How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

18-10-2012
trendsetter

I don't think it is, at least not on the level it used to be.

18-10-2012
backstage pass

I remember last year when casting lady said they found the a girl that is "perfection" an it was Karlie Kloss... and I was thinking "really?"

It's great HF models are here because we love them but Karlie, perfect for VS? please... give me a Cintia Dicker and look at the men and women drooling over her

I think they should have a mix of girls, some HF serious ones, some cute funny ones, some voluptuous ones and bring back some with sex appeal. Even Isabel, who for me had "sex" written all over her before, is now toning it down...shame

On another topic, the video with Ale and the bra is so cute, like "finally after 11 years I got that damn bra", I love her it is more than well-deserved.

I am super excited for the show and the casting ^^

18-10-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam12 View Post
I think also the fact that VS wanted to prove itself in the fashion industry has a lot to do with it. Remember a couple of years ago when VS was shunned by the fashion industry and it always had this stigma associated with it that if u do VS then your career would be doomed, well things have certainly changed, and I think a lot of it is VS pushing itself into the high fashion territory. Whether it be by hiring high fashion girls or letting their angels walk fashion week/do designer campaigns, it certainly has worked.
After the era of the sexy brazilians, the models who agencies were pushing for the important fashion clients were so polar from the VS aesthetic and we still kind of see that today. But now some of those girls are doing VS. So I believe it's a big picture issue and what the agencies have to offer in terms of their roster.

I understand your idea that by casting current high fashion girls then VS can try to push itself into high fashion territory. But the brand itself is no longer luxury lingerie and they are losing a lot of consumers with the rise of the lingerie industry as opposed to their "golden years" when they didn't have so much competition as a company (not to mention that the e-commerce boom has made other lingerie brands more accessible and there are many lingerie blogs out there to educate women on proper fit, quality, new brands etc). That's why Pink has been an extremely successful sector of VS because it's the only part of the company that remains competitive for a target demographic.

They need to include more girls like Anne V, Cintia etc and highlight that as opposed to the girls who walk 60 shows at Fashion Week. At the end of the day, they're selling lingerie and bras have a function for the body and most women wear bras everyday(and also VS bras) but not many women wear an Anthony Vacarello dress.

18-10-2012
V.I.P.

do u guys think Anne V will walk the show this year?

also what about Magda she was absent last yr n she doesnt seems to be active with VS anymore. n she looks more HF (if u know what i mean)
also Edita. n i just Hope Isabeli is back!!
Posted via Mobile Device

19-10-2012
V.I.P.

Edita was like the new jessica stam for vs, i mean amazing print catalog work but pretty lackluster on the runway (boring is the word). and as for magdalena, she was casted last year but at the last minute was mia due to a stupid shoot-scheduling conflict. few days after, she was shooting VS swim, though; so I hope they hire her again this year.

Everyone knows why Anne V was casted last year, doubt she repeats....

btw, not everyone will love this news but Cara already is working for VS and was shooting for VS pink yesterday, she is a must-have for the vsfs this year.

19-10-2012
front row

I think Anne might do the show again. Of course, she got more attention in 2010 and especially last year because she was in a realtionship with Adam, but I don't think that's the only reason they casted her.

I'm not a huge fan of Anne, but I wouldn't mind her doing the show.

I just don't want anyone who's not an Angel get as much attention as Karlie got last year.

Last edited by MsMornings; 19-10-2012 at 05:04 AM.

19-10-2012
V.I.P.

Agree about Karlie overload last year.... But I can't see any appeal in Anne at all

19-10-2012
front row

Its not like they cast Anne only cuz of her (past) relationship with Adam. She did the 2008 show too and I hope she will walk this year. I love Anne, she has good energy.

19-10-2012
V.I.P.

she's cheesy, but i agree i wouldn't mind to see her again.

19-10-2012
trendsetter

I really don't want Anne V in the show. There are far better models out there. Bring back KK and Isabeli
Posted via Mobile Device

19-10-2012
front row

I hope Kendra Spears gets casted this year. I can't believe she didn't get casted for the 2011 show.

19-10-2012
rising star

Yes to KK and Isabeli as well as Ana BB. And am I the only one who misses Angela Lindvall? I'd love them to cast major models like they used to. Remember the years of KK, Liya, Angela, Carmen, Naomi etc? Now they cast so many high fashion girls that are here one year and gone the next.

19-10-2012
hors concours♛

ita^... and i dont mind anne v, shes got all what i prefer in a girl who is cast; commercial appeal/body yet still a presence on the runway.
Posted via Mobile Device

19-10-2012
V.I.P.

has anyone thought about andreea diaconu? i don't follow vs that much but i always thought her walk and look would be quite good?

19-10-2012
trendsetter

Isabeli better come back, Bianca Balti, Izabel, bring back those Brazilians haha.
KK, Ana Beatriz (almost forgot her).
I want the 2005 line-up again, too bad those days are over :/

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#5, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria