How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

03-08-2013
V.I.P.

totally unexpected!!! Martha Hunt at VS studios, shooting its VS christmas commercial, definitely this news made my day!!!

I also spotted Candice, Behati, Lily A, Lindsay, Karlie and Lais.

03-08-2013
V.I.P.

another blond. And she resembles Kate Upton.

03-08-2013
V.I.P.

^kate upton!? no way!!! hehehe. Martha definitely is a classic and exquisite beauty.

03-08-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel29 View Post
everyone is beyond tired of her signature 'sticking her butt out' pose and playing with her hair.

And a bit of a slap in the face for Erin who was shot for the commercial, was cut from it, but still showed up to the BBV event. Ouch.
This! Im so sick of Candice doing that. She even does it when she poses on the runway and makes the turn. And Im not sure if anyone saw this on TV but Erin is in a separate commercial advertising the free bag you can get. Here it is

03-08-2013
V.I.P.

also, why did they lighten behati's hair? why does there need to be so many blondes?

03-08-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleathquakes View Post
another blond. And she resembles Kate Upton.
OMG SHE TOTALLY DOES
http://www.google.com/search?q=marth...w=1366&bih=651

03-08-2013
tfs star

^She really does, though.

03-08-2013
V.I.P.

emailer from victoriassecret.com

Last edited by @~PinkCouture~@; 03-08-2013 at 07:45 PM.

03-08-2013
front row

I am personally excited for Martha Hunt. I don't think she looks like Kate Upton...they're both blond with heart shape faces and fine features and very arched eyebrows. But Martha has way more facial definition and a better nose!

Ever since I saw her in the commercial for Aerie, which was before her big runway break, I wanted to see her for VS.

Also, I must say, Bregje is looking more impressive each day and just needs to work on her personality/presence. She could give Candice a run for her money...

Last edited by theBlueRider; 03-08-2013 at 10:39 PM.

04-08-2013
front row

There's something about Bregje's nose that just throws off her whole face for me, and I definitely see the resemblance between Martha and Kate, though I do agree that Martha has a more refined look than Kate.

I'm personally surprised they didn't have Barbara in shooting the Christmas commercial.

04-08-2013
V.I.P.

It's the width of Bregje's nose bridge that throws it off for me. In some shots it's a non-issue, but in other angles, you really see it. But I think it works for her cause all of her facial features come together well. I think she's extremely beautiful in the model way - not classical beauty, but quirky beautiful.

04-08-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by Littleathquakes View Post
It's the width of Bregje's nose bridge that throws it off for me. In some shots it's a non-issue, but in other angles, you really see it. But I think it works for her cause all of her facial features come together well. I think she's extremely beautiful in the model way - not classical beauty, but quirky beautiful.
Exactly. If her facial features were too "average" sized and all delicate then she wouldn't be memorable at all. After all, Gisele, the biggest VS model of all time, doesn't have fine/delicate features and is considered unconventional looking by many...but she's a standout!

04-08-2013
backstage pass

They make such a big deal and put so much effort into their commercials that I'm curious, for those of you that live in America; how much air time do these commercials actually get??

I've been on vacation a couple of times to the states and i can honestly say I don't recall seeing a VS commercial even once...although in my defense it's not like i was watching a great deal of TV whilst i was there.

04-08-2013
tfs star

^They air them pretty regularly, but lately there's honestly been nothing standout about them. It also depends on the network. I watch a lot of networks that are targeted toward women, so I see the VS commercials fairly regularly on tv, especially this latest 'Body by' one.

04-08-2013
front row

^Yes, they air regularly but it's nothing special when it comes on. It is like seeing any other Hot Pockets or Kohl's commercial.
The commercials with the recent crop of girls from '09 and onwards have been a bore. The last crop of girls to have outstanding, sizzling commercials were from the Karolina/Miranda/Izabel crop. Everything before that was sizzling too.

Maybe it's just that there are women running around swimsuits and lingerie all the time now on television anyway that the commercials are somewhat desensitizing. Back in the day, there was something naughty and indulgent when the commercials came on.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#6, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria