the VSFS. the only way possible would be for VS to fire this Neophitou woman (which they really should anyway. she should never speak her opinion as if it's the one shared by her massive international corporate employers. silly woman...) and privately invite Ms Upton to participate in the show. then, if she says yes, they publicly apologize to her. that could even stir up some more press and attention.

16-10-2012
front row

I agree with everything Sophia said. I do not care about publicity, win win, most popular american model and what not! Kate is horrible on the runway (yes I know shes not the only one) and I hope she never shows up. They have enough attention with their current angels and the music acts, they no need no Kate Upton!

Last edited by ibizahippie; 16-10-2012 at 01:11 PM.

16-10-2012
V.I.P.

i think she would be great! and VS especially doesn't take itself too seriously. i mean, look at the tacky horrificness of the costumes!! year after year, getting more and more hilarious! and whole PINK section! and ... what? they're too good for Kate Upton? i hardly think so.

i'd love to see it!

16-10-2012
scenester

I may be the only one here but I'd love see Kate replace Chanel as the newest angel :x but that's just me dreaming :/

16-10-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibizahippie View Post
I agree with everything Sophia said. I do not care about publicity, win win, most popular american model and what not! Kate is horrible on the runway (yes I know shes not the only one) and I hope she never shows up. They have enough attention with their current angels and the music acts, they no need no Kate Upton!
I don't think Kate looks so great on the runway and she doesn't have a strong walk. Even though she is conventionally famous, she has weak show skills.
So even though I agree to some extent that Sophia wouldn't use Kate Upton, I disagree with many of Sophia's choices and involvement with VS. Sophia is partially why there have been so many "far out high fashion" types on the runway that many middle Americans just don't understand and end up complaining about the brand. It contributes to negative feelings with both average women and generalizations of models (body snark etc). There are models who can make everyone happy and prove stereotypes wrong if you know what I mean.

I think there are a lot of other fashion models who are more suitable for VS/lingerie/mass market catwalk. There are fashion models who have the balance between Kate-Candice and Gisele but Sophia really likes the edgier girls...and it seems like nobody is willing to think outside the box anymore. Just book the top 20 runway girls and top 10 newcomers...

16-10-2012
fashion elite

Beautiful bra! Better than the last few recent ones, they really spent time on it with the delicate gold details as opposed to just gluing the stones on.

It does irk me that they photoshopped it green at places, hopefully at the show and other promo pics they leave it gold as it is even though it's not bad, it makes the red pop out a bit more. They also seemed to move the big ruby from the center of the gold lining to the bottom. I prefer it at the top center.

Love the little chain, it's a nice detail, I wonder how they'll put it on for the show.

PS, Kate should stay far away from VS, she can easily be too vulgar and tacky, sure she has boobs but that's about it, there won't be a shortage of that this year. Plus I'm sure she wouldn't be treated too kindly by some of VS's team, specially Izabel and Sophia.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#5, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria