How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

11-12-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by alonsoJonathan View Post
true is none of the newer girls have the whole package like previous girls.
Candice only come close. Erin great body,nice walk, eveerage face. lily nice body,nice face, Horrible walk, n well her mouth I was reallu exited about Barbara Palvin I didn't even saw her walk this yr I saw like 3 maybe 5 steps max n I did not like what I saw n I think Karlie has a nice body,great runway precense,really good in interviews she might do well as a VS angel TBH

the days where Giselle,Adrian,Ale,Karolina rule VS are over. they all had a Great Runway Precense, amazing in print/commercial, great in interviews. they were everything!

BTW which of the "newer" girls do campaign for VS beauty? Is it only Candice?
Lindsay and Lais have done a campaign for VS beauty.

As far as the total package, there are a lot of lesser known girls at NYC agencies who have the height, body, charisma, presence etc but they don't get a chance to do Fashion Week/editorial exposure type jobs because the soft/sexy/athletic/femme VS look and body type isn't in demand with high fashion clients. Some of these girls end up doing the Euro lingerie stuff, high end catalogs and Euro/Asia tv commercials but remain unknown for the most part. I mean, Candice was one of these girls up until a few years ago and she fell into VS as their fit model (which isn't considered a "high" booking..more like second rate job).
I think they need to think outside the box when looking for new girls/future superstars and not just the most popular fashion week and blue chip campaign girls if they want that total VS girl.

11-12-2012
fashion insider

To me the ones that should be angels are:

1. Lais - She is drop dead gorgeous, people love her, she doesn't do all the pointing nonsense on the runway and I don't want to say this but as its been brought up before, she will fill the black/coloured angel gap since Chanel isn't one anymore.
2. Bregje - Another stunning girl, again popular with people outside fashion. She has the 'IT' quality that sets her apart from the other mdoels and is needed an an angel.
3. Toni Garrn - The same reasons as Bregje. She is perfect head to toe imo.
4. Barbara Palvin - The best body after Candice.

I think VS should really listen to its fans and decide whom to make angels based on their opinion.

11-12-2012
front row

I like Erin, shes pretty with a nice body but i think her walk is kinda 'shaky' like i always think shes tipsy when i see her walking.
I thought Barbara was super underwhelming. I know it was her first time doing the show and all but other first timers before and now did a WAY better job than her. And she looked like a little girl along with Maud and Dorothea compared to the other models.

11-12-2012
V.I.P.

Agree I think Barbara P should've been in Pink. She not only looks like a baby Natalia V, she looks like a baby in general.

11-12-2012
V.I.P.

Agreed as well. ^^ She doesn't live up to all that hype. Good looking girl, but thats it. Although for vs she might be just right lol.

Erin has a nice body and seems a sweet person too, I dont mind her even though Ive seen more gorgeous girls face-wise. I like her freckles !

11-12-2012
hors concours♛

barbara is a very pretty girl obviously and i really like her for vs but i was extremely underwhelmed as well. i like her much better in print thus far. she looked like a lost school girl on the vsfs. i also always find myself saying "in a few years she will be so pretty." this brooke shields pretty baby look is unappealing to me.
Posted via Mobile Device

11-12-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ibizahippie View Post
I like Erin, shes pretty with a nice body but i think her walk is kinda 'shaky' like i always think shes tipsy when i see her walking.
I thought Barbara was super underwhelming. I know it was her first time doing the show and all but other first timers before and now did a WAY better job than her. And she looked like a little girl along with Maud and Dorothea compared to the other models.
I agree and she's forgettable as soon as another model comes down the runway. Her walk was bad when she was walking at Valentino Spring 2008 Haute Couture and its still just as bad.

I also agree about Barbara being underwhelming considering her hype but her outfit this year did not do her justice, it was all covered up. Look wise she's a perfect candidate to become an angel.

Last edited by Maximilian S; 11-12-2012 at 12:02 PM.

11-12-2012
front row

I think Barbara is one of the best contenders to become an Angel. She has it all and she's making the biggest waves with people outside the fashion scene including both girls and guys.

She might just need to practice her walk/runway skills/runway expressions. She has never done as many shows as some other girls but that doesn't mean she can practice enough to make up for the lack of experience. If I remember correctly, she said in interviews that she feels self conscious about her height on the runway because the other models are much taller and she doesn't like that--she needs to get over that because I think that's what is holding her back on the runway.

11-12-2012
front row

I would love to see Barbara as an Angel one day, but I think there's no need to rush. She's still super young and only started to work for VS not that long ago.

I also think that it might be a good idea for VS to have a new official Pink Angel now that Behati moved on to main line and Chanel is gone.
The Pink segment was worse than ever and it really missed any girls standing out like the Angels did in the past.
Maybe it would be a good idea to have Barbara do Pink first. Yes she has an amazing body, but she looks pretty young facewise and I think her personality would fit Pink very well.

I also wouldn't complain about seeing less of Jessica Hart when it comes to Pink.

11-12-2012
V.I.P.

as i said before, I was so excited to see Barbara P because of the pictures but when it happened in motion, just was underwhelming that being said, I think the next big vs- model will be Barbara fialho, time will tell

and i also agree about erin's walk, definitely there's something wrong with the movement of her knees. I like her, though^^

11-12-2012
V.I.P.

Ive tried to Like Barb, but for me she looks like a little girl, in big girl outfits, Erin I agree, cute girl, looks better for Pink, Lindsey loved the Black outfit with the Huge white wings, breathtaking, Madga Sui He looking stunning, wanted more Adriana but that was me, felt she & Alessandra got the shaft, granted lima's could have been due to her having the baby, and they gave her what they could. Lastly i will never get the hype over candice, she is ok, but another blond, in a long line of blonds, and the little spot they did about her, all i could hear was blah blah blah, aww well cant win them all.

11-12-2012
V.I.P.

^^and nah Barbara Palvin doing the main-line is fine, at least for me, she still is young and photographs even better than some current angels. I think if we have to criticize someone is Lily Aldrige, I mean, she's growing on me (I liked her when i saw her backstage pics) but she needs to learn to walk!!!, my goodness this is like her fourth year and still her walk sucks and her runway presence and face expressions are amateurish and mediocre.

11-12-2012
front row

I think Barbara's pictures for the main line and designer's collection are beyond stunning. A lot of her pictures blow away the other Angels by miles.

She might be young but she has that same allure Adriana and Doutzen had when they first started out with VS. It's some type of angelic yet exotic thing going on...hard to explain exactly but it's there. Her youthful face is also something that people outside the fashion scene find extremely desirable.

Even though she is young, I don't see her as a Pink ambassador. Even though the Pink ambassadors are supposed to be the young VS angels or the future, the aesthetic is very sporty, bubbly and cheerleader-like. I don't see Barbara with a sporty, cheerleader-like look and wearing those sneakers with emblazoned panties and a cropped varsity top. She's more of a heels and sparkles type of girl.

11-12-2012
front row

I think the reason Barbara P walked for the main line not the for Pink is because she only does work for the main line. I haven't been really impressed with the majority of Toni's VS work so far. She lacking something but I can't quite put my finger on what it is that she's lacking. I've grown to like Lindsay and Erin for VS but they are like watered down versions of VS Angels to me.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Trends; 11-12-2012 at 12:55 PM.

11-12-2012
V.I.P.

I do not see Barbara walking the Pink section, her look is more mature then most the VS pink girls IMO. I just wish she had a second outfit.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#6, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria