Victoria's Secret Etc, Etc - Thread #8 - *Please see first post before posting* - Page 2 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
20-02-2015
tfs star

Forget her personality, what work has she done for them outside of appearing in shows? Jasmine makes the most sense IMO but it's beyond clear that they aren't rushing to add a MOC to the lineup, I'm not holding my breath.

21-02-2015
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WilliamsLe010919 View Post
I don't think Joan is going to be an angel anytime soon. She's known to have a terrible personality
She wouldn't be where she is today if she had a "terrible" personality. No model in today's era can get to her level & be that difficult to work with. Girls like that don't last more than 3 seasons.

That being said, I'm not sure if her being an angel would be beneficial to her at all, even though I would love to see it happen. If they give her a looser contract then I'm down for it, but I'm thinking they want a full-time girl after all these contract problems with Karlie & Doutzen. We all know Joan won't be available for every VS gig like the other angels. They probably will go with Jasmine if they choose a MOC. I wouldn't be surprised if they go with a wildcard though, like Imaan Hammam.

21-02-2015
front row

Joan's voice can be pretty grating though. I don't know how she would do with a bunch of press events and interviews.
Maybe VS will troll us and not pick a model of color for VS. They use Lais and Jamsine quite a bit, maybe they will use that as justification for not having an angel of color.

21-02-2015
front row

I don't know about Joan but it's Jasmine that's said to have an awful personality. So many members here have met her and none have good things to say about her. But I'd imagine she's definitely near the top of the list if they're looking to sign up another girl now. And she doesn't really have much else going on in her career so she could commit and be the angel they need who's all about VS. Personally, I'd prefer Cindy. I think she's just gorgeous and has such a classic look about her. She really brings the old school glamour. Plus she's new enough so they can mould and groom her to be a superstar. I think Joan would be an amazing angel and she has everything it takes and then some, but she'd have the same issues as Karlie, Doutzen and Miranda who were all too busy for VS.

21-02-2015
tfs star

Sui He, Shanina Shaik, and Jourdan Dunn would all be fantastic additions to the Angel line up, IMHO. I've never heard Sui speak or seen her in video so I don't know if she speaks English well or not, to be fair, but she looks amazing with them. Kelly Gale is also a MOC of that I think could do well with their brand, but she isn't quite Angel level for me yet. Lais of course, goes without saying.

There are a lot of models they could add to their line up to diversify, and they really should. Here's hoping, right?

21-02-2015
Larek

While I would love for an asian angel, I do think Sui he is it

21-02-2015
tfs star

Aww. I'm sad about Karlie leaving. I think she has the star power for VS. I think Jasmine, Martha and Stella are the options for the contract. But, if ever, they want to use someone who is new and already famous, then Kendall probably has a shoe in...... it just crossed my mind.

I don't know but I want to see Romee as an Angel.

Last edited by simon; 21-02-2015 at 05:46 AM.

21-02-2015
front row

To bad Karlie decided to leave. What is it that Karlie, Doutzen, Miranda prefer other contract above VS? Money? VS used to be so lucrative, exclusive, special, only for the few angels. Or so it seemed. Now they have tons of models, wings on everyone.

In the future definitly Romee, Kelly and Sara.
For now I wish Joan and Bregje (please no Stella or Marta, they are to dull for me).

21-02-2015
TNF
front row

I also vote for Romee, despite the possibility of a blondes overload. But I notice some potential star power.

Frida Aasen also can be a good choice, within 5 years (adding some oldschool, BB like class), but still looks somewhat young now. But at the moment, I can imagine her doing Pink already.

Last edited by TNF; 21-02-2015 at 07:11 AM.

21-02-2015
fashion elite

They should wait 1 more year with choosing new angels ... next year probably Adriana & Alessandra are leaving because they are simple already too old.
That means 4 angels gone. They should start a new angel lineup with fresh and young angels around the same age just like they did with Gisele, Adriana, KK, Alessandra.

Frida Aasen and/or Romee Strijd, Jasmine Sanders as the successor of Doutzen

BZ

Last edited by DutchHomme; 21-02-2015 at 08:46 AM.

21-02-2015
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vanpersie View Post
To bad Karlie decided to leave. What is it that Karlie, Doutzen, Miranda prefer other contract above VS? Money? VS used to be so lucrative, exclusive, special, only for the few angels. Or so it seemed. Now they have tons of models, wings on everyone.
I really want to know why Erin & Lindsay left. They have very little going on with their careers. If C-list models like them are leaving to work with other companies, then VS must be getting stingy with their contracts.

I want them to get rid of Ale, Adriana & Lily so they can start fresh with their roster. Keep Candice & Behati, sign Joan (even if only for the big name & not all the full time angel duties), & hire some newer girls that fit the brand, like Blanca & Imaan.

21-02-2015
fashion elite

I truly believe Tyra, Gisele, Doutzen & Karlie are the only angels that decided to leave ...other angels that left just did not get a new vs contract (Izabel, Selita, Miranda, Marissa, Lindsay, Karolina, Heidi, Erin etc)
I believe nothing of what Miranda said..she just lost 2 big million dollar contracts around the same time( vs & david jones ) .. her life is full of lies

Last edited by DutchHomme; 21-02-2015 at 10:18 AM.

21-02-2015
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by valliaddict View Post
I really want to know why Erin & Lindsay left. They have very little going on with their careers. If C-list models like them are leaving to work with other companies, then VS must be getting stingy with their contracts.

I want them to get rid of Ale, Adriana & Lily so they can start fresh with their roster. Keep Candice & Behati, sign Joan (even if only for the big name & not all the full time angel duties), & hire some newer girls that fit the brand, like Blanca & Imaan.
I think both of their contracts just expired and were not renewed.

Lindsay has a make-up company now, so hopefully she finds lots of success in that. She seems intelligent and is very well spoken, so I think it's a good move for her to move in to the business side of things. I could see her doing random runway appearances and editorials here and there.

Erin just seemed over it though. She also seems to be moving into the strictly commercial route. Last time I checked her thread, she was shooting for Roxy.

21-02-2015
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by DutchHomme View Post
I truly believe Tyra, Gisele, Doutzen & Karlie are the only angels that decided to leave ...other angels that left just did not get a new vs contract (Izabel, Selita, Miranda, Marissa, Lindsay, Karolina, Heidi, Erin etc)
I believe nothing of what Miranda said..she just lost 2 big million dollar contracts around the same time( vs & david jones ) .. her life is full of lies
Rosie also chose herself to leave.

VS just need to hire Jourdan & Joan together for the big names. Even if they will just last for 1-2 years. They need to make a statement by contracting the established models that the brand is still prestigious and big names like Jourdan and Joan are still willing to join them.

But if they really want new girls, Maria Borges and Cindy Bruna will be great. But I have a feeling that maybe they will start by replacing the PINK Spokeperson first to be bred as the new Angel in 2-3 years. Jac Jagaciak, Blanca Padilla, Josephine Skriver are excellent options.

21-02-2015
fashion elite

yeah sorry I forgot about Rosie

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#7, #8, doutzen, karlie, kloss, kroes, leaving, left, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria