How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

17-10-2012
V.I.P.

The bra is pretty, but that's all I can say about it. It certainly doesn't scream fantasy bra to me. A fantasy bra should look like a fantasy bra.

17-10-2012
scenester

I know this would probably never happen but I'd love it if they made a plus sized girl an angel *cough cough* Crystal Renn *cough*

17-10-2012
tfs star

I don't like the 'green' in the bra, I think it clashes with the other colors. But regardless, I am so damn happy Ale got the bra. It was loooooooooooonnggg overdue.

18-10-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelabella View Post
i dont mind kate but she would be better suited for their catalogs. her walk is atrocious. i think there is a reason most sports illustrated models do not get cast for the show no matter their popularity or sex appeal...
Posted via Mobile Device
I don't think there is any sort of direct correlation between VS and SI, just because a model has done one it's not to say she can't do the other. Heidi, Marissa, Izabel and Anne V are/were all very popular at both VS and SI. I just think it has more to do with the casting people over at the VS show, they seem to somewhat elitist when it comes to picking the girls for the show, for instance I was always surprised Brooklyn Decker never made an appearance.
Posted via Mobile Device

18-10-2012
tfs star

I think Kate U. is cute as a kitten, but her walk is quite awful to be honest. Alltough she wouldn`t need three pairs of chicken cutlets

But I agree with Bobby153, VS casting team seem to be elitist what comes to models. And I think it has gone to this direction more and more on last few years. They seem to want everyone who is hot in high fashion, but nowadays never cast gorgeous SI girls like Cintia who is like born to do Victoria`s Secret runway. Instead they are drooling over Karlie and Anja Rubik for example.

Edit: ...and I have nothing against either of the HF queens I mentioned above, they do great work constantly.

Last edited by TommyGirl; 18-10-2012 at 10:19 AM.

18-10-2012
V.I.P.

did they do the casting for the show already??
Posted via Mobile Device

18-10-2012
trendsetter

^I think someone said they're starting soon... or they already started.

18-10-2012
V.I.P.

18-10-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by TommyGirl View Post
I think Kate U. is cute as a kitten, but her walk is quite awful to be honest. Alltough she wouldn`t need three pairs of chicken cutlets

But I agree with Bobby153, VS casting team seem to be elitist what comes to models. And I think it has gone to this direction more and more on last few years. They seem to want everyone who is hot in high fashion, but nowadays never cast gorgeous SI girls like Cintia who is like born to do Victoria`s Secret runway. Instead they are drooling over Karlie and Anja Rubik for example.

Edit: ...and I have nothing against either of the HF queens I mentioned above, they do great work constantly.
I agree with Bobby153 too about the elitist casting. They are casting like it's the Dior show.

Don't forget to mention that some of the biggest and most successful VS girls in the company's history were also big time SI girls--Heidi, Tyra, Daniela Pestova, Stephanie Seymour.

I don't understand the direction they're taking with all the top high fashion/catwalker girls. I am pretty sure it's doing the company more harm than good. Sometimes I look at other forums for "non-fashion" people and a lot of women don't like it...and a lot of men aren't into it. It's very different when they had girls like Gisele, Heidi, Tyra etc--men like it and women get it. So in a way, I think they are alienating a very important demographic.

18-10-2012
V.I.P.

In most cases HF girls do have that awesome strong runway walk - which looks great at VSFS too and I am all for it. They just should pick HF models who have commercial appeal as well, not just strictly alienesque HF and voila.

To name a few : Maryna Linchuk, Trentini, Edita V, Magdalena... and so on.

Although I am pro Karlie in VS too, still think she needs more time but will be superb for the brand.

18-10-2012
V.I.P.

it's not about a casting elitist...this just simply that kate upton screams tackiness in every single way and VS casting crew know it.

VS already has enough tacky outfits, but hey, at least we get a worthy and successful casting for the show. and Kate is far away from make it!. Thanks VS, thanks Sophie Neophitou!

18-10-2012
V.I.P.

i agree, i said NO to kate for VSFS.she is too much.
i wanna know about castings! no info yet :-!
Posted via Mobile Device

18-10-2012
hors concours♛

juliax exactly what i meant. i mean girls like bar and irina were always obvious choices to me in a lingerie show but i think their lack of runway experience plays a role.
Posted via Mobile Device

18-10-2012
trendsetter

I think also the fact that VS wanted to prove itself in the fashion industry has a lot to do with it. Remember a couple of years ago when VS was shunned by the fashion industry and it always had this stigma associated with it that if u do VS then your career would be doomed, well things have certainly changed, and I think a lot of it is VS pushing itself into the high fashion territory. Whether it be by hiring high fashion girls or letting their angels walk fashion week/do designer campaigns, it certainly has worked.

Last edited by Sam12; 18-10-2012 at 06:52 PM.

18-10-2012
V.I.P.

it still is
I'm for the HF girls crossing over. Kate U's walk is sooo bad

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#5, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria