How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

05-10-2012
Automated Thread Manager

Victoria's Secret Etc, Etc - Thread #5 - *Please see first post before posting*
This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Aside from the fashion show, use this thread as an opportunity for any and
all VS news throughout the year!

Moderator Reminder:

Thread Rules:
1. No model bashing.
2. Negative opinions about models are allowed, but you must back up any negative opinion with precise facts about why you feel that way.
3. State that opinion only once, then move on ... do not mention it again.
4. All other tFS apply as usual, please keep in mind that just because this is the Victoria's Secret Thread does not mean that weight talk in any way/shape/form is allowed.
This thread was created to be a discussion thread. Multiple posts of an individual model in the same outfit should be reserved for the models' own threads.

Thank You

Last edited by ckgirlbr; 05-10-2012 at 12:45 PM. Reason: fixed

05-10-2012
tfs star

^It's all about the looks. Justin does not look mature. He could pass for a young high schooler.

Many of the models who take part in the VSFS who are younger still look the part.

05-10-2012
fashion icon

When are they going to announce who's wearing the Fantasy Bra? If it's not Alessandra I'll be pissed.

05-10-2012
front row

Last year it was in the middle of October so I guess pretty soon if they didnt change things up. And yes it has to be Ale!

Last edited by ibizahippie; 05-10-2012 at 01:53 PM.

05-10-2012
fashion insider

The VSFS struggled with ratings for a few years and now they have to rely of the popularity of the music acts rather than the novelty of seeing a lingerie runway show on TV to attract viewers. And Rihanna and Justin Bieber are very popular so I'm sure they're onto a winner.

But seriously, aren't Justin Bieber fans generally around 13 years old? It just seems to skew a bit young for a lingerie show. Even the Pink line is supposed to be aimed at college age girls isn't it? I guess in marketing the maxim must be 'catch them early'.

05-10-2012
V.I.P.

when do they announce who gets the Fantasy Bra?

05-10-2012
front row

^ I think the same day as the Christmas catalogue comes out? So it should be in two weeks or so ... I'm just surprised we haven't seen it yet, it always leaks before VS says something about it

05-10-2012
hors concours♛

when did they begin having 3 music acts? when heidi left? i dont mind 1 at all but three just seems too much.
Posted via Mobile Device

05-10-2012
V.I.P.

It's been done before.

2002 - Phil Collins solo performance, Destiny's Child solo performance, Marc Anthony solo performance.

2003 - Sting solo performance, Mary J Blige solo performance with Eve, Mary J Blige again solo with Sting.

2005 - Chris Botti solo trumpet performance, Seal during Sexy Crystal Princesses, Ricky Martin solo performance.

2007 - will.i.am during Blade Runner, Heidi & Seal solo performance , Spice Girls lip synch solo performance, Seal during Deck the Halls.

and of course, 2011. Kanye West during Super Angels, Kanye & Jay Z solo performance, Maroon 5 during Angels Aquatic, Nikki Minaj during Pink.

05-10-2012
front row

^

I think they first had three musical acts (Phil Collins, Destiny’s Child and Marc Anthony) in 2002.

They just got less attention back then, but the show itself was a new thing at that time and therefore it was probably a lot easier to get people to watch.

05-10-2012
tfs star

All I can say is they better bring back the PR events before the show...it seemed like something was missing last year when they didn't have them.

06-10-2012
backstage pass

Can you image Bieber singing:"If I was your boyfriend.." to the models.I'm scared.

06-10-2012
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoutureChic View Post
All I can say is they better bring back the PR events before the show...it seemed like something was missing last year when they didn't have them.
They are. PS: I miss you!
Posted via Mobile Device

07-10-2012
front row

I noticed that tFS in general seem to have an issue with the male musical acts that performed for VSFS. I notice if the performer is older, he's accused of being a perv. VS is accused of stuntcasting if the performer he's a husband or boyfriend of a model (Seal, Adam Levine). If the performer is the same age as the models, he accused of being a douche (Adam Levine, Kanye West) for some reason. Now Beiber is too young/looks too young to be performing VSFS.

I don't have any problems with Beiber doing the show. Beiber's fanbase is made of up 13-22 year old females which is the primary demographic of PINK and yes some of those 18-22 wear apparrel from the mainline too. Beiber's girlfriend is the same age as the model that had 3 looks at VSFS. Beiber and Rihanna will bring ratings to show because models can't do it by themselves anymore.
Posted via Mobile Device

07-10-2012
hors concours♛

definitely prefer the older way of doing things with the celebs performing without the models walking. it feels less concert-y and more about the models and lingerie show but can still bring ratings. thanks for the rundown!
Posted via Mobile Device

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#5, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria