How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

06-12-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
she could be the sweet girl next door
What does that mean? People just want to see beautiful talented models on the VS runway not girls each with a label associated with them. Actually among Erin, Lily, & Lindsay, Lindsay deserves to be an angel more, her walk is great and she had a decent career in HF. Erin and Lily can neither walk nor do they look any special.

I too wish Barbara and Toni were made angels and Lais if she hasn't been already.

06-12-2012
front row

@Mimirose

I feel the same for most of the Bay Commercials. They always shoot at such great locations but it always looks exactly the same. Similar background, similar poses, similar music.

I like this one from last year though:
vsallaccess.victoriassecret.com/2011/12/01/victorias-secret-holiday-2011-tv-commercial-extended-cut/

I especially love Lindsay's scenes and the scenes Lily shot outside.

And the music makes such difference. The softer and more romantic music is such a nice change from the usual Micheal-Bay-action-movie tune.

Unfortunately the Holiday Commercials this year seem to be a step back to the usual-boring stuff.

06-12-2012
hors concours♛

yep agree. and imo the exact reason the 2008 xmas commercial was their last wow one. it was so demure romantic and understated. this explosion and wind machine stuff has gotten repetitive.
Posted via Mobile Device

06-12-2012
tfs star

Totally agree with everyone else, but will take it a step further. VS as an entire brand has gotten stale in recent years. Product, commercials, models, VSFS, it doesn't have that 'something special' that the brand used to have.

Seeing that Claudia Schiffer commercial they aired during the show made me realize that VS needs to take a giant step back to basics, particularly with their main line.

06-12-2012
fashion elite

All the commercials are boring IMO nothing new or groundbreaking
Posted via Mobile Device

07-12-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximilian S View Post
What does that mean? People just want to see beautiful talented models on the VS runway not girls each with a label associated with them. Actually among Erin, Lily, & Lindsay, Lindsay deserves to be an angel more, her walk is great and she had a decent career in HF. Erin and Lily can neither walk nor do they look any special.

I too wish Barbara and Toni were made angels and Lais if she hasn't been already.
Erin has a really good walk. And probably the best body after Doutzen. I agree that she wasn't looking her best this year, but she was a huge standout in the 2011 show.

07-12-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseDillon View Post
Erin has a really good walk. And probably the best body after Doutzen. I agree that she wasn't looking her best this year, but she was a huge standout in the 2011 show.
I beg to differ. The only model worse than her is Lily Aldridge. Also the freckles I think she's a plain Jane in the face. There are far better looking models with great walks who deserve to be angels imo

Last edited by Maximilian S; 07-12-2012 at 09:50 AM.

07-12-2012
V.I.P.

is there a separate thread somewhere where everyone is discussing the show itself and what we thought about it?? i just can't believe that we'd have over 5000 posts leading up to the show and essentially zero of our reactions to it.

07-12-2012
tfs star

^http://forums.thefashionspot.com/f96...197325-63.html

10-12-2012
front row

Quote:
I beg to differ. The only model worse than her is Lily Aldridge. Also the freckles I think she's a plain Jane in the face. There are far better looking models with great walks who deserve to be angels imo
Her walk is fine.

tumblr

And what's wrong with freckles? It sets her apart.

But whatever, it's your opinion.

In the meantime, she is the second most used model next to Candice, so people can sit there and say "they need to replace her" all they want to. But I think it's pretty obvious what VS thinks of her, so she isn't leaving any time soon.

Last edited by JesseDillon; 10-12-2012 at 06:32 PM.

10-12-2012
fashion insider

^ I don't see it. She needs to relax her body more and show more confidence in the face. There is no 'IT' factor like Candice whose walk looks so effortless. I just think a VS angel should look and walk much better than Erin but hey that's just my opinion. Lets agree to disagree.

10-12-2012
V.I.P.

Which models get to go to VS pre-show casting? How does that work, do agencies choose girls?

10-12-2012
trendsetter

I think the VS team pre selects about 200 or so models from the various agencies. Then those girls are seen and narrowed down.

10-12-2012
front row

Quote:
^ I don't see it. She needs to relax her body more and show more confidence in the face. There is no 'IT' factor like Candice whose walk looks so effortless. I just think a VS angel should look and walk much better than Erin but hey that's just my opinion. Lets agree to disagree.
I actually think Candice has no presence on the runway at all. Like I really don't get the whole circle jerk over her this year. Compared to how amazing Candi is in print and commercials, her walk leaves a lot to be desired.

11-12-2012
V.I.P.

true is none of the newer girls have the whole package like previous girls.
Candice only come close. Erin great body,nice walk, eveerage face. lily nice body,nice face, Horrible walk, n well her mouth I was reallu exited about Barbara Palvin I didn't even saw her walk this yr I saw like 3 maybe 5 steps max n I did not like what I saw n I think Karlie has a nice body,great runway precense,really good in interviews she might do well as a VS angel TBH

the days where Giselle,Adrian,Ale,Karolina rule VS are over. they all had a Great Runway Precense, amazing in print/commercial, great in interviews. they were everything!

BTW which of the "newer" girls do campaign for VS beauty? Is it only Candice?

Last edited by alonsoJonathan; 11-12-2012 at 01:08 AM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#6, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria