How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

09-01-2013
fashion insider

^ What about Emily DiDonato? Why hasn't she ever worked with VS?

09-01-2013
front row

^^Emily DiDonato has worked with VS for their catalogs but not recently.

She has that pristine doll-like beauty and athleticism that could easily fit in next to Candice, Erin, Doutzen and Lindsay!

I'm not impressed with Joan's work for VS. Her catalog pictures for Body by Victoria and Fabulous were extremely dull. Lais on the other hand just looks amazingly hot in everything for VS--she suits that type of work. I can also see a lot of people finding her amazingly gorgeous.

I noticed Karlie and Barbara have that light mousy brown hair which could easily be turned blond or a richer brunette. I would hate to see either one, especially Barbara, with blond highlights! If anything, I'd like to see Barbara with a richer color like old school Stephanie Seymour or Laetitia Casta.

09-01-2013
V.I.P.

disagree with you, BlueRider on Lais. but 100% agree with you on Barbara! i'd loooove to see a richer darker hair colour like Laetitia or Stephanie.

09-01-2013
front row

^ Yeah, some girls are just meant to be brunettes! I remember when Adriana got blond highlights (right when Gisele left VS) and it just didn't work on her. They need some mystery--that's sexy.

10-01-2013
V.I.P.

yeah, i remember when Adriana did that, too. it just absolutely didn't suit her at all. obviously, she was still gorgeous (i mean, it's ADRIANA LIMA we're talking about. lol), but she looks much much better and more sensual and, as you say, mysterious as a brunette.

yeah, they don't really have anyone with a sophisticated, darker kind of brooding sensuality. the kind that someone like Stephanie Seymour or Helena Christensen had.

10-01-2013
front row

I love Adriana's glossy super dark hair. It's so luxurious looking.

Yes--when I think of VS, I think of Stephanie Seymour, Helena Christensen, Laetitia Casta (and of course beachy blond angelic girls like Gisele, Marisa etc). They have that timeless, iconic VS look that Barbara has in my opinion. I don't follow her twitter and candid photos as I know people talk about her age, personality etc and that can play a bias in looking at a model. I really just look at her catalog pictures and the similarity is there--all she needs is some grooming and time. I thought her pictures for the designer collection could easily fit into one of the old school catalogs with just a little makeup change.

10-01-2013
TNF
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by happycanadian View Post
yeah, they don't really have anyone with a sophisticated, darker kind of brooding sensuality. the kind that someone like Stephanie Seymour or Helena Christensen had.
Maybe, that kind of woman doesn't sell enough, nowadays?

Huge companies like VS literally research everything, they know what they are doing.

10-01-2013
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNF View Post
Maybe, that kind of woman doesn't sell enough, nowadays?

Huge companies like VS literally research everything, they know what they are doing.
Do they though? If so they would court numerous markets (that match their brand) at once like many other US based companies. Dream on...

They go for the tried and true standard of blondish "non-threating" bores.

10-01-2013
V.I.P.

Victorias Secret keep the models that sell , apparently there's a statistical way of keeping the models. An angel may be 'boring' or 'unattractive' to some of us but if they can push those numbers 'behind the scenes' regardless of external public opinion , they'll be kept.

10-01-2013
fashion elite

VS has really no clue. I buy nothing from them and many of my friends don't either due to the fact of their model choices. No color really no diversity. Other Lingerie brands have girls who fit lingerie model and woman want to be them. I don't really want to be any of the main VS angels.

10-01-2013
front row

^^ DanceFashionista, you speak a very common opinion I hear from lots of different types of women. There are a lot of negative opinions about their merchandise. There's also this recent surge of "bra fit" awareness (I mean, there's even a new reality show on it) and VS advertising is one of the biggest culprits behind ill fitting bras. I've also heard a lot of complaints that they're going "backwards" in their advertising.

I think I mentioned on this thread before but I read an article about the booming lingerie industry on Forbes and statistics show that VS is expected to lose their huge share of the industry to newer competition. Beauty and lingerie are apparently the only two industries in fashion that are growing.

I think VS is testing out which "it" girls could be good for the brand along with scoping out traditional commercial/lingerie models (Candice turned out to be a good choice yet she's aiming for HF now). The thing is that the models of the moment, who the agencies are pushing for VS, just aren't "VS quality." So that's probably why their casting options are so limited and models don't work for VS for very long. A new model who has a mysterious, exotic, expressive/sensual look and bombshell body like Adriana, Stephanie, Helena etc probably won't get much hype or push from their agency these days (they might not even get signed).

10-01-2013
tfs star

I think VS is losing focus of who they're trying to sell product to, everyday women who need proper undergarments, women who won't buy a product simply because a pretty model is wearing it.

It's telling that pink, which is targeted toward an impressionable demographic, is their biggest seller.

I went into a VS the other day to check out the sale, and literally nearly every bra was a push-up. Even the sports bras were push ups, and the quality of the product, for the price point, was very subpar.

They need to stop believing their own hype.

11-01-2013
hors concours♛

I find their undergarments highly overrated. I've bought bras there that fall apart in no time. The only thing I marginally like is their beauty products. I think the whole angel thing is the only thing that sets them apart and makes them more appealing and the stores look like a candy shop for adults so you get tricked into buying things. Quality wise they are no better than products at department stores that hold up for years.

11-01-2013
V.I.P.

I for one am tired of all the blonds, I would like more looks, red, black, brown, blond etc, more exotic, than the "beachy" look, for me that doesnt scream glamour, i want diff body types to, i'm not saying candice isnt a pretty girl, but I'm tired of going to the sight & EVERY pic is of her, it makes me NOT visit there sight anymore.

11-01-2013
front row

For all of you who were getting sick of blondes. They heard your wishes.
Say hi to this year's Valentine's Day cover model

victoriassecret.com

It's a brunette overload(Karlie, Lily, Behati, Barbara, Chanel) inside as well with Candice being the only blonde.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#6, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria