How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

17-11-2012
fashion insider

^ I agree, beauty is not mathematical, just because a girl has a long torso doesn't mean she is not attractive. Toni is just perfect in my opinion and everybody loves her (except some st TFS) and want her to be a VS angel

Last edited by Maximilian S; 17-11-2012 at 01:02 PM.

17-11-2012
fashion elite

I would love Toni to be an angel.. I also think Hilary is good candidate well spoken, bright, gorgeous, good proportions and her body speaks for itself!
Posted via Mobile Device

17-11-2012
V.I.P.

Toni is boring. The end.

17-11-2012
.my prison is your brain.

Moderator Note: Move on. No insulting each others favorites, bickering, or model bashing. This thread has been closed before, and could be again if it continues down this course.

Thanks.

27-11-2012
backstage pass

Quote:
Miranda Kerr reconsidering Victoria’s Secret contract after use of toxic chemicals revealed?

Miranda Kerr is the most famous face, and figure, of Victoria's Secret but it appears she’s may have been forced to reconsider her relationship with the lingerie brand, following a report by Greenpeace that has exposed its manufacturing methods.

The charity investigated 20 brands, including Victoria’s Secret, to assess whether toxic chemicals were used in their products. The report, called Toxic Threads: The Big Fashion Stitch Up, found the lingerie giant were guilty of doing so and this has now reportedly forced Miranda to reconsider her relationship with the brand.

The Australian model has built up a reputation as a champion of green products, she owns her own organic skincare line, KORA Organics, as well as being an advocate of naturally-sourced ingredients. She is also the global ambassador for Earth Hour, who are in partnership with WWF. And if that wasn’t enough evidence of Miranda’s pledge to protect the environment she’s also promised to offset her carbon footprint.

Martin Hojsik, a spokesman for Greenpeace, told the Mail on Sunday that the levels of harmful phthalates present in Victoria’s Secret underwear were so high that ‘if that product was a toy it would not be permitted in the EU.'

Greenpeace is campaigning to see these be replaced with less-harmful substitutes.

Both Miranda and Victoria’s Secret are yet to respond to the reports but it’s feared if she does hang up her coveted angel wings, other high-profile models will follow her.

What do you think? Should Miranda Kerr end her relationship with Victoria’s Secret following this report? Let us know below.

From ONTD
What do you think about that?

27-11-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larek View Post
What do you think about that?
Hm I wonder if that's just speculation rather than Miranda actually reconsidering?

But the article is interesting and makes me worried since I come into contact with their products on a daily basis!

27-11-2012
V.I.P.

I can see the headline: "model Miranda Kerr helps Victoria's Secret become green"

She can work with the company to better their environmental impact while at the same time holding true to her philosophy and still be on the company's bankroll.

No need to quit the brand, she'd be doing them a service, and the company will look good.

27-11-2012
tfs star

That report is total BS and simply relies on speculation.

There are NO quotes from Miranda herself in it, and it's just based on the assumption that because she has Kora which promotes the use of organic products 'she might leave VS'.

Seriously, take a look at this quote in the original article from the Huffington Post:
Quote:
Whilst neither Victoria's Secret or Kerr have commented on the reports, if the Aussie model does turn her back on the brand the worry is that other high-profile Angels will go with her.
Yeah sure, sounds very realistic

27-11-2012
fashion elite

Why would any of the girls leave because of this paparazzi lover? I mean really I hope she does leave she is annoying.

28-11-2012
tfs star

I wonder more if the toxic part in that article is true... It is kinda worrying that I can`t even realize what do they need to use those specific chemicals for and what is really the long term effect. Are restrictions on chemicals and such just overly strict or do we use carelessly some things that are extremely harmful, I don`t know. But you wouldn`t think there could be anything toxic on underwear or jeans etc?

28-11-2012
V.I.P.

its not the actual underwear, it's the plastic pieces, most likely the snaps/closures or whatever the technical term for those things are

28-11-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleathquakes View Post
its not the actual underwear, it's the plastic pieces, most likely the snaps/closures or whatever the technical term for those things are
The clasps? The clasps on all of the bras except for the very few with front closure aren't plastic (but the later is plastic). Hm the only other plastic stuff I can think of are the non-swarovski rhinestones and sequins.

Could it be the ones that use memory foam for the cups and padding? Or the dyes?

28-11-2012
V.I.P.

Here is the first VS "Holiday" commercial brought to you by
VampireHorde @ fashionscansremastered.net

Thanks VampireHorde for capping the commercial

29-11-2012
backstage pass

no Barbara?
maybe in long version...

29-11-2012
trendsetter

Wow Lais is all over that, and there is a lot of Bregje too.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#6, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria