How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

19-01-2013
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet rus View Post
I can't believe Karlie is an angel. a body and face of hers (and I don't even want to start talking about this awful haircut). When I saw her polaroids for the first time I thought "damn, legs...then omg, what a face...can she even be a model?" I don't want to sound negative but she probably has one of the most unattractive and unpretty faces among models ever. I try to find smth pretty about her but I can't no matter how hard I try. Even your untypical beauties like Kirsten and Saskia would make a better angel. It's not her fault, it's wonderful how much she could achieve but I will never get how and will never understand why VS made such a choice. But the company's choices have been very questionable these years. None of the newer girls are angel material except for Doutzen and Candice, they are extremely plain and forgetable. And please, don't tell me the company knows better what it's doing. It probably is but I don't care, I feel like I need to share my opinion (not that anybody cares but still I can't shut my mouth now). In my point of view VS angels should be smth out of ordinary, some beautiful, exotic creatures with almost unattainable proportions and figures, not the girls that I can see anywhere.
Sweet Rus,thank you so much for writing it !I have never thought that somebody will understand how I feel about Karlie
I think that she has one of the most unattractive faces I have ever seen
I tried to like Karlie but I failed

19-01-2013
V.I.P.

I can understand Karlie doesn't fit the classical definition of a VS model, but VS caters to all body types, and there are people out there like Karlie - tall, lanky. Karlie is just one model out of VS's new lineup of 50 girls, so I don't think it's that big of a deal to see her amongst the bevy of other classic lingerie bodies.

19-01-2013
front row

You guys do realize that VS has their own weird formula to determine how well the girls sell right? And they use this formula to determine who they keep shooting. The reason Karlie always works with VS is b/c she sells very well and obviously well enough to merit and VS contract. Emily was tried out by VS and clearly she didn't sell well enough hence you don't see her anymore. Like previous posters have said VS has to appeal to a large demographic and clearly Karlie appeals to a sizable portion of it.

19-01-2013
tfs star

I personally don`t like Karlie face at all -I read her thread and watched some of her pics but I can`t like her!Honestly I tried(
I think that if VS wanted high-fashion model they could work with Magdalena,Monika Jagaciak,Frida Gustavsson etc
I am not a fan of Natasha Poly,but she looked great on VS Runway and in High-fashion
Some people treat Karlie as she is a wonder of fashion industry and there were no versatile talented models before
Well they made Chanel an Angel too(was she selling much that Emily Di or others,do you really think so?)
No they just took a popular girl and made her the part of their business
And Emily worked not that much for VS
I think that she needs more chance
There is also a theory that they don`t want her because some think that she resemble Adri too much

19-01-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj36 View Post
You guys do realize that VS has their own weird formula to determine how well the girls sell right? And they use this formula to determine who they keep shooting. The reason Karlie always works with VS is b/c she sells very well and obviously well enough to merit and VS contract. Emily was tried out by VS and clearly she didn't sell well enough hence you don't see her anymore. Like previous posters have said VS has to appeal to a large demographic and clearly Karlie appeals to a sizable portion of it.
They do have a formula but it hasn't been used for Karlie and Emily and the girls who don't have the contracts. That formula is for the Angels and which Angels to push and which Angels have a shortened life span.

Daria was offered a contract with VS but she never shot anything for them. Offering the contract isn't based off the numbers yet.

Karlie is an Angel for her fashion star power but there is a lot of evidence that she doesn't appeal to a "sizable portion" of women. It's more like a particular fraction, which leads me to my next point. She brings diversity but in my opinion, she's not that different from Behati, Lindsay and Chanel. Adding Karlie to the lineup is like adding another Lindsay or Chanel to the lineup.

I don't think Karlie will turn out to be an iconic VS star like Heidi, Gisele or Adriana. If anyone is going down that route, it's Candice and I can definitely see Barbara becoming an iconic VS model. Again, I think Karlie is there to complete the diversity in the same way Chanel did. Once she starts doing events, meet and greets and interviews, it's going to be clear that she's not the "alpha Angel" like Heidi, Gisele etc.

19-01-2013
we could have had it all

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid In Love View Post
I personally don`t like Karlie face at all -I read her thread and watched some of her pics but I can`t like her!Honestly I tried(
I think that if VS wanted high-fashion model they could work with Magdalena,Monika Jagaciak,Frida Gustavsson etc
I am not a fan of Natasha Poly,but she looked great on VS Runway and in High-fashion
Some people treat Karlie as she is a wonder of fashion industry and there were no versatile talented models before
Well they made Chanel an Angel too(was she selling much that Emily Di or others,do you really think so?)
No they just took a popular girl and made her the part of their business
And Emily worked not that much for VS
I think that she needs more chance
There is also a theory that they don`t want her because some think that she resemble Adri too much
I doubt that very much since Sara Sampaio was cast in the show / seems to have an increasing presence on the website.

19-01-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj36 View Post
I don't freaking care what they have. I just know that she doesn't appeal to the majority of girls (actual and potential customers). Yes, they are drooling over how stunning Adri looks, how out of this world gorgeous Emily is and they barely say anything good about Karlie. There is no way Emily would sell worse than Kloss. And body is not the main problem, it's the face, it's not even plain, it's not likable like Barabara's for example, it's smth else. It's one thing when a model does catalogue work from time to time (then it's not such a big deal) and it's a completely different story when you make someone an angel, the girl out of the millions who has to be so special and stunning that you would drop your jaw!

19-01-2013
tfs star

Sara works for them and attended castings twice but she has never walked the show yet
But I don`t believe in this theory too I just read her somewhere

19-01-2013
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweet rus View Post
I don't freaking care what they have. I just . And body is not the main problem, it's the face, it's not even plain, it's not likable like Barabara's for example, it's smth else. It's one thing when a model does catalogue work from time to time (then it's not such a big deal) and it's a completely different story when you make someone an angel, the girl out of the millions who has to be so special and stunning that you would drop your jaw!
I don`t feel alone anymore
Thank you again

19-01-2013
front row

Isn't Emily DiDonato taking classes though? I know she's not in NYC full time. Seems like she has a lot of outside commitments.

19-01-2013
tfs star

Emily doesn`t work a lot,though 2012 year was much better for her then 2011 in professional sense
And about taking classes honestly I doubt she will become an actress though I like her as much as no other model out there

19-01-2013
windowshopping

I feel like the odd one out not minding Karlie getting the contract. I went to VS today and instead of seeing Candice plastered everywhere, it was Barbara and Karlie, and surprisingly (or maybe not for me), I was actually drawn to what Karlie was selling just as much as the displays of Barbara. I might be in the minority, but I really don't think she's a horrible choice for even a model working for/with VS.

19-01-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid In Love View Post
We all know that the question of beauty is subjective
It is not like everybody should think that she is the most gorgeous,but personally I think so:p
And you can`t say that Emily has no inner sparkle and warmth because first there are not many interviews with her and in general she doesn`t work a lot at all and second you don`t know her personally
And I don`t think that her beauty is generic,I think she is something special
exposay.com
Yes Emily is INCREDIBLY stunning but I feel that in recent times Victorias Secret often overlooks the truly conventionally beautiful models , in favour of the more 'girl next door' look which is probably why Emily hasn't been casted..

Which speaking of Barbara is perfect because while she's very beautiful , she also has the type of beauty that is more relatable than say Adriana :p

Last edited by WerbowyStegner; 19-01-2013 at 07:49 PM.

19-01-2013
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBlueRider View Post
Actually, most VS bras are not padded. That's a huge misconception. They have a lot of unlined bras, lightly lined bras, lined demi cups and full coverage bras.
Well, they offer a lot of unlined bras on the website, but in the three stores in the metropolitan area where I live, in store, they don't carry very many unlined bras or non pushup bras. Perhaps it's a regional thing.

I don't mind Karlie for VS. Her pictures for them have gotten amazingly better, and I think she has a standout personality. But that's just me, lol.

19-01-2013
front row

I also don't mind Karlie being added to the stable. Everyone needs to calm down!!! As if you people who are complaining a lot are consumers.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#6, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria