How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

28-02-2013
V.I.P.

Remember when Adriana and Ale did that Brasilian show that wasn't supposed to be a lingerie show but looked suspiciously like one (replete with wings)? VS asked the girls to not be a part of that tour anymore. I wonder if there is the same restriction on a show like Etam? Not sure what Lais' angel status is. But there were several (Liu Wen, Isebali, Edita) who are VS regulars, too. Would this affect future casting?

28-02-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleathquakes View Post
Remember when Adriana and Ale did that Brasilian show that wasn't supposed to be a lingerie show but looked suspiciously like one (replete with wings)? VS asked the girls to not be a part of that tour anymore. I wonder if there is the same restriction on a show like Etam? Not sure what Lais' angel status is. But there were several (Liu Wen, Isebali, Edita) who are VS regulars, too. Would this affect future casting?
I highly highly doubt it because the girls in the Etam show aren't VS Angels. For instance, walking in the VSFS for Liu Wen is just like any other runway show as she doesn't have any type of contract or history doing their print work.
Isabeli and Edita have done tons of swim and lingerie work throughout their career and it doesn't seem to affect their relationship with VS.

Etam is also only available outside the US--only in Europe. VS is primarily American. Behati shot the Princesse Tam Tam (French lingerie) campaign two seasons ago and also did the Seafolly (Australian swimwear) campaign. Candice has shot plenty of non-American swimwear campaigns recently. A lot of times these exclusivity contracts are bound to the regions where the company profits from sales.

28-02-2013
scenester

Well, Etam show was awkward, but lingerie itself was like million times better then what VS gives us. VS doesn't show almost anything new, just same super push-up bras painted in different colors, the rest are just costumes.
Of course, fashion shows aren't supposed to be ''all for wearing'', but there has to be something you could buy! And by saying ''something'', I mean something more then those 5 models of bra.. painted in different colors. Seems that their main purpose is to sell just the idea - ''if you wear our lingerie, you will look as perfect as our models''. Well, not everyone will believe this.
And so there are around ten bras from Etam in my closet, zero from VS ... and I'm a huge fan of lingerie, and lingerie shows...

28-02-2013
front row

^^ That's Victoria's Secret for ya. It's polyester/synthetic/elastane blend heaven. It's really not luxury lingerie as they try to make it seem and I feel sorry for anyone who thinks it is.

Etam is mid-range French lingerie...but the French have a history with lingerie and lace. Victoria's Secret is all about variations on the t-shirt bra...an American thing. They recently released some unlined lacey bras but the construction is nothing more than a nylon mesh sling for the breasts!

With European brands, you'll more likely see lacey, see through type bras, better constructed underwires, different types of constructions (2 part, 3 part, 4 part, 5 part, quarter cut, half cup, 3/4 cut, demi cut, balconette, full coverage etc). It's real design and the really good brands will experiment with lace and fabrics.

But yes, the Etam show was horribly horribly awkward.

01-03-2013
tfs star

Is this only me or Barbara doesn`t work with Vs anymore?

08-03-2013
backstage pass

http://youtu.be/kHL2JJZaI0A

who is she?

edit:
and please let me know how that youtube balise works lol

Last edited by Larek; 08-03-2013 at 06:38 AM.

08-03-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid In Love View Post
Is this only me or Barbara doesn`t work with Vs anymore?
she's still on the website in some photos. and she was in the VS Swim vid that came out in January.

Last edited by littlekiki; 08-03-2013 at 10:35 AM.

08-03-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larek View Post
http://youtu.be/kHL2JJZaI0A

who is she?

edit:
and please let me know how that youtube balise works lol
The models in the video are: Candice Swanepoel, Erin Heatherton and Cris Urena.

You embed the video by putting the video code/ID (usually it is the set of letters & numbers after the "v=" in the long url) between the YouTube code. In this case it would be (without the spaces):
[ yt ] kHL2JJZaI0A [ /yt ]

The results should be...

14-03-2013
tfs star

This picture clearly shows that VS is not comfortable yet with exposing Karlie's body.

A bit of a problem when you are supposed to be selling LINGERIE and SWIM.

popsugar.com

14-03-2013
fashion elite

^Or they are trying to show a variety of swim products to entice the public to shop, which is the whole point of these events and VS.

14-03-2013
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by LabelWhore4 View Post
^Or they are trying to show a variety of swim products to entice the public to shop, which is the whole point of these events and VS.
Yes, conveniently on Karlie 'no hips' Kloss. She's getting the Chanel Iman VSFS treatment with not showing torso.

Clearly they put it on her to avoid bad press.

14-03-2013
V.I.P.

I'm kinda agree with you...and yes, probably covering up her body could be because she has no the vavaboom body as her partners... but otherwise, on TV motion, she was glowing and captivating, definitely there were moments where she outshined Candice and Aless.imo

edit: Karlie has the "it" factor but i don't find out the proper words to explain it.

Last edited by rockangel; 14-03-2013 at 05:34 PM.

14-03-2013
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel29 View Post
Yes, conveniently on Karlie 'no hips' Kloss. She's getting the Chanel Iman VSFS treatment with not showing torso.

Clearly they put it on her to avoid bad press.
This pretty much. I was hoping for the best though.

15-03-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rockangel View Post
I'm kinda agree with you...and yes, probably covering up her body could be because she has no the vavaboom body as her partners... but otherwise, on TV motion, she was glowing and captivating, definitely there were moments where she outshined Candice and Aless.imo

edit: Karlie has the "it" factor
but i don't find out the proper words to explain it.
Second that.

15-03-2013
tfs star

Karlie is just so much taller than others, if anything VS should put more thought on how do they photograph their models with each other, not how their bodies look like, they`re just fine. That shot looks more odd and goofy than hot and sultry. As individuals they are all gorgeous on their own way.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#6, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria