How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

01-02-2013
V.I.P.

I kind of like Karlie the same way I kind of liked Gisele. I've NEVER thought Gisele B. was beautiful, but I have always respected her as a model because she knew how to pose and move - that girl knew her angels. I feel the same way about Karlie; she has a certain presence and knows her angels. I still think she needs more work, it still feels like she is trying to be sexy versus it just coming naturally to her, but that can come with time.

if anything else, I don't know why people are complaining about the way she looks, VS photoshops boobs onto every model. that plus she knows how to pose, she may be unstoppable for VS

01-02-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantastical View Post
I kind of like Karlie the same way I kind of liked Gisele. I've NEVER thought Gisele B. was beautiful, but I have always respected her as a model because she knew how to pose and move - that girl knew her angels. I feel the same way about Karlie; she has a certain presence and knows her angels. I still think she needs more work, it still feels like she is trying to be sexy versus it just coming naturally to her, but that can come with time.

if anything else, I don't know why people are complaining about the way she looks, VS photoshops boobs onto every model. that plus she knows how to pose, she may be unstoppable for VS
That's actually not true. I do professional retouching from time to time and can tell what was done and what hasn't. A lot of the girls really do have natural cleavage.
In candids, backstage pics on shoots, at the VSFS, you can see that Lily, Doutzen, Miranda, Lais, Candice, Adriana, Erin look the same/have the same cleavage as their catalog photos. Yes, they are wearing the bras but it's not photoshop, that's them, their actual tissue.

01-02-2013
V.I.P.

^Isn't it enhanced a little though?

01-02-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by WerbowyStegner View Post
^Isn't it enhanced a little though?
To be honest, I go through pretty much all the pictures when they come out and for the most part the chests are not retouched. If you watch the VSFS, a lot of the girls have the same cleavage.

01-02-2013
V.I.P.

Not always digitally enhanced but physically. They put silicone inserts in the bras of some of the models. There's a VS behind the scenes video from a few years back with Ale where you can see her putting inserts into her bra before the photo shoot. Also, there's a picture of Morgane Dubled on the runway of one of the VSFS where you can clearly see she has inserts.

01-02-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by @~PinkCouture~@ View Post
Not always digitally enhanced but physically. They put silicone inserts in the bras of some of the models. There's a VS behind the scenes video from a few years back with Ale where you can see her putting inserts into her bra before the photo shoot. Also, there's a picture of Morgane Dubled on the runway of one of the VSFS where you can clearly see she has inserts.
Yes, but it takes a certain amount of tissue for that to work and wouldn't work without it. The shadows and creases in the catalog is made from their own flesh, not drawn on.

01-02-2013
tfs star

^Those shadows and creases are also made by wearing multiple bras, and the biggest factor, makeup. Contouring, anyone?

01-02-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrllaless View Post
^Those shadows and creases are also made by wearing multiple bras, and the biggest factor, makeup. Contouring, anyone?
They're not wearing multiple bras...
Contouring can only go so far..
Seriously, I think we underestimate some of these girls like Lily, Erin, Lais, Adriana, Candice.
Have you ever tried on the Very Sexy push up or the Dream Angels push up or even the Dream Angels demi?

01-02-2013
backstage pass

I've seen pictures of Candice topless. If there's any angel who benefits from the super padded, chicken cutlet, photoshop treatment, then it's her. For sure.

02-02-2013
V.I.P.

From VS' Official Pinterest:
Quote:
Is that a V-Day Cupid or is it Angel Karlie?

pinterest.com/victoriassecret

02-02-2013
fashion elite

Looks like Julie Andrews Sounds of Music not VS
Posted via Mobile Device

02-02-2013
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBlueRider View Post
Have you ever tried on the Very Sexy push up or the Dream Angels push up or even the Dream Angels demi?
Yes, actually I have. And literally 3/4 of those bras is simply padding at the bottom of the bra, a lot of padding. It's like your boob is just sitting on top of a shelf.

It's one of my gripes with VS as an actual customer. Most of their bras in store (at least in the four stores in the city where I live) are push up, ridiculously so. The amounts of padding in some of the bras, smh. That add two cups one? The entire cup is basically filled with padding, the entire cup, and again, your boob just sits on top.

You'll note, some of the pics where the Angels have their 'best' cleavage, they're wearing one of those bras.

02-02-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrllaless View Post
Yes, actually I have. And literally 3/4 of those bras is simply padding at the bottom of the bra, a lot of padding. It's like your boob is just sitting on top of a shelf.

It's one of my gripes with VS as an actual customer. Most of their bras in store (at least in the four stores in the city where I live) are push up, ridiculously so. The amounts of padding in some of the bras, smh. That add two cups one? The entire cup is basically filled with padding, the entire cup, and again, your boob just sits on top.

You'll note, some of the pics where the Angels have their 'best' cleavage, they're wearing one of those bras.
Yes, that's called bump padding but it requires real tissue for it to work.

Most of their bras actually aren't push up but stores tend to push the push-up bras more than the other ones because of the higher retail price.

Have you tried on the dream angels demi? It's not a push-up, only lightly lined/contoured, but gives great cleavage and a lot of the girls are wearing this one in the VSFS and Candice's photos in this one are not retouched and she looks the same in backstage and VSFS pics.
It's the underwire and boning in the bras that takes the tissue from the sides, underneath the armpits, from the back and puts it front and center...that's what a bra is supposed to do anyway. A bra isn't supposed to be a sling, or just "cup" over the chest, it's supposed to give support which meaning bringing all the tissue together. This is why it bothers me when people criticize some of the models' bodies based on pictures because bra fitting is more complicated than just eyeing someone up and down. There's also a notion that bras are just supposed to be a cloth covering the chest but there's so much more to it.

03-02-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanceFashionista View Post
Looks like Julie Andrews Sounds of Music not VS
Posted via Mobile Device
OMG you are so right - introducing Fraulein Karlie!

03-02-2013
fashion elite

^ Mary Poppins Kloss
Posted via Mobile Device

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#6, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria