How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join
Closed Thread

25-07-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by theBlueRider View Post
La Senza and Intimissi are owned by the same company as Victoria's Secret, Limited Brands...
Imtimissimi is owned by Calzedonia. Limited Brands had a contract/license (that did not get renewed) to sell their products at VS.

25-07-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lightblue View Post
Can someone please tell me what's the title of the song featured in Behati's commercial. Thanks!
Bon Bon Bon ~ Vanessa Contenay

25-07-2013
V.I.P.

26-07-2013
trendsetter

So I'm watching the VS shows all over again, with 2003, 2005, and 2006 being the best. They need the French guy again, I always forget his name (Alexandre??), he would speak to the girls. He would give them a vision of what roles they're supposed to play for each segment, not like now where all you see is hands waving and kisses. The models used to act before. Razor Sharp Latex Ladies in 2003, we hear someone say "I wanna see more dynamic on the walk," exemplifying how the model should walk to the music. Ana Beatriz Barros in that same segment seduced that camera with her looks. I really wish VS would take the time to go back & rewatch those shows and jot down exactly what it was that made them as exciting & sexy as they were. I'm tired of them using certain models, instead of the more established sexy models. I could go on and on about this haha.

26-07-2013
V.I.P.

via hurricane93 @ bellazon.com

26-07-2013
V.I.P.

^^Alexandre de Betak. The VS genius! every year, I literally pray once again that he could return to the show:'

26-07-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valisere View Post
Well, maybe Daniela Braga is the ultimate solution to this discussion. She's basically an exotic version of Magda

On a more serious note, I highly doubt VS will make Magda an Angel in the future. As youthful as she looks(I mean she's still doing PINK), she will be 29 in a few months. And even Candice who had much more mainstream appeal needed a good couple of years of constant pushing from VS to become a somewhat recognized face. So I think odds for elder girls to become an Angel are pretty low unless you're already famous like Marisa Miller was or dating some big time celebrity.
True, but that's not Magda's official age anymore. She said in a video interview at the end of 2011 she was 24. I brought it up in her thread and someone said she was lying originally to make herself older for shows. But I doubt it, I think she really is 28

26-07-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gabriel29 View Post
People familiar with VS would recognize that a model like Magda would be considered 'diverse' amongst their (unfortunately) bland lineup of 'new' angels. Magda adds European, Eastern-looking flair and sex appeal that many of the other models lack. She is not your typical Lily/Erin/Lindsay.
Interestingly I think that Lily Aldridge and Magdalena Frackowiak resemble each other, especially the wide-set eyes. I remember seeing a photo of Lily and wanting to post that picture along with a photo of Magda in the look-alike thread - if I come across some photos I will post them.

One thing that I noticed about VS is that over time they seem to neutralize the models in terms of how they model for the brand and their personalities. I don't know what to make of it, personally I liked it better when they had big personalities like Heidi, Tyra and Gisele, and did location shoots for clothing lines other than Swim, but maybe that is not a requirement for the brand's success anymore.

ETA:
I have noticed that they have been doing some outside shots for the clothing line and I like that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlg00 View Post
Madga? Magdalena? Magdalena Frackowiak? Magdalena Frackowiak from Poland? Magdalena Frackowiak from Poland who is white?

Maybe there's another Magda floating around here that I have missed the memo for because increasing the usage of another white model is not adding the type of diversity VS needs.
I like Magda but this made me .

Last edited by agee; 26-07-2013 at 04:54 PM.

26-07-2013
trendsetter

I absolutely loved those VS Sexy videos that were shot in Tulum, Sardinia and St. Tropez. I believe it was in 2004 and they used photographers like Raphael Mazzucco, Ellen Von Unwerth and Russell James. The lineup was great with KK, Gisele, Adriana, Ana Beatriz, Naomi, Alessandra and Angela Lindvall.

26-07-2013
V.I.P.

Does anyone know what this a promo for? TIA.

sources: victoriassecret.com via LE GATOR @ bellazon and Rosary at tFS
and instagram.com/bregjeheinenn via Fashion1987

Last edited by agee; 26-07-2013 at 08:06 PM.

26-07-2013
front row

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsamg View Post
True, but that's not Magda's official age anymore. She said in a video interview at the end of 2011 she was 24. I brought it up in her thread and someone said she was lying originally to make herself older for shows. But I doubt it, I think she really is 28
Oh I didn't know that. hmmm, maybe VS could go by her "official age". After all she looks more 25 than 28. Though I'm still in doubt about her chance for the angel status, some random commercial appearances like Bregje, why not? She's so amazing in motion.

26-07-2013
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by agee View Post
Does anyone know what this a promo for? TIA.
Body by Victoria.

29-07-2013
V.I.P.

29-07-2013
front row

Karlies body is amazing. Long, lean, and slim in a healthy natural way. As she ages she is starting to ooze sex appeal

29-07-2013
front row

Sara's first cover? hope she gets to walk the show this year.

victoriassecret

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#6, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria