How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

12-01-2013
fashion insider

I don't like this sort of snobbishness of the fashion world towards the ''general public'' like they're totally different people. If majority of people find Candice sexy and Karlie not then maybe that is the truth? Everyone has their own cliches and tastes but the mainstream idolization of the '1950s waist to hip ration' is there for a reason!

12-01-2013
hors concours♛

I'm not a hf snob at all. I rarely agree with them. Im a fan of 90s Supermodels and wish models still looked like that, but I dont think Karlie deserves this hate. I personally think it has more to do with hype than looks as even the popular SI models who get the covers or the headlines get the most hate than the anon models inside the mag do.

I dont even know why they look at/follow models to begin with if thats the ideal they're expecting. Kate Moss,Linda Evangelista,Christy Turlington and just about every other model ever do not have the pin-up/pageant girl aesthetic.

Last edited by michelabella; 12-01-2013 at 08:40 AM.

12-01-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliax View Post
This Karlie hate is so yesterday. Especially if you think that Lindsay for example is from the same story as far as body goes. And some other current bombshells. Still noone complains. Its like everyone was saying Marisa Miller looks soooo old in her vs pix - well, I see many Lindsay's pictures nowadays where she looks way older then she is but noone says anything. Double-standards much ?

Go Karlie.:p
Can you give some examples?

12-01-2013
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelabella View Post
I'm not a hf snob at all. I rarely agree with them. Im a fan of 90s Supermodels and wish models still looked like that, but I dont think Karlie deserves this hate. I personally think it has more to do with hype than looks as even the popular SI models who get the covers or the headlines get the most hate than the anon models inside the mag do.

I dont even know why they look at/follow models to begin with if thats the ideal they're expecting. Kate Moss,Linda Evangelista,Christy Turlington and just about every other model ever do not have the pin-up/pageant girl aesthetic.
I think hate is a rather severe word. Not everyone is going to fawn over Karlie posing in lingerie.

12-01-2013
fashion elite

Not a fan of Karlie for VS, but I like Karlie better than Lindsay, Lily, & Erin for VS she is better then they are for sure. The cover though is bad would be better with Adri or Douzten on it.
Posted via Mobile Device

12-01-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maximilian S View Post
If majority of people find Candice sexy and Karlie not then maybe that is the truth?:

No, it's not the truth because those are opinions and attractiveness/beauty are subjective.

12-01-2013
fashion insider

Quote:
No, it's not the truth because those are opinions and attractiveness/beauty are subjective.
I agree beauty is subjective but who do you think most guys would prefer? A girl like Candice or a girl like Karlie? If we do a poll, I am pretty sure they'd pick Candice and by statistics alone, that would be some form of truth if that makes any sense. Anyway I'm done with VS

12-01-2013
front row

Maximillian S--you're right. And it's not even just guys, it's girls...women in general. There are tons of non-fashion related blogs that talk about celebrities etc and they talk about this. I will give you the links if you want them!

We could go to any sports bar, college bar, country club, The Mall of America in Minnesota to some small town in Texas to downtown LA to Portland, Oregon to Charlotte, North Carolina and you will be correct. I think the purpose of pointing these things out is that those are the populations that create the overwhelming majority looking at the catalogs, shopping online but not looking at a Lanvin catwalk. Those are the customers. Those people have spoken out on more mainstream blogs and mainstream tabloids and news outlets (that cover VS) and like I've said before, a very popular female opinion is that their advertising is moving backwards.

At the end of the day, it's a lower-mid range mass market brand. It's not conceptual, avant garde underwear. It's has the same aesthetic complication and exclusivity as Sports Illustrated swimwear edition.

Last edited by theBlueRider; 12-01-2013 at 04:11 PM.

12-01-2013
front row

I actually like Karlie's outfit but I wish there was another model wearing it I don't like the direction VS is going with their choice with some the models they choose to focus on but there's not much that I can do about it.

12-01-2013
tfs star

The shot of Karlie in the chair would've made a great cover.

12-01-2013
front row

^Yeah it would've made a much better cover. When I look at Karlie's red outfit and Candice's red outfit at last VSFS, that VS use nude stockings instead of sheer red stockings.

13-01-2013
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBlueRider View Post
^^Emily DiDonato has worked with VS for their catalogs but not recently.

She has that pristine doll-like beauty and athleticism that could easily fit in next to Candice, Erin, Doutzen and Lindsay!

I personally think that Candice,Erin and Lindsay are looking boring compared to Emily(especilly Erin)
Though I think that Candice is very pretty,great body and she is sexier then Emily and I find Lindsay pretty and nice too
Emily has a perfect mixture of doll-like tender beauty and striking features,which make her unique
I would like to see her for Vs
I was very sad when I heard that she was on casting but wasn`t casted

14-01-2013
V.I.P.

I LOVE emily, id have rather seen her vs barb Palvin, i feel emily is more grown up, VS barb i feel looks like a little trying on big girl pants

14-01-2013
V.I.P.

15-01-2013
V.I.P.

^Barbara is gorgeous! I doubt most VS models would look that good with minimal makeup and a messy ponytail! You do realise these photographers are capturing them from every unflattering angle possible?

It's very hard to look good in these candid photos you realise? Most people would look terrible with daylight flash photography..

Take Ale Ambrosio who got bashed on forums for being 'average'/'not attractive' without makeup but the question I pose to them is how many of THEM would look good , walking down
the street getting captured from ALL angles with no styling and no hair?

socialanxietysupport,vicsecretemodels/tumblr,lovevictoriassecretmodels

Last edited by WerbowyStegner; 15-01-2013 at 04:20 AM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#6, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria