How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

01-01-2013
fashion insider

^ Bregje? Really? Can you please give the name of those forums?

01-01-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by WerbowyStegner View Post
^Oh okay , thank you for clarifying

I was on a few forums and "confession" tumblrs and I was shocked to see Bregje get so much abuse/insults for both her face and body.. people out there are really nasty
Yeah unfortunately I've seen those "confession" tumblrs too. I think they're horrible...pretty much cyber bullying at it's best. The worst part is that I wouldn't be surprised if there are people who believe in those "confessions." I know TFS considers them a very unreliable source. I mean--it's so easy for someone to troll on those blogs.

01-01-2013
V.I.P.

Yes, it is THAT time again (video in HD)...

02-01-2013
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by WerbowyStegner View Post
^Oh okay , thank you for clarifying

I was on a few forums and "confession" tumblrs and I was shocked to see Bregje get so much abuse/insults for both her face and body.. people out there are really nasty
Thanks for the links but can you send me the link to the actual tumblr page? Those pictures look like somebody frantically made them overnight! I'm dying here laughing, they look like they're right out of the burnbook from Mean Girls, like its the work of some jealous teenager. The insults are not even mean, they're hilarious! Good insults should hit home, who in their right mind think Bregje is ugly? I'm wondering if it could be the work of a jealous fellow model or a rival agency? I'm sure there are agency shills bad mouthing girls from other agencies over the internet!

06-01-2013
V.I.P.

From VSX's FB page:
Quote:
Look who's owning it this Monday AM! VS Angels Lindsay Ellingson & Erin Heatherton will be on Good Morning America this Monday to talk about how they're jump starting their 2013 routines. Tune in at 8am EST on ABC...

07-01-2013
V.I.P.

made this Gifs, enjoy, Source of Vid Youtube

Last edited by LittleMsSunshine; 07-01-2013 at 03:03 PM.

07-01-2013
V.I.P.

09-01-2013
V.I.P.

Behati has really blossomed into a wonderful mainline Angel for VS. i see her as the sexy rock chick brunette. she's looking better than ever!

look at the pic circulating around with Doutzen, Candice, Behati, Lindsay and Erin. it's them in a classic "VS Angel" group shot. all gorgeous women, no doubt, but ... aside from Behati, they all have a similar kind of energy. a similar kind of aura or feeling or look. yeah, they're all blonde and that may play a part, but think of the similar group shots of the Angels from bygone eras. they were each so individual, so different from one another.

think about the original "Angel" shots:

Tyra, Daniela, Helena, Stephanie and Karen.

each of those women looked very different from one another and more than that, they each brought a very different and unique kind of energy to the group, and to the photograph. a variety that is lacking in the new Angels.

more recently, the main Angel group:

Tyra, Heidi, Gisele, Karolina, Adriana, Alessandra

again --- all VERY different looks, and very different energies and personalities. unique, each one of them.

not to say that Candice, Doutzen, Erin, Lindsay and Behati aren't unique ... but aside from Behati -- how different are they, really? they all have the same vibe, the same kind of casual, relaxed sex appeal. Doutzen is a bit older, and more refined looking, and also has had a successful high fashion career, so she carries a bit of a different energy with her. but essentially, she still gives off the vibe of "sexy, carefree, casual beach chick". same as the rest.

WHERE'S THE VARIETY, VS?! i am missing it!!

09-01-2013
front row

^^That's definitely true. I think every "group" dynamic needs some variety in look and personality while keeping a similar aesthetic and taste. When I think of girl bands and boy bands and even fictional superhero teams, everyone has their own unique individual characteristics but there's something that ties them together.

The shot is nice but I can see how a lot of people who don't follow models might get Candice, Erin, Lindsay and Doutzen mixed up (and they usually do). And you're right--they're all carefree-beach-y doll-face looking blonds (like a morph between Karen Mulder and Marisa Miller). They seem to be getting more and more of these types of girls-Elsa Hosk, Toni Garrn and a few other blonds I forgot their names.
Someone like Shanina and Lais would fit the bill but add spice!

09-01-2013
V.I.P.

The worst thing is that "magically" even darker-haired models (Maryna, Magdalena, Edita to name a few) became "lighter blondes" after they started to work with vs. Id rather they would keep their darker hair so they dont morph into Lindsay, Doutzen, Candice, Erin and the likes. Sadly Magdalena and Maryna nowadays both look not much different (haircolor wise) then the beachy vs angels sisters... pity. Otherwise they would have added smth really spicy and different to the main group.

I dont want to see Lais or Shanina as main vs angels. Neither of them does it for me or have what it takes for that.

Although I miss the variety too. The grown up sex appeal. Smth interesting and captivating. Not a la your random generically pretty girl next door type.

Im glad Karlie is doing vs. At least she has smth different. And her star power is way stronger then of all the blonde angels vs has nowadays. Lets see how long she keeps her darker hair before getting it beach light blonde lol.

09-01-2013
fashion insider

^ I would not call Karlie's fame 'star power' and I repeat this all the time that majority of the public don't like her, at least for VS. She does not have the body or face that is appealing for commercial lingerie.

If people really want to see diversity and brunettes then Lais Ribeiro and Barbara Palvin should be made angels ASAP. Actually it would be great if Erin, Lily A, Behati go and these girls get in along with Bregje.

09-01-2013
V.I.P.

i think it's more about vibe.

that was what people liked so much about Rosie. beyond being obviously hot, she had a real different energy than the other girls. she was a rock chic. lovely, but also with a bit of an edge. you knew she was a partier and had a great time.

i think Lais is utterly dull. she's a beautiful girl and she must sell well, elsewise VS wouldn't be using her. but they need a model with an edge and i think Joan Smalls would be a much better choice.

i think it would also be nice if they had models who came across as intelligent. or at the very least, witty and sharp. Behati has this appeal. and she seems "cool", as well. i think she's great. she also looks better than she ever has and she's a brunette.

09-01-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBlueRider View Post
^^That's definitely true. I think every "group" dynamic needs some variety in look and personality while keeping a similar aesthetic and taste. When I think of girl bands and boy bands and even fictional superhero teams, everyone has their own unique individual characteristics but there's something that ties them together.

The shot is nice but I can see how a lot of people who don't follow models might get Candice, Erin, Lindsay and Doutzen mixed up (and they usually do). And you're right--they're all carefree-beach-y doll-face looking blonds (like a morph between Karen Mulder and Marisa Miller). They seem to be getting more and more of these types of girls-Elsa Hosk, Toni Garrn and a few other blonds I forgot their names.
Someone like Shanina and Lais would fit the bill but add spice!
Add Bianca Balti and Daniela De Jesus too

Last edited by WerbowyStegner; 09-01-2013 at 07:16 PM.

09-01-2013
fashion insider

^ happycanadian I guess I don't care about 'vibe' and 'energy' and I don't think the millions of people watching the show at home who don't use TFS care for it either. They just want to see beautiful and sexy girls in lingerie.

I don't find Joan Smalls THAT special in terms of beauty and her walk is just shameful. Some people say she has a great personality but I don't see that in her interviews. Behati on the other hand seems too goody-goody to the point I cringe

Last edited by Maximilian S; 09-01-2013 at 07:26 PM.

09-01-2013
fashion insider

WerbowyStegner Bianca Balti would be perfect

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#6, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria