How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

19-01-2013
front row

^ As a male, I doubt you're a consumer either.
I imagine a vast majority of the people who follow this thread, and respectively, Victoria's Secret, are a consumer of the product. As one of those consumers, I can honestly say, advertisements featuring Karlie do not, in any way, inspire me to purchase those products. I think it was a poor choice on VS's part.

20-01-2013
trendsetter

I love her in HF, but I hope that this doesn't really affect her career. I'm so happy that she's an angel. She totally deserves it. She has an amazing personality which I'm sure is what got VS. She's very well spoken. I can see her talking in about every press event VS does.

20-01-2013
front row

I'm a VS costumer and to be honest, at first i hated the idea of Karlie doing VS, mostly because i think she was awful in the 2011 VSFS but she did so much better this year that i decided to give her a chance and she did not let me down, her new VS pictures are amazing (swim, clothing, lingerie, etc) she also looks great in the videos and then there's the fact that she's charming in interviews. I think most of people agrees that Karlie is a great model and she has a solid career and her recent VS work proves that she's versatile enough to go from the most HF magazines/runways to sell you those VS products in two seconds, also I'm sure her interviews will be much better than most of their current Angels, mostly because she's fun, she doesn't sound like an idiot when she's speaking and i personally feel like you can relate to her.

So I'm probably in the minority but I like Karlie better than Candice, Lindsay or Erin. If she was indeed signed as an Angel, I think she will do a great job and i can't wait to see her doing PR events for them.

21-01-2013
V.I.P.

Tbh Yulia Kharlapanova and Andreea Diaconu NEED to walk the show, it's about time two girls with fabulous walks/hair/faces/bodies walk the show

21-01-2013
backstage pass

I'm happy for Karlie, I don't think anyone can actually say they are surprised, we should have seen this coming. I personally feel sort of hit and miss with her work for VS, sometimes it just 'works' whilst other times it falls flat.

Barbara on the other hand I'm thrilled about, she's gorgeous, and just oozes natural sex appeal, I think. :p

A couple of interesting comments about Emily D, someone said maybe they didn't want her because her look is too similar to Adriana's. I find that quite interesting, also keep in mind that Emily replaced Adriana as the face of Maybeline. I've always wondered how much pull the head-angels have over at VS. It's hardly uncommon for an older women to feel threatened by a younger counter part....but i also agree with the comment that Emily doesn't really work that much period, so who knows. :p

....Also they've finally removed Rosie's profile from the official website.

21-01-2013
V.I.P.

they have alot of pull, i would imagine. i doubt that Adriana would feel threatened by ANY other model, but if she did and she voiced it - i'm fairly certain that the other model's time with VS would be pretty much finished before it started. remember back in the day, when Bar was really making it big -- Gisele [allegedly] refused to walk the VSFS if Bar were cast as well, and we all know that Bar has never been on the show.

21-01-2013
front row

Considering how similar Sara Sampaio looks to Adriana, and the amount of work that she's been getting with VS lately, I don't think that was the case with Emily. I imagine it's was a combination of VS not being impressed with her first couple tests with them, and her commitment to modelling. It's a shame that she doesn't work more, but I think that's a personal choice. (:

21-01-2013
front row

Well Sara did start working a lot with VS while Adriana was pregnant so they were not in the catalogues at the same time. We'll see how much VS works Sara gets after Adriana starts working with them again.

Sara has never been casted for the VSFS and with the amounts of catalogue work she did for them in 2012 it's ridiculous that they didn't cast her, i thought she was going to be there for sure, so I started to think that maybe it was because she does look similar to Adriana(to the average men/woman) , but that wouldn't make sense because all the blondes look basically the same (again, to the average men/woman) and they're still there

21-01-2013
tfs star

^ VS honestly makes no sense sometimes with casting the VSFS. I thought for sure Maryna, Arlenis, and Sara Sampaio would walk the show last year. But alas, no. It just makes no sense. Either those girls were booked that day or VS just didn't pick them. In Maryna's case it's even weirder because she has done the show since 2008 and was even working for VS a day after (!!).

I really want VS to sign Nina Agdal now. It's a shame Aerie snagged her. She has the best look I could imagine for VS at the moment.

21-01-2013
V.I.P.

^Maryna was shooting for Victoria's secret ..

I will never stop my campaign for VS to hire Bianca Balti , Daniela De Jesus , Emily Didonato and Mackenzie Hamilton.

Last edited by WerbowyStegner; 21-01-2013 at 10:12 PM.

21-01-2013
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by WerbowyStegner View Post
^Maryna was shooting for Victoria's secret ..
On the day of the show?! What do you mean?

21-01-2013
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel29 View Post
On the day of the show?! What do you mean?
Maryna tweeted a picture of her in hair and make up for VS on the day of the show, some assumed she would be walking and she was backstage but it was for a photoshoot.

22-01-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel29 View Post
^ VS honestly makes no sense sometimes with casting the VSFS. I thought for sure Maryna, Arlenis, and Sara Sampaio would walk the show last year. But alas, no. It just makes no sense. Either those girls were booked that day or VS just didn't pick them. In Maryna's case it's even weirder because she has done the show since 2008 and was even working for VS a day after (!!).

I really want VS to sign Nina Agdal now. It's a shame Aerie snagged her. She has the best look I could imagine for VS at the moment.
Nina is an SI girl (she was voted SI 2012 swimsuit rookie of the year) and VS has a tendency in the last few years of not really using SI girls.
Posted via Mobile Device

22-01-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trends View Post
Nina is an SI girl (she was voted SI 2012 swimsuit rookie of the year) and VS has a tendency in the last few years of not really using SI girls.
Posted via Mobile Device
But Izabel, Hilary Rhoda, Shannan Click and Jasmine Tookes are SI girls!?

Could it be that Nina is the face of Aerie which is growing competition for VS? It is also an American brand so maybe she is contracted with them..maybe it's the same for Cintia?

22-01-2013
V.I.P.

If anything, being an SI girl should give a model a better chance at VS - they're looking for the same aesthetics, except VS goes for a more runway model-esque look than something like Beyonce.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#6, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria