How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

10-04-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaglam View Post
While I haven't been a fan of Miranda these past couple of years because she just didn't seem that into it anymore, I think a $1 million 3-year contract wasn't enough.
Posted via Mobile Device
I think its pretty good for working 5 days a year with them.

10-04-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sam12 View Post
I think its pretty good for working 5 days a year with them.
Well, when you put it that way.

10-04-2013
V.I.P.

LMAO at the Ed Razek statement because in her thread it states that it was issued by Miranda's rep so I can see Miranda's people actually writing the statement and Ed OKing it. I think that Miranda was a VS It Girl for a while but in recent years it seems like she receded into being just one of their regular models. Miranda shined best at the VSFS in recent times and you don't need an Angel contract for that.

Miranda seemed decent to me in interviews but nothing special and nowhere near in the same league as Heidi and Tyra, to me this has been VS' weakest area in recent years. Lily does a good job in interviews as well (IMO) but I don't know why they don't utilize Behati and Doutzen in this area more, they seem to be the best personalities on the roster now along with Karlie.

Quote:
I mean, Miranda isn't one of those models who only works for VS like Adriana and Ale. Miranda was also shooting Mango's lingerie line last year. She shot for Reebok as well. She has her own skincare/beauty brand. She has all kinds of stuff going on
The same can be said for Alessandra, she reps numerous brands in the mostly in the US, Brazil and elsewhere. Adriana also does a decent amount of work outside of VS and of the three she seems like the one to me who is most "selective" in order to spend time with her family.

10-04-2013
backstage pass

No surprise... it was just a matter of when
but I bet she will still do the VSFS show anyway, I am sure she won't loose the opportunity to show how fabulous she is in front of the camera

10-04-2013
front row

I just saw this.

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/cele...411-2hn21.html

I don't know what to believe.

11-04-2013
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larek View Post
I am sure she won't loose the opportunity to show how fabulous she is in front of the camera
lol funny! I like Miranda but no doubt she loves the attention she added a nice touch of cuteness to VS but I guess it's her time... Speaking of, I find Behati pretty appealing lately. She's got this je ne sais quoi quality about her these days and definitely has proven in the recent commercial that she can be quite sexy! It will be fun to see her in the spotlight more so than their newest addition angel she who shall not be named...
Anyone know if Barbara is coming back? seems like they lost interest in her but Ed seems pretty fond of her and I think she moved to NY permanently recently?

11-04-2013
backstage pass

Agreed for Behati, I can't get enough of her lately
one year ago I would have told you this girl will never be sexy and now I just love her for VS
Behati + Candice is a fantastic pairing I think

11-04-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by stamonopkaward View Post
I just saw this.

http://www.smh.com.au/lifestyle/cele...411-2hn21.html

I don't know what to believe.
This article just misconstrued the quote from Ed.
Although this still isn't 100% confirmed, it sounds like Miranda is no longer an Angel. She doesn't have an Angel contract any more. That does not mean, however, she will quit working for the brand. She will likely do catalogue shoots and maybe some tv advertisements, and has been confirmed for VSFS 13. However, because she isn't an Angel, she isn't contractually obligated to do press events or promotions for them, and will likely only do shoots for them when it works for her, instead of working her schedule around them.

11-04-2013
V.I.P.

can anyone tell me where to get the what kind of angel are you video for 2013? want to make gifs

11-04-2013
backstage pass

This whole Miranda thing is actually quite sad. I will miss her. While she hasn't been doing much with them lately when she did grace VS with her presence she was always fantastic. The last big thing I remember is the Dark Orchid Campaign in which i thought she was gorgeous. Also surprised to hear she doesn't sell well for them, she is arguably the biggest 'celebrity' out of all of them. You'd think that would work in her favor, no?

Can't imagine who out of the current 'non angels' in circulation will take her place. Is it wrong for me to still be holding out hope for Emily D after all these years?

11-04-2013
fashion elite

I really like Behati the most lately she is for me the most relatable angel she should do more promos and interviews she seems so fun loving, but not over the top and fake like another angel is her name is not allowed negatively in this thread. Lais is stunning and I don't understand why she, Toni and Maryna aren't used more.. oh well.

11-04-2013
tfs star

^Lais tweeted about an event she'll be doing with Candice and Erin in NYC. Has she done any meet and greets before?

11-04-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby153 View Post
Can't imagine who out of the current 'non angels' in circulation will take her place. Is it wrong for me to still be holding out hope for Emily D after all these years?
I don't have much hope for Emily, but I would sure love to see her working for VS.

11-04-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby153 View Post
Also surprised to hear she doesn't sell well for them, she is arguably the biggest 'celebrity' out of all of them. You'd think that would work in her favor, no?
I don't even know how they measure that to be able to say she's not a strong seller for them. If anything, sales fluctuate based on the offering at the time. Maybe she was in a campaign with an unsuccessful product that's no fault of her own? It's like casting a good actor in a bad movie. Surely you can't blame the actor for the movie tanking at the office. And I think this is what they're doing to Miranda. She definitely has star power, the fact that her departure is in the news (albeit for not very good reasons) confirms that. Even if her departure wasn't on the heel of her DJ leave or the rumors of her apparent professionalism (or lack of), she still would be making headlines because she's more of a celebrity model than say KK, Izabel, Selita or Marisa. There has only been certain angels who commanded such headlines when they left - Gisele, Tyra, Heidi. All the others kind of get mentioned and noticed by tfs-ers but the general public isn't aware of them.

Last edited by Littleathquakes; 11-04-2013 at 01:56 PM.

11-04-2013
V.I.P.

are they replacing her though? wouldnt karlie be the replacement

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#6, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria