How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

20-07-2013
V.I.P.

Congrats to Behottie for breaking out of Pink. Altho in that vid, there were some quick moments where if it weren't for the height, I thought I was watching Cara.

21-07-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrllaless View Post
^LOL! For funsies I kind of wish they would give Karlie either the opening or the FB
^

gifsoup

21-07-2013
fashion elite

i miss the year of the brazilian VS era

21-07-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nrllaless View Post
LOL! For funsies I kind of wish they would give Karlie either the opening or the FB
I agree! It would be entertaining to see people flip out as if someone burnt down their home and murdered their whole family

23-07-2013
tfs star

VS without a doubt should really hop on Nina Agdal...anyone else think so?

The girl is definitely gonna get the SI cover this year and get massive buzz. She's perfect for them. I hope she at least walks the VSFS this year.

23-07-2013
windowshopping

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel29 View Post
VS without a doubt should really hop on Nina Agdal...anyone else think so?

The girl is definitely gonna get the SI cover this year and get massive buzz. She's perfect for them. I hope she at least walks the VSFS this year.
As much as I'd love to see Nina at VSFS, I highly doubt she would work with them again after working with Aerie. I think that's also one of the main reasons Cintia Dicker has yet to be cast; her work with Aerie.

23-07-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by heyitsrachelle View Post
As much as I'd love to see Nina at VSFS, I highly doubt she would work with them again after working with Aerie. I think that's also one of the main reasons Cintia Dicker has yet to be cast; her work with Aerie.
Why? I think VS would definitely provide more exposure than Aerie, so more reason for her to work with them. Even though Im not a Nina fan,unlike Cintia, she has a lot of consumer recognition(i.e all the dailymail, just jared posts about her) so VS should capitalize on that.

Last edited by SevenWeeksLater; 23-07-2013 at 08:23 PM.

23-07-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by SevenWeeksLater View Post
Why? I think VS would definitely provide more exposure than Aerie, so more reason for her to work with them. Even though Im not a Nina fan,unlike Cintia, she has a lot of consumer recognition(i.e all the dailymail, just jared posts about her) so VS should capitalize on that.
It's not Nina choosing Aerie over VS, but VS very rarely works with anyone who has/has had a lingerie contract other than them. They also seem to have a tendency to avoid SI girls, for reasons beyond me.

23-07-2013
tfs star

^ Barbara has been working for Intimissi, hasn't she? Behati also has done some lingerie campaigns (forgot the brand!), Erin did John Galliano Lingerie and some other brand too.

I think VS is just whack with castings. They seem to avoid anything that makes sense. But I do agree that they tend to avoid SI girls. VS's loss...

23-07-2013
backstage pass

Isabeli Fontana did La Senza, Edita Vilkeviciute for Calvin Klein underwear, Rosie did that commercial for Agent Provocateur etc. Out of SI girls I really want Anne V back, which will never happen, and Hannah Davis

Last edited by SevenWeeksLater; 23-07-2013 at 11:31 PM.

23-07-2013
front row

La Senza and Intimissi are owned by the same company as Victoria's Secret, Limited Brands. The VS contract is also only binding by region where the sales are at stake which happens to be the US. La Senza and Intimissi are not available in the US--they are European. That is why some models like Erin and Behati have shot for Euro lingerie brands. Behati for Princesse Tam Tam for instance which is French and was until this year only available in Europe.

The difference with Nina, Aerie and VS is that Aerie is US based and Nina is more than just a model--she has a contract as a spokesperson with them. It is very likely that there's a non-compete clause for the duration as the face of Aerie in her contract (VS is a direct competitor).

24-07-2013
tfs star

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBlueRider View Post
La Senza and Intimissi are owned by the same company as Victoria's Secret, Limited Brands. The VS contract is also only binding by region where the sales are at stake which happens to be the US. La Senza and Intimissi are not available in the US--they are European. That is why some models like Erin and Behati have shot for Euro lingerie brands. Behati for Princesse Tam Tam for instance which is French and was until this year only available in Europe.

The difference with Nina, Aerie and VS is that Aerie is US based and Nina is more than just a model--she has a contract as a spokesperson with them. It is very likely that there's a non-compete clause for the duration as the face of Aerie in her contract (VS is a direct competitor).
Thanks for the insight - that's all very true.

It's a shame they didn't snag up Nina right after she did SI. I could see from a mile away that she was gonna be a hit. Instead we get Karlie.

I'm really happy about Magda working for VS more though. Finally some diversity! She's not a cookie cutter blonde, and actually has sex appeal.

24-07-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
I'm really happy about Magda working for VS more though. Finally some diversity! She's not a cookie cutter blonde, and actually has sex appeal.
Couldn't agree more!! Best model choice in a long time. Now make her an angel VS.

24-07-2013
backstage pass

Quote:
Madga? Magdalena? Magdalena Frackowiak? Magdalena Frackowiak from Poland? Magdalena Frackowiak from Poland who is white?

Maybe there's another Magda floating around here that I have missed the memo for because increasing the usage of another white model is not adding the type of diversity VS needs.

24-07-2013
trendsetter

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlg00 View Post
Madga? Magdalena? Magdalena Frackowiak? Magdalena Frackowiak from Poland? Magdalena Frackowiak from Poland who is white?

Maybe there's another Magda floating around here that I have missed the memo for because increasing the usage of another white model is not adding the type of diversity VS needs.
Thats besides the point. She is an incredible model, the top pick since they chose Candice. You are right in that VS needs to pick diverse models but VS also needs to fire half of their angel lineup. One can hope that VS chooses a better lineup, but when you take color out of the equation, you cannot go wrong with Magdalena. Vogue to VS, she is as close to model perfection as you can get, my opinion of course.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#6, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria