How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

10-02-2013
V.I.P.

Putting in my two cents- It seems like VS has moved toward the tall, high fashion look the last few years, and the fact that Karlie and even Erin Heatherton don't have the bombshell look of someone like Lara Stone only shows they do not want the old style look anymore...Breaking down these stunning and very in demand models for whatever their parts may be or not be sort of ignores the point that VS is selling this look these days...

Last edited by Boomer; 10-02-2013 at 02:09 PM.

10-02-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Putting in my two cents- It seems like VS has moved toward the tall, high fashion look the last few years, and the fact that Karlie and even Erin Heatherton don't have the bombshell look of someone like Lara Stone only shows they do not want the old style look anymore...Breaking down these stunning and very in demand models for whatever their parts may be or not be sort of ignores the point that VS is selling this look these days...
I think that's only true if you narrow in on Karlie and a few other select girls.

If you look at the entire dynamic, it looks like they're trying to get a little something here and a little something there.
Because I don't see how your theory would work with their love of Barbara.
Barbara reminds me of old school Angels. So does Sara Sampiao, Elsa Hosk, Shanina Shaik, Lais and not to mention Candice. There's also Irina Sharipova and Caroline Corinth. Those girls are very femme looking and have exoticism and traditional bombshell qualities.
I mean, VS used Omahyra Mota in their shows before. So there's not a huge deviation now with their taste. It's all over the board and who is available.

10-02-2013
V.I.P.

Good points, but Candice is far from a Pam Anderson even now, in fact closer to Erin I would say!! And my dearest Maggie Rizer (who is a doll in real life, BTW) did things for VS a way back, and if you have ever seen her naked photos; let's just say she was never Playmate material... In any case- Viva la Difference!!

10-02-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boomer View Post
Good points, but Candice is far from a Pam Anderson even now, in fact closer to Erin I would say!! And my dearest Maggie Rizer (who is a doll in real life, BTW) did things for VS a way back, and if you have ever seen her naked photos; let's just say she was never Playmate material... In any case- Viva la Difference!!
Pam Anderson is very very far from the VS aesthetic. I don't think VS would even consider looking at the portfolio of a model who is in the same realm as Pam Anderson. The old school VS models are not even close to being Playmate material...VS models are more expensive looking.

Candice reminds me of Karen Mulder, Claudia Schiffer, Daniela Pestova, Karolina Kurkova...same archetype (exotic, doll-like ethereal blond) and her body is a throwback to Yasmeen Ghauri. Erin actually reminds me of a toned down version of Marisa Miller-they're both malibu California freckled faced cuties with button noses.

Although they don't look alike, Sara Sampiao has the same mystique and exoticism as Helena Christensen.
And even though Barbara looks nothing like Laetitia, they have something very very similar going on.

11-02-2013
V.I.P.

so totally annoyed is there ANY news concerning Adriana Lima for VS, ive seen nothing or heard nothing, is she even planned on doing anything anymore?

13-02-2013
tfs star

So Emily Didonto for SI Swim...maybe that is what conflicted her with walking VS? Or working with them more?

13-02-2013
V.I.P.

Emily is stunning VS is totally missing out on not using her

13-02-2013
tfs star

As I understand,Emily definitely won`t work with VS in the future because of SI,wright?

13-02-2013
tfs star

That's usually how it works. Girls very rarely start with SI and merge over to VS. It's usually the other way around (Izabel Goulart, Selita).

13-02-2013
front row

Ever since the whole Kate Upton and Sophia N thing happened everyone thinks that models who shoot for VS and SI have to be mutually exclusive. But that's not true at all!!!

VS is using girls who started out in SI like Jasmine Tookes, Jessica Perez, Hilary Rhoda, Kate Bock and not to mention their latest Pink Ambassador Jessica Hart(whose claim to fame is basically a SI girl up until this point).

I'm not saying Emily DiDonato will work for VS again but I don't think it's logical to completely eliminate anyone who has worked for SI. I can see Kirby Griffin or even Michelle Vawer, for instance, generating interest. But I can confidently say someone like Genevieve Morton doesn't fit the VS look.

Last edited by theBlueRider; 13-02-2013 at 01:03 PM.

13-02-2013
front row

SI rookies Hannah Davis and Kate Bock has also work before with VS. My problem with VS is with some of the models they have choose to focus on over other models in the last 2 years.
Posted via Mobile Device

Last edited by Trends; 13-02-2013 at 01:15 PM.

13-02-2013
V.I.P.

OMG Trends i so agree, i feel lately Aless, Douzten, Adriana, have been put on the back burner, all the focus is on Karlie, Barb, Lily/Candice/Bee have been around for a while so i dont count them, but to push the others back is just wrong, granted i get that their older, but heck Adriana lima looks younger than erin/Lindsey, yet the last we saw her was on the Runway show, for shame VS. Bring back that Classic VS bombshell, i'm sooo tired of the way there going, if i have to see one more promo/photoshoot with Barb & Karlie making love to the camera ill, well you know, they DONT scream sexy to me, i dont see a "spark" in ether even though i see it written they have that "it" factor, sorry i just dont see it. My love of Adriana aside, i just feel VS has really fallen short of what they used to be.

Last edited by LittleMsSunshine; 13-02-2013 at 01:46 PM.

13-02-2013
front row

LittleMissSunshine, Adriana really does look fresher than the actual new/fresh models. She still has the plumpness in her lips and smoothness/softness in her face that goes away quickly with a lot of models. I would even go as far and say she looks in better condition (better skin, less sun damage, supple looking) than Erin, Lindsay, Karlie and Sara Sampiao.

13-02-2013
V.I.P.

I know she does, she really takes care of herself, she like miranda kerr, are really into excerise eatting right, & taking really good care of their skin, and i will say, having kids keeps you young, i have one of my own, & she really helps me lollllllllllllllllllll granted both Alessandra & douzten have kids as well, heck id say, the VS vets look better then their younger counter parts, but thats my opinion, Barb doesnt count because she looks like a 12 year old, sorry I dont care for her for VS

Last edited by LittleMsSunshine; 13-02-2013 at 02:07 PM.

13-02-2013
backstage pass

I think Barbara is intended to grow in VS
I love Adri but she probably won't do VS forever, especially after 2 kids
so they have to find new girls and I personally think Barbara should grow old quite nicely

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#6, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria