How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

11-12-2012
front row

I'd like to see more promotion of Sara Sampaio, though I don't think we'll see a lot of her for the mainline until Adriana is gone, and Marloes Horst. Both of them have a lot more wow factor to me than a lot of the new girls that walked the show this year, and they've already got some standing within VS.

11-12-2012
V.I.P.

I don't know what VS deal is with Maryna, she's shooting in St. Barth's with them today. They only ever seem to use her for swim, and gave her a total slap in the face by not booking her for the show but having her shoot on the day of rehearsals.

If anyone was meant to be an angel it was her. Runway presence, can speak in front of the camera, amazing body, and a lot of people favor her over Candice.

11-12-2012
front row

Candice's walk in the past two years has become lackluster, in my opinion. She certainly doesn't have the worst walk, but comparing her walks from 2012 and 2011 to when she's started VS, I think she's lost a lot of energy in her walk. I'm bored of Candice in general though.

11-12-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trends View Post
I think the reason Barbara P walked for the main line not the for Pink is because she only does work for the main line. I haven't been really impressed with the majority of Toni's VS work so far. She lacking something but I can't quite put my finger on what it is that she's lacking. I've grown to like Lindsay and Erin for VS but they are like watered down versions of VS Angels to me.
Posted via Mobile Device
I agree with you on Toni. I think she's undoubtedly gorgeous but she doesn't know how to turn up the heat which reminds me of how Lindsay E is as an angel. They're just very very pretty which people like but it can be forgettable once the next super pretty blond comes along.

The inner sexiness brings a model working for VS a much longer way than just gorgeousness alone. That's what got Adriana and Candice ahead of the other girls of their time--they sizzle and it's convincing. Barbara has that fire going on and I can see it getting bigger.

11-12-2012
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseDillon View Post
I actually think Candice has no presence on the runway at all. Like I really don't get the whole circle jerk over her this year. Compared to how amazing Candi is in print and commercials, her walk leaves a lot to be desired.
If this not presence then, I don't know what is

Also, Bregje has developed a great walk this year, she's like a little Candice

Sources: candice swanepoel gifs/tumblr
bregje heinen/tumblr

Last edited by Maximilian S; 11-12-2012 at 01:48 PM.

11-12-2012
V.I.P.

I SO agree about Sara i LOVE her, also Elsa id love to see more of her, a stunning body IMO

11-12-2012
fashion elite

I wasn't impressed with Barbara Palvin I didn't see what hype is about? Her walk was terrible. She usually always wears the same open lip expression on her face in pictures, and I'm not a fan of her body. I think she did OK. I also think she is okay to do main-line VS pictures but not become an angel. 0 personality. The other Barbara Fialho outshines Barbara P by a long shot very sexy, exotic, presence & her body was made for lingerie IMO. I wouldn't mind her becoming an Angel for VS. She had A LOT of personality. Erin needs replaced by Toni easily Toni IMO is much more personable, sweet, more beautiful & better walk than Erin and she doesn't have fake orange tan going on ever. Lindsay needs replaced my Maryna is fierce, sexy and LOTS of personality. Lindsay has 0. Lily A just needs to be gone that walk she is a mess. The next black angel? Hard to say I think both Lais and Joan are beautiful but Joan does have more personality than Lais, but Lais has the better body by far. Facially IMO is equal both gorgeous girls. Or they just need to realize they made a mistake and get Chanel back I mean she was a star of the show twitter trending higher than the models in the actual show people noticed her gone and people like her. I don't care what anyone says Chanel is fierce. I also like Candice for VS and the token blonde bombshell. I actually like her cute runway walk. Doutzen and Candice compliment each other so well, and I don't want them going anywhere! I think VS really needs to change up their line-up in a big way. What I think really doesn't matter though.

11-12-2012
fashion elite

I forgot to mention I think Elsa is gorgeous for VS Pink and she should have opened that section! Sara don't really care for her she is good filler for Pink IMO. I love Behati for both main-line and VS Pink so cute!

I also think Hilary would be GOOD classic brunette beauty addition. She is clever, gorgeous, and has great humble personality. She also is very womanly! Oh, not to mention her body was the one of the best out there along side Doutzen! Wauw! She knows what it takes to be a spokes model she has longevity with EL. Very professional. I am dreaming though.

11-12-2012
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximilian S View Post
If this not presence then, I don't know what is

*do not quote images, please*
The gifs from this year suck. She looks down way too much. Candi had a great walk between 08-10. Now She is boring.

Last edited by MulletProof; 11-12-2012 at 09:13 PM.

11-12-2012
fashion insider

^ I didn't notice it at all, I guess I was mesmerized by those hips Candice just keeps getting better and better. After Adri and Ale, she has the most star power at VS.

Last edited by Maximilian S; 11-12-2012 at 04:28 PM.

11-12-2012
fashion elite

Candice's walk in "Angels in Bloom" was perfect, and yes ones eyes go directly at her hips when seeing her on the runway.

11-12-2012
backstage pass

agreed on Candice, her body is so terrific and her hip movement is mezmerizing to me
but she does always look down the floor when I would like her to stare at the camera and kill us. And I still haven't seen one interview with her where she interested me.

for Barbara P, I was disappointed during the fashion show (but the outfit was tacky...) but I see bright future for her at VS. I LOVE her body and even more her face. She is still young but she is more promising than any of pink girls.

When seeing the line-up announcement at start of VSFS2012, it really felt like an all-white line up with way too many blondes to me. I still hope for an Asian angel at some point but I am not so impressed by Liu Wen or the others. Have to say I thought Shu Pei was really ubber cute at VS but she is not Angel material.

11-12-2012
fashion insider

^ I actually find Candice one of the most charming angels in real life, her shyness makes her lovable and unique imo. You don't have to be a chatterbox to have a personality. Also, they are lingerie models, its not like they're giving lectures on some scientific theory that you have to listen carefully everything they have to say. Her beauty has made people interested and like I said she's the most popular among the new angels.

11-12-2012
front row

Candice is actually a very interesting person. I don't think she is given the opportunities to let her personality shine in interviews and media talks though. I think I said this before but her voice is naturally very soft and people like that are often times expected by everyone else to have a muted personality when it isn't the case at all...they just have a soft voice. It's a self fulfilling prophecy. In interviews with other models, the other girls (like Adriana and Miranda) always step in before her or start talking at the same time and then they get louder because they know/expect that she isn't going to be able to shout over them etc.

11-12-2012
front row

I'm not sure I agree about Barbara F making big waves for VS after her VSFS appearance. There's no denying that she has a killer body, and has a great personality in backstage segments/interviews, but I've seen catalogue work from her and I find her eyes and forehead really offputting. Her huge hat in Calendar Girls helped distract from it and in the Circus segment, I've seen her labelled as "Scary Clown". But I'm happy to be wrong - I know she's now shot with them, so it will be interesting to see how those photos turn out.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#6, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria