How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

04-08-2013
fashion elite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobby153 View Post
They make such a big deal and put so much effort into their commercials that I'm curious, for those of you that live in America; how much air time do these commercials actually get??

I've been on vacation a couple of times to the states and i can honestly say I don't recall seeing a VS commercial even once...although in my defense it's not like i was watching a great deal of TV whilst i was there.
I usually don't watch show's targeted where they would be aired but I do catch "Chelsea Lately" on the E! network and recently they've played the latest 2 commercials and often. It seems when a new campaign is out that's when they air out the commercials like crazy, after 2-3 weeks they slow down

05-08-2013
V.I.P.

I am sure VS is thrilled she said all this

Quote:
'Secret' to stunner Behati Prinsloo's style? Go braless!
Victoria's Secret hottie tells Confidenti@l that she prefers to let it all hang out

Victoria’s Secret stunner Behati Prinsloo has more than four dozen bras, but doesn’t wear many of them. The lingerie-modeling stunner, frequently spotted footloose and brassiere-free, tells us letting it all hang out is really no big deal.

“I don’t see the huge hoo-ha around it,” she told Confidenti@l. “Everybody has the same. It’s a body, it’s beautiful,” she told us, though we beg to differ on all bodies being equal. She says, “Don’t go naked, but if you’re not wearing a bra and it’s appropriate, totally.”

Prinsloo has been making jaws drop since she started working for VS in 2008. She become an official Angel for the line in 2009. Her background isn’t that of a typical sex symbol. She was born in Grootfontein, Namibia, to a minister father and a mom who runs a bed-and-breakfast. She counts Jehovah’s Witness supermodel Coco Rocha among her close pals. And we’re pretty sure that in one of Africa’s 3,000 languages, Behati means “The Hot One.”

When Prinsloo does wear a bra, she tells us, she prefers lace ones. Otherwise, her esthetic is a little more rough-and-tumble than one might expect from the 5-foot-10, slender 24-year-old. “My personal style is definitely more tomboy, but I do like to wear a summer dress,” she said. “More like hippie-bohemian kind of tomboy.”

The only part of Prinsloo getting more attention lately than her often-uncovered bosom is her recently covered ring finger, which modelizing Maroon 5 singer Adam Levine put a ring on three weeks ago.

“He’s dated the entire Victoria’s Secret catalogue!” Levine pal and TV host Carson Daly joked on Thursday’s “Today” show.

While that might be a slight exaggeration, Levine also has been linked to models Nina Agdal and Anne Vyalitsyna.

When Confidenti@l last spoke to Prinsloo in February, she told us she had more than 50 bras, and stopped just short of saying that Levine got personal lingerie shows.

“I’m not going to comment on that because it’s going to start a multitude of rumors,” she said coyly. “I will say I have such an extensive collection of Victoria’s Secret underwear and he definitely appreciates it.”

In May, Prinsloo and Levine briefly split, but things clearly worked out for them in the long run. Her on-off relationship with bras is another thing entirely.

nydailynews.com

09-08-2013
V.I.P.

09-08-2013
backstage pass

Candice looks gorgeous in that video

11-08-2013
V.I.P.

Nomination for VS model for print and maybe the VSFS if she has a good walk:

Emily Ratajkowski the brunette from the Robin Thicke video.

A lot of her modeling has been cheesecake and glamour including quite a bit of nudity which many uninformed people think is a path to VS but it is not. Another strike against her, weirdly, is that he bust is bigger than most VS girls.

I think that she may be the exception because in addition to beauty, she has so much confidence and personality, which IMO VS should be looking for girls like this.

yvanrodic.com via Nani

And of course the video:

11-08-2013
front row

^I actually think that might be a huge stretch. I think facially, she doesn't fit with the exotic/ethereal/sexy/doll-like thing VS is going for. Plus, unfortunately, Emily is/was an actress and her big claim to fame in addition to her music video appearance is her Disney work in "iCarly." She is also a lot shorter than models who can walk the catwalk as she's listed as 5'7" which means she is probably a lot shorter than that!
I can see her for a quick catalog appearance though but nothing major.

I think Samantha Gradoville deserves a nomination. Great walk, hot bod, Nebraska girl. Would also love to see Sarah Stephens back (but she deserves a better agency before that happens!)

12-08-2013
V.I.P.

^ I agree that her height is an impediment, but IMO her look is exotic and when combined with her seemingly open, fun and sexy personality, that is a great combination and the type that VS should tap into.

screen capture windows
bellazon (slowen)

13-08-2013
V.I.P.

14-08-2013
V.I.P.

14-08-2013
V.I.P.

when Adriana wants to do it right, she can really do a great job opening her walk is really good if she can do less of the goofy stuff she can really pull a Gisele "like" opening.

BTW should we have atleast the FB out? we have like what 3 months until the show?

Last edited by alonsoJonathan; 14-08-2013 at 08:16 PM.

14-08-2013
V.I.P.

^Yeah, that opening gives me life pretty much.

14-08-2013
V.I.P.

^^ Yeah that was a Gisele type opening including the looking down, I think Adriana should do Adriana.

Gisele is a good walker and strong opener, but she is not the be all-end all of VSFS openers IMO, I'll take Adriana and her goofy stuff over Gisele and her looking down every time.

Last edited by agee; 14-08-2013 at 11:56 PM.

15-08-2013
V.I.P.

I think when you walking at that speed you have to look down

I think that walk is Very adriana. She walked like that in precious vsfs 2003 in her opening, 2005 it wasnt until 2007 when she started with all the hands in the hair, blowing kisses etc etc.

15-08-2013
V.I.P.

Looky what I found

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show Opening Models

youtube / vsfsmodels

Victoria's Secret Fashion Show Opening Models
Published on Jan 28, 2013
The passages that opened the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show!
With top models Gisele Bundchen, Adriana Lima, Alessandra Ambrosio and Candice Swanepoel!

Last edited by agee; 15-08-2013 at 02:15 PM.

15-08-2013
V.I.P.

I think Adriana is an amazing opener. Gisele's energy came from her walk and just her being there. Adriana's energy is very interactive and i love that. I dont think you can compare the two because Gisele's walk is on a level that only a few girls are in. But Adriana's walk is very good. look at Gisele at 0:51. That pose

Last edited by TREVOFASHIONISTO; 15-08-2013 at 02:54 PM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#6, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria