How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

31-01-2013
tfs star

So do you think Karlie has an aura of VS Angel?

31-01-2013
V.I.P.

what i think is that Karlie has the aura of a STAR. and look at her pics for VS Swim 2013; she is fresh and exciting and gives off such energy and fun. plus, her body looks great and her hair is different than the other girls, etc. she stands out.

so -- in summary, YES, Karlie has the aura of a VS Angel. a different kind of aura, perhaps, from the sexbombs of the past - but i think she's the smartest casting decision they've made in a while.

31-01-2013
scenester

I think Karlie is majorly overrated tbh.

31-01-2013
fashion insider

Karlie doesn't have the aura of a VS Angel. She is very overrated anyone can pretend to be bubbly and she has the worse body of the bunch the new hair makes her look at least 30.
Posted via Mobile Device

31-01-2013
V.I.P.

lol@ people saying bregje's face and body is average are you insane!? her body is ****in hot and her face is stunning... just looks at #702she looks even better than Candice, and I'm a biggest Candice's fan=) but facts are facts!

plus, I like Karlie and Barbara both for VS, as I've said on her thread ,Karlie is a breath of fresh air for VS and most important, she has a star power that reminds me of the amazing Gisele. as for Barbara, she's so pretty but lacks of personality.

and sorry Nina Agdal is gorgeous but imo, there's something vulgar and cheap on her and reminds me so much of Kate Upton. and that is NOT a good accomplished¬¬

Last edited by rockangel; 31-01-2013 at 03:53 PM.

31-01-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockangel View Post
lol@ people saying bregje's face and body is average are you insane!? her body is ****in hot and her face is stunning... just looks at #702she looks even better than Candice, and I'm a biggest Candice's fan=) but facts are facts!
No its not a fact, its just your opinion - just like everyone else has theirs.
And taste. And the meaning of stunning.

Actually there are many people who can look stunning at certain angles. Bregje is no exception. In that above pic she does look hot, but then in others - no so much. Thats fine. She's human, not a magic woman.

Although its not so much her looks , she just doesnt bring anything unique to the brand. Sure, pretty, blonde, nice body, awesome, right. But thats not enough for a true vs angel. Although wait, nowadays anyone can be one anyways, so whatever.

happycandaian - well said as always, and yep, Karlie reminds me of Gisele as far as that power and star quality and just that presence, wow.

Among so many pretty but boring blondes (Toni, Erin, Lindsay, Bregje, etc) she definitely stands out in a great way and makes things more exciting.

31-01-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanceFashionista View Post
Karlie doesn't have the aura of a VS Angel. She is very overrated anyone can pretend to be bubbly and she has the worse body of the bunch the new hair makes her look at least 30.
Posted via Mobile Device
Most of us spend so much time complaining about how young the models look and then when one starts to look older we complain they look too old. Either way, VS can't win.

Tbh Karlie's grown on me a lot. I think she'll be good for VS.

31-01-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie02 View Post
Tbh Karlie's grown on me a lot. I think she'll be good for VS.
Same.
When Karlie started VS I was one of the first to spit on it because to me she has absolutely no sexiness.
But... but... even if she still don't have much sexual vibe, i realize that she does not have to, others can fill that place (Miranda is good a constant flirting during interviews, Candice can show sexiness whenever she wants as well). She has charisma and it is good for the brand because even is Candice is impossibly gorgeous, she is not the most charismatic personality out there. Erin/Lindey/Lily/Lais/Doutzen are not the most charismatic angels either (remember Gisele, Tyra, Heidi?)
I think she looks nice in latest pictures and even on the runway so I can't complain about her and I think she will look even better in few years.

Barbara kinda scream SEX to me. She might look a bit... cheap (?) sometimes but same as Karlie, I think she is a great addition to the line-up and she brings something that the other latest girls could not bring.

I still feel that Lily is neither jaw-drapping nor super interesting or fun and I would rather have a Karlie/Barbara anytime than her or Lindsey.

and for Bregje I think she has a "like it or hate it" kind of face and I personally find her absolutely not attractive. But really my opinion, not a fact.

Last edited by Larek; 31-01-2013 at 08:38 PM.

01-02-2013
tfs star

I understand that beauty and sexyness are in the eye of the beholder,(many people think that Kate Upton is sexy,but I find her tacky and so on )but there are must be at least some standards
Honestly Karlie is good model,but people treat her like the 8th wonder of the world
Like before her there were no talented models at all
If she brings something new to Vs,it is plain and cheap looking photos,because she LOOK like an average american female in her 30-s,but only very tall and slim
She looks like she can be other girls`aunt
The one thing is too look mature like Stephanie Seymour and Helena Christensen and the other one is too look worn out when you are young girl
source VS Angels fanpage in VK com

Last edited by Mermaid In Love; 01-02-2013 at 06:59 AM.

01-02-2013
windowshopping

Karlie is a star. She definitly not has the best body or face, but her personality makes it up for it. And maybe men want to see the perfect body like candice on billboards, in real life there are more women like Karlie with not the perfect body then Candices in the world. For a woman it's not only about looking up to a model but also about relate to a model. Karlie imo represents that type of model.

Last edited by vanpersie; 01-02-2013 at 07:23 AM.

01-02-2013
tfs star

I am woman and I prefer seeing someone in VS with unattainable beauty and perfect features
If Vs is going this route,It shouldn`t call its angels bombshells but maybe your next-door aunt
And I don`t think that Karlie personality is something special
But of course she is a star-she is put in every editorial and everybody tells the public how great,perfect and classic she is

01-02-2013
V.I.P.

have to agree, Karlie to me has that girl next door look, cute perky, but not someone i want to see for VS, her body is long lean, a dancers body as ive said before, more suited for HF, NOT VS, no matter how many try to preach the merits of having her at VS. when i think of VS i think Exotic, and in the past years they have fallen very short of that, yes Erin, lindsey Behati etc are cute, but not that exotic they use to have with Gisele, Karolina, Adriana Etc, now its that bottle blond, nothing speical. As for Kate i hope VS doesnt use her, Yes she is getting alot of play, and has crossed over into all the big magazines but she comes off to raw for me, to much in your face sex, you can be sexy but in a classy way. Sighs I hope VS turns it around, because I'm not a huge blond fan, but Edita, Magda, Anna V, Maryna, Douzten, even Candice are more of the type i like in VS, for dark hair Adriana, Alessandra, Isabelli F, Isabella G etc, lily is cute in a sweet way, i LOVE Sara Sampiano, she has that look that could really cross her over in time, i DONT care for barb at all, she is TRYING way to hard, Hilary is gorg, but doesnt scream overly sexy to me, more just classy, Emily D though would be great for them as well, Stunning IMO, lastly Berjie, i think she has a great look, but needs major help on the facial expressions.

01-02-2013
fashion insider

Karlie doesn't scream Star to me either what about her is starpower? Her personality? Yeah so she is bubbly I can be that way as well. Not taking anything from her she has done great things. She just to me is not a VS Angel material!
Posted via Mobile Device

01-02-2013
front row

I agree with what LittleMsSunshine said.

The VS models who everyone starts to obsess over (like Candice, Adriana, Gisele, Tyra, Heidi, Helena, Daniela) were exotic and unique. They had an ambiguous quality in a sexy way which made people think "Where is she from???" It's a little bit inspirational, aspirational, admiral and fantasy...just like high fashion models.

Unique and exotic is what makes a model, high fashion or commercial, memorable to the everyday guy who goes to the sports bar in Kentucky and the woman who shops at the Mall of America to the woman who shops at Barneys New York.

That said, I'm not against Karlie. She can do VS if she wants and they want. But stop trying to make her out to be some type of scintillating Aphrodite-Sex Symbol (ahem, Gisele Bundchen) because it comes across as delusional and desperate. She's more of "that dorky girl next door from St. Louis who did ballet and became a model. Oh she did VS? Oh cool."

01-02-2013
front row

Oh Karlie looks all kinds of wrong in that picture in #714.

....I think it's the hair, it might be good for HF but for VS it's just a mess. Literally.

Miranda & Lily look gorgeous, as per.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#6, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria