How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

04-02-2013
tfs star

Probably Vs just needs a nanny for their angels

04-02-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanceFashionista View Post
Looks like Julie Andrews Sounds of Music not VS
Posted via Mobile Device
So true

04-02-2013
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by fantastical View Post
I kind of like Karlie the same way I kind of liked Gisele. I've NEVER thought Gisele B. was beautiful, but I have always respected her as a model because she knew how to pose and move - that girl knew her angels. I feel the same way about Karlie; she has a certain presence and knows her angels. I still think she needs more work, it still feels like she is trying to be sexy versus it just coming naturally to her, but that can come with time.
I feel the same way. Eventhough they are two completely different models, I can see some similarities in how I think of them. They both caught my attention very early in their careers (well, Gisele was more established by then, but I remember her after mid 90s on), and my first thought about both of them was "what is the bigg fuss with her?".

Soon I noticed something draws me by their pictures and runway presence is notable for Gisele and Karlie, though Gisele is so natural on runway I don`t think anyone can beat that. They aren`t the most beautiful, sexy, curvy or cute (Adriana, Alessandra, Tyra, Miranda, all they have strong definition on their beauty), but as whole they have ability to outshine anybody.

Even now when I am able to admit I really appreciate Karlie (), I still think she has growing up to do with VS, but with her whole package I can`t see reason why she wouldn`t be a big & long-term name with VS. I am the biggest fan of old and older school Victoria`s Secret Angels, but when world must go on, Karlie is... well... talented option.

And now if only they got their other sh!t together with dozens of blondes Okay, I won`t go there again any further, but I erlier on the thread I mentioned how I liked when the angels were group of very different looking individuals, they sort of looked like The Spice Girls of the lingerie models (that shot in candy color underwear with Gisele, Karolina, Ale, Adri, even Selita...) Someone else mentioned this too. I have nothing against Toni, Lindsay, Erin, Bregje and so on, but do they really need to gather all the blondes at the same time. I think Karlie is refreshing actually with this crowd.

04-02-2013
V.I.P.

From Lily's twitter:

twitter.com/LilyAldridge

05-02-2013
V.I.P.

some gifs i made from the Vday card promo, source of vid, youtube

06-02-2013
V.I.P.

Sara Sampiao & Elsa Hosk for VS, gif by me, source of vide youtube

09-02-2013
tfs star

As you can see from this bts shot of Karlie, she has the same cleavage as she does in the catalogs, so it's not just photoshop.

twitter.com/monsgrueninger via Lovemusic22

09-02-2013
V.I.P.

^That shot looks like it's from the early 90's. And I actually like her hair.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by vivaglam; 09-02-2013 at 09:11 AM.

09-02-2013
V.I.P.

^^ she is almost completely flat.. it's just push-up's magic and putting the breasts in the right position

09-02-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRANCY ITALY View Post
^^ she is almost completely flat.. it's just push-up's magic and putting the breasts in the right position
By flat do you mean having no breast tissue? A good amount of breast tissue is needed for a push-up's magic. A push up can't work with hard tissue.

Girl talk here, all breasts come in different shapes and distributions so it's not really accurate to say someone's size based on sight. Some girls have more tissue on the sides, some see more effects of gravity etc. Breasts are not supposed to look like balls and they're not supposed to stick out of the chest like a shelf--those are unnatural and unrealistic misconceptions in society today.

09-02-2013
tfs star

^What's with you and the word tissue? Yes clearly women have breast tissue. If they didn't, it would look rather nasty to have blood/organs exposed.

Anyway, I'm kinda dissapointed with this year's V-Day event for VS. Last year they had Adriana, Doutzen, Lindsay. This year it was only Lily and Candice. Where are all the older angels at?

09-02-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel29 View Post
^What's with you and the word tissue? Yes clearly women have breast tissue. If they didn't, it would look rather nasty to have blood/organs exposed.

Anyway, I'm kinda dissapointed with this year's V-Day event for VS. Last year they had Adriana, Doutzen, Lindsay. This year it was only Lily and Candice. Where are all the older angels at?
I had to use that term because it's anatomically correct and gets the point across better than using slang. The fact that someone called a model "flat" implies that she just has skin on top of bones and nothing else which isn't true. There's no such thing as "flat." I'm not sure if the previous poster has tried on bras before and knows what works and what doesn't with underwire and graduated bump padding.

09-02-2013
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel29 View Post
Well, if women didn't have tissue, they'd still have skin to keep those organs/blood from being exposed, although since the skin is considered an organ, I guess the organs are exposed anyway, lol.

The point is Karlie proves that the VS push-up bras do what they're intended to so. Perhaps that's appealing to women who want those type of bras to do exactly that.

09-02-2013
V.I.P.

i think due to Lima having the baby she couldnt be there for the shoot, as of Douzten & Aless there is NO excuse for not having them promos

10-02-2013
V.I.P.

I don't know if the word "flat" is correct, but based on this pic of Karlie that's the only word i can say.. this proves what i was saying above, that the magic of the bras/position + extra things inside the bras can create a miracle for sure

official versace facebook

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#6, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria