How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

14-02-2013
V.I.P.

We'll see i just dont care for her, I'm not saying she isnt cute, i think VS pink is better suited for her right now, maybe as she got older

14-02-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by LittleMsSunshine View Post
OMG Trends i so agree, i feel lately Aless, Douzten, Adriana, have been put on the back burner, all the focus is on Karlie, Barb, Lily/Candice/Bee have been around for a while so i dont count them, but to push the others back is just wrong, granted i get that their older, but heck Adriana lima looks younger than erin/Lindsey, yet the last we saw her was on the Runway show, for shame VS. Bring back that Classic VS bombshell, i'm sooo tired of the way there going, if i have to see one more promo/photoshoot with Barb & Karlie making love to the camera ill, well you know, they DONT scream sexy to me, i dont see a "spark" in ether even though i see it written they have that "it" factor, sorry i just dont see it. My love of Adriana aside, i just feel VS has really fallen short of what they used to be.
I realize that Adriana and other older Angels will have to be replaced eventualy but I just feel like there's better alternatives out there. I've loved some photos that Lily/Erin/Lindsay group of Angels have taken but I feel like it's watered down, B-level version on an Angel. I always wanted to Barbara to get a chance to shine but I don't like her recent work. Some of her facial expressions are goofy looking and her photos are one note. Karlie photos have gotten better, a she's a pretty good spokesmodel but I just don't like her aesthetic for VS.
Posted via Mobile Device

14-02-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trends View Post
I realize that Adriana and other older Angels will have to be replaced eventualy but I just feel like there's better alternatives out there.
Posted via Mobile Device
That I agree with.

14-02-2013
V.I.P.

true it will be a sad day when they do, but i do understand that happens, as love to see them look for some truely stunning girls, heres to hoping for the best

14-02-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Adriana lima looks younger than erin/Lindsey, yet the last we saw her was on the Runway show
Didn't Lima just do a VSX launch with Erin a couple of weeks ago?
Posted via Mobile Device

14-02-2013
V.I.P.

yes but thats just a appearance, id love to see her in a promo, or new VS Pics

14-02-2013
front row

Barbara's photos for The Designer Collection were some of the best photos I've seen from VS in a very long time. I don't think she is suitable for Pink as Pink is very girl-next-door, athletic, collegiate and Barbara just spells out glamour and romance. I can't see her in Converse sneakers and those bralettes with athletic numbers and logos.
I'd like to see her for the Dream Angels line. I wish they would bring back the Glamour line because she would be perfect for it.

15-02-2013
backstage pass

May I say I love how they use behati for the swimwear this year?
http://youtu.be/tsce1ePQUeE

she's the perfect beach girl. Yeah she does not have Candice body but she looks so much fun all the time.

16-02-2013
V.I.P.

I saw her promo I was impressed, she looked stuning very sexy even, totally agree with u larek

19-02-2013
backstage pass

I can understand VS's reasoning for pushing the other younger girls, the likes of Lima, Ambrosio & Kroes will all leave at some point and when they do the younger girls will likely take their place so it makes sense to give them as much exposure now so that when the time comes the general public is familiar with them. I don't think they'll ever be household names like the older girls but it's better than nothing.

...I'm not that surprised Adriana isn't doing that much promo. I honestly do think she looked really rough at last years show.

I feel as though she should have just sat that one out and let Lily & Ale have their post baby moment & come back in 2013 and just shut it down like she normally does.

19-02-2013
V.I.P.

i can agree & disagree here, i love her & love seeing her, and would have missed her had she not been there, but she was not at her peak, i think she looked fab after just having the baby, but i feel she needed more time to get back into fighting form, before hitting the VS show again.

19-02-2013
front row

I think karlie is great for VS shes sexy and very confident. BUT!!! Vs needs to stop casting so many girls and start casting more women!! Their will never be another Adrianna so I hope they are not trying that with Lily or Barbara
Posted via Mobile Device

20-02-2013
V.I.P.

if we go with the casting "women" theroy, then most of them wouldnt even be picked, sara barb lily karlie and some others dont even have that grown up look, they need to go back to the old play book, and really pick who is exotic, that "it" girl that isnt the "girl" of the moment or someone who is the industries fave

20-02-2013
front row

Quote:
if we go with the casting "women" theroy, then most of them wouldnt even be picked, sara barb lily karlie and some others dont even have that grown up look, they need to go back to the old play book, and really pick who is exotic, that "it" girl that isnt the "girl" of the moment or someone who is the industries fave
This is true. I think the casting process is difficult in general now because agencies just don't sign on exotic ethereal girls with bombshell bodies--that look really isn't in demand in other types of work even though it is the "VS look." I mean, if you look at the girls who have momentum on the runways now like Marine, Sam, etc...they don't fit VS but that is the look agencies are scouting.

I also don't understand the complaints about age/young versus "women" theory. Many of the original Angels started working for VS at a very very young age. They were practically babies but the make up back then was thicker and matte and they made them look older. Laetitia Casta was 16!

20-02-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBlueRider View Post
This is true. I think the casting process is difficult in general now because agencies just don't sign on exotic ethereal girls with bombshell bodies--that look really isn't in demand in other types of work even though it is the "VS look." I mean, if you look at the girls who have momentum on the runways now like Marine, Sam, etc...they don't fit VS but that is the look agencies are scouting.

I also don't understand the complaints about age/young versus "women" theory. Many of the original Angels started working for VS at a very very young age. They were practically babies but the make up back then was thicker and matte and they made them look older. Laetitia Casta was 16!
You're right, I guess what I mean is regardless of age VS needs to start casting bombshells. I walked past maud welzen in nyc and my heart skipped a beat because at that moment I realized VS is casting girls that are not classic VS women. She looks very ordinary. Vs needs more girls like the classic ones.
Posted via Mobile Device

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#6, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria