How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

26-05-2013
V.I.P.

^Old. It's a clearance catalogue.

26-05-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agee View Post
Kate Upton is working for VS again (or this is an image from when she shot with them a couple of years ago).
It is an old image they photoshopped to make it look "new.

29-05-2013
V.I.P.

03-06-2013
backstage pass

I adore Lily for VS and quite frankly I hope they keep her around.

I think it's a shame people are still judging her on her walk. I've said this before but I think it's unfair to judge her solely on her catwalk. She is not a runway model by nature, as far as I can tell, the VS show is the only 'fashion' show she walks every year is it not?

...And where she lacks on the runway she makes up in other areas of her Angel duties; her print work is miles ahead of Heatherton & Ellingson and I love her press interviews. I'll take her public speaking over Lima's, who's always "so happy and grateful to Jesus to be alive"(!!)

I actually think their line up is pretty solid right now.

(whispers) except Karlie, Karlie can go.

03-06-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby153 View Post

I think it's a shame people are still judging her on her walk. I've said this before but I think it's unfair to judge her solely on her catwalk. She is not a runway model by nature, as far as I can tell, the VS show is the only 'fashion' show she walks every year is it not?

...And where she lacks on the runway she makes up in other areas of her Angel duties; her print work is miles ahead of Heatherton & Ellingson and I love her press interviews. I'll take her public speaking over Lima's, who's always "so happy and grateful to Jesus to be alive"(!!)

A Lima, Candice, Doutzen and Ale lineup has star quality. Lily is filler material, just a pretty side piece riding on Lima's coattail. It's not just her walk, it's her altogether. Karlie can get out too, no one will miss that hair.

Last edited by Sam12; 03-06-2013 at 08:58 PM.

03-06-2013
front row

Quote:

THIS.

Also while her walk it's bad (because it is bad, no denying there) people seems to forget that they show happens ONCE a year. So people see her going down the runway maybe once a year? Two if they catch the repetitions. But they see her in commercials and catalogue all year around and she's does great there, especially in commercials she just kills it every time. I used to be against her and I still think she's not the greatest thing that happened to VS, but she has grown on me a lot in recent times, same with Lindsay Ellingson. They don't have the best walks but their print and commercial work is better than many of the other Angels.

I think that when it comes to the VS Angels, their runway walk is the last thing people should take into consideration because it's something that does not represent even 10% of the work they do for the brand every year.

I do love my Karlie though, I hope she sticks around for some years.

04-06-2013
trendsetter

Dammit! I wish that Kate Upton shot was recent. I think she is great for the catalogue. Maybe not for the VSFS but I do think she photographs nicely in the catalogues.

04-06-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophie02 View Post
Dammit! I wish that Kate Upton shot was recent. I think she is great for the catalogue. Maybe not for the VSFS but I do think she photographs nicely in the catalogues.
I'm surprised they would even use a re-print to be honest.

The Kate Upton/VS dream is pretty much dead in the water, if it ever existed to begin with!

That vile woman over VS is probably kicking her self for what she said, Kate would have been a huge coup for VS and they know it, she is arguably the biggest commercial model in the world right now!

04-06-2013
front row

Kate Upton has never made me want to buy anything in my life. I'm glad her and VS aren't going to touch each any time in the foreseeable future.

04-06-2013
rising star

Quote:
Agree. I don't see any necessary to make the "it" girl at the moment to be an angel immediately.

04-06-2013
V.I.P.

toddthomasnyc's twitter

Discuss?

04-06-2013
front row

Nothing against Adriana, but I was hoping Doutzen would get the FantasyBra this year.

04-06-2013
Automated Thread Manager

This thread is now closed it has a continuation thread Here

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#6, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria