How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
22-01-2013
  646
V.I.P.
 
Juliax's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: Grande Tartarie
Gender: femme
Posts: 6,215
I hope vs will work with Hilary again for their catalogues (and Trentini !).
Shannan better be back too after she has her baby.

Maryna better stay with vs as well. Yep, that would be awesome, thank you

__________________
...Marisa Miller Fans...All things Victoria's Secret...
 
 
22-01-2013
  647
front row
 
Trends's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South Carolina
Gender: homme
Posts: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by theBlueRider View Post
But Izabel, Hilary Rhoda, Shannan Click and Jasmine Tookes are SI girls!?

Could it be that Nina is the face of Aerie which is growing competition for VS? It is also an American brand so maybe she is contracted with them..maybe it's the same for Cintia?
Izzy is an VS girl that has been doing SI for the past two years, Hilary has done SI, and Shannnan and Jasmine has never been in SI. Nina worked for VS in 2011 but for their Pink line. Nina's career has skyrocketed since she did SI in 2012. Nina has also done work for Bare Necessities, Frederick's of Hollywood, and Aerie all which are comeptitors for VS.

__________________
Bar-Barbara P-Behati-Candice-Chanel-Erin H-Kate B-Kate
U-Lindsay E- Miranda- Montana-Nina

Last edited by Trends; 22-01-2013 at 09:04 AM.
 
22-01-2013
  648
front row
 
theBlueRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Gender: femme
Posts: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trends View Post
Izzy is an VS girl that has been doing SI for the past two years, Hilary has done SI, and Shannnan and Jasmine has never been in SI. Nina worked for VS in 2011 but for their Pink line. Nina's career has skyrocketed since she did SI in 2012. Nina has also done work for Bare Necessities, Frederick's of Hollywood, and Aerie all which are comeptitors for VS.
Shannan was in 2011 SI and she did the body paint series. Jasmine did a shoot for Sports Illlustrated and was one of the girls in the 2012 Search--a lot of her exposure comes from that. Although I'm not sure if she got published.

It looks like Nina is considered now the "face of Aerie." I'm guessing that's similar to being a spokesmodel for the brand.
Both Candice and Nina have worked for Bare Necessities but no longer shoot for them.

 
22-01-2013
  649
tfs star
 
Mermaid In Love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: DEEP IN THE OCEAN
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,712
So is Karlie is definitely an angel?

 
22-01-2013
  650
front row
 
Trends's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South Carolina
Gender: homme
Posts: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by theBlueRider View Post
Shannan was in 2011 SI and she did the body paint series. Jasmine did a shoot for Sports Illlustrated and was one of the girls in the 2012 Search--a lot of her exposure comes from that. Although I'm not sure if she got published.

It looks like Nina is considered now the "face of Aerie." I'm guessing that's similar to being a spokesmodel for the brand.
Both Candice and Nina have worked for Bare Necessities but no longer shoot for them.
Thanks for clarifying that about Shannan and Jasmine. SI 2011 was the first issue I missed since 2006. Shannan has worked and walked for VS before her SI work. Jasmine's SI work may have not be published and she didn't appear in the 2012 issue. I still say that VS doesn't cast or work too many SI models. Marisa was the last model to been and VS Angel and SI covergirl. Anne V, Kate Upton, Jessica White, Selita Ebanks. and Irina Shayk has worked for both of them. You could make the case that it was SI using some VS girls for at two of them (Selita, Anne V).

__________________
Bar-Barbara P-Behati-Candice-Chanel-Erin H-Kate B-Kate
U-Lindsay E- Miranda- Montana-Nina
 
22-01-2013
  651
front row
 
theBlueRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Gender: femme
Posts: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trends View Post
Thanks for clarifying that about Shannan and Jasmine. SI 2011 was the first issue I missed since 2006. Shannan has worked and walked for VS before her SI work. Jasmine's SI work may have not be published and she didn't appear in the 2012 issue. I still say that VS doesn't cast or work too many SI models. Marisa was the last model to been and VS Angel and SI covergirl. Anne V, Kate Upton, Jessica White, Selita Ebanks. and Irina Shayk has worked for both of them. You could make the case that it was SI using some VS girls for at two of them (Selita, Anne V).
I think it's great when there is a model who can reach out to a broad range of clients from SI, VS and the commercial-fashion stuff. Heidi Klum is such an icon and people associate that name with VS. Same with Tyra. In a way, SI helps VS and VS helps SI with those types of girls.

But I also don't think there are "VS girls" as much as there are models who become contracted Angels and models who have done some type of work for VS. The other girls who have done some type of work for VS are just models who are free to book with whichever client based on ability. Some of the girls walking in the VSFS don't/would never do the catalog etc. I don't think it's totally exclusive.

Also, it just occurred to me that Jessica Hart is an SI girl and VS has been using her a lot.
Jessica Perez also did some catalog work for VS and she does SI as well.
I don't know if this counts but Candice Swanepoel did SI early in her career but for the South African edition.

 
22-01-2013
  652
V.I.P.
 
@~PinkCouture~@'s Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2006
Gender: femme
Posts: 5,351

 
22-01-2013
  653
front row
 
MissLimaVzla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Caracas, Venezuela
Gender: femme
Posts: 424
I think the main reason why Nina Agdal does not work with VS it's because she is Aerie's #1 girl, she was doing Pink at first but once she started doing Aerie it was over. Now she's doing Aerie & almost no other lingerie work, she still works with a dozen of swimsuit companies though. But honestly i think that just as Bar, Irina & Kate Upton, Nina will be one of those girls who's name will keep coming out in VS threads but she'll never work for them again which sucks because I'd love to see her working more with VS, i specially think she would kill it for the mainline

 
23-01-2013
  654
front row
 
Trends's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: South Carolina
Gender: homme
Posts: 257
Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLimaVzla View Post
I think the main reason why Nina Agdal does not work with VS it's because she is Aerie's #1 girl, she was doing Pink at first but once she started doing Aerie it was over. Now she's doing Aerie & almost no other lingerie work, she still works with a dozen of swimsuit companies though. But honestly i think that just as Bar, Irina & Kate Upton, Nina will be one of those girls who's name will keep coming out in VS threads but she'll never work for them again which sucks because I'd love to see her working more with VS, i specially think she would kill it for the mainline
Given the mindset of the current regime that's over VS when it comes to casting choices/models they choose to put the spotlight on, IMO Nina is better off doing Aerie.

__________________
Bar-Barbara P-Behati-Candice-Chanel-Erin H-Kate B-Kate
U-Lindsay E- Miranda- Montana-Nina
 
23-01-2013
  655
front row
 
theBlueRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Gender: femme
Posts: 491
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trends View Post
Given the mindset of the current regime that's over VS when it comes to casting choices/models they choose to put the spotlight on, IMO Nina is better off doing Aerie.
You have a good point. Aerie is quickly becoming a huge competition for VS. Aerie targets VS' prime demographic and is doing a really good job at diversifying appeal.

It could be a good thing to be a face of something that is about to explode.

I like seeing models working for SI and VS concurrently. Usually those models have a certain type of appeal and they know how to "work it." Maybe it's because they're "body models" so they know their business better than a FW try the same work. For instance, Izabel's recent catalog shoot with VS blows other girls out of the water.

 
23-01-2013
  656
front row
 
MissLimaVzla's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Caracas, Venezuela
Gender: femme
Posts: 424
That is true, if Aerie keeps growing Nina will see the benefits. She already has SI & now she's having a SuperBowl commercial all to herself which is going to give her more publicity that what VS could ever do. It's safe to say she doesn't need VS at all, but I'd still like to see her doing the show though

& i agree about girls doing SI & VS concurrently, i enjoy seeing the girls doing both things

 
23-01-2013
  657
fashion elite
 
DanceFashionista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: RU
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,528
I don't see any sexiness in Karlie to be honest I'd rather see Porno Kate doing VS than Karlie. VS has some odd choices in models for their brand, but to each their own. She has 0 sexiness appeal. She tries to hard with her demon glare and fake smile. Nina would be a great choice, but yeah she doesn't need VS at all, and height doesn't matter apparently because Palvin is not very tall.. Maryna should be an angel over Karlie she is sexy and has that appeal and people wanna be her, and not to mention that face and her body 20x better than Karlie's . I look at Karlie and eh don't wanna be her. I can't believe they pick her over Toni and Maryna.

__________________
Hilary, Toni, Maryna
 
23-01-2013
  658
front row
 
theBlueRider's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Gender: femme
Posts: 491
So all this talk about Barbara and Karlie...
What's going on with Lais? There were rumors she was going to be signed on as an Angel. She has a killer killer body and not to mention she's a mom!

There were also rumors about Kate working for VS again...I guess we'll see what happens this year.

 
24-01-2013
  659
tfs star
 
Mermaid In Love's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: DEEP IN THE OCEAN
Gender: femme
Posts: 1,712
Quote:
Originally Posted by DanceFashionista View Post
I don't see any sexiness in Karlie to be honest I'd rather see Porno Kate doing VS than Karlie. VS has some odd choices in models for their brand, but to each their own. She has 0 sexiness appeal. She tries to hard with her demon glare and fake smile.I look at Karlie and eh don't wanna be her. I can't believe they pick her over Toni and Maryna.

So there is a chance that PornoKate will start work with Vs again?
Honestly I prefer this vulgar woman to Karlie,but if they both will be in VS business it will be too much

 
24-01-2013
  660
fashion elite
 
DanceFashionista's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: RU
Gender: femme
Posts: 2,528
Lais is way more beautiful than Karlie and has put more work in VS than Karlie she also should be an angel above her. She has sex appeal and is stunning and her body compared to Karlie's? uh there is none.

__________________
Hilary, Toni, Maryna
 
Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#6, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria
Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"


 
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:16 PM.
Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
TheFashionSpot.com is a property of TotallyHer Media, LLC, an Evolve Media LLC company. ©2014 All rights reserved.