Victoria's Secret Etc, Etc - Thread #8 - *Please see first post before posting* - Page 5 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
24-02-2015
fashion elite

I wish they're also considering Devon Windsor as the next angel. That girl has the all American girl vibe and she seems like got a fun personality.

24-02-2015
tfs star

Devon isn't sexy at all. That platinum blonde hair is the only thing that makes her stand out.

From the newcomers - Kate G and Romee scream VS.

24-02-2015
backstage pass

The commercial with all the girls was for the new Body by Victoria's Secret campaign. Elsa and Martha Hunt were shooting again with Michael today, but I'm not sure what it was for.

24-02-2015
V.I.P.

Doutzen Kroes has left Victoria's Secret

Quote:
BY ALEXANDRA BROWN
25 th Feb 2015

Another Angel hangs up her wings.

Doutzen Kroes has officially left Victoria's secret, news that comes shortly after Karlie Kloss also hung up the wings.

The mother of two quietly stepped down at the end of last year, well before Kloss, but the news has just been confirmed now. Kroes is said to be pursuing a business opportunity in Europe.

The brand's creative director Ed Razek revealed the news via Instagram. "After I posted the news about @karliekloss leaving VS I got a number of texts asking me why I hadn't said anything about @doutzen leaving at the end of last year. Fair question. The simple answer is I should have."

Lindsay Ellingson also reportedly left last year.

The upside of this? Waiting to find out who will fill the Angel vacancies.
vogue.com.au

24-02-2015
fashion insider

I don't like Kate G for VS, and I say that as a fan, partially because they don't need anymore blondes, but if she wanted to make a go of it she probably could. I'm with valisere, I wish Kelly Gale had been included.

24-02-2015
everything sucks!

I always enjoyed her fashion work so I hope we'll see more of that. She has a real presence in print with a great body; her recent WSJ ed is powerful. I can only take so much Angel hair, don't even get me started on what the VS models have to wear down the runway...

24-02-2015
V.I.P.

25-02-2015
trendsetter

I don't think it would be too far fetched to say they would consider Joan, seeing she's featured in the new Swimsuit Special. I'm sure Ed is not stupid,he knows what she can bring to the table. She too might be busy like Karlie, especially with that EL contract.

25-02-2015
V.I.P.

She was a great angel. Curious for the opportunities coming to her now.

25-02-2015
V.I.P.

Underpaid Victoria’s Secret angels fly the coop
Quote:
Victoria’s Secret Angels are flying from their contracts because increasing time commitments and relatively little pay are less than heavenly, sources tell Page Six.

Both Karlie Kloss and Dutch stunner Doutzen Kroes have flown the coop, and we hear more notable Angels could follow. Today’s Angels are earning far less than the top VS models of yore such as Gisele Bündchen, Heidi Klum and Tyra Banks, we’re told.

“The money isn’t what it used to be,” a source told Page Six. “Older contracts like Alessandra Ambrosio were in the millions, now they’re like $100,000.” Remaining Angels still include Ambrosio, Adriana Lima and Lily Aldridge.

Victoria’s Secret confirmed last week that Kloss would end her contract, and sources said it was because she couldn’t devote enough time to the brand when she starts classes at NYU this fall.

And Kroes recently said she wouldn’t continue working with the brand after six years. CMO Ed Razek addressed her exit on Instagram: “Doutzen had a lucrative opportunity in Europe and it would have conflicted with her VS obligations. So, at her agency’s request, we released her from contract. There was no conflict. No animosity.” He also had to address Kloss’ exit last week.

We hear Ambrosio could be next out the door — but a source told us she’s in the middle of renegotiating her contract with VS.

Money per model has shrunk as the company has hired a larger stable of Angels to walk in their splashy shows and make global appearances. “There used to be just four angels,” a source said. “Now there’s about eight.”

The ladies also have to commit 50 days a year or more to VS, which prohibits them from participating in bigger, better fashion and fragrance campaigns. The brand is also launching a Swim Special on Thursday on CBS.

Former Angel Miranda Kerr ended her contract in 2013, and a source told Page Six then that the time constraint was the issue.

A Victoria’s Secret rep told us, “We do not comment on the details of contracts with models.”
pagesix

25-02-2015
fashion elite

^I've always assumed that was the case.
Too many many "Angel" and too little pay.
They need to Edit Edit Edit!

They also need those mega Multi-million dollar contract and a few stapels Angels!

And ONLY Angels should be called Angels. Every other model can be call a VS model, or VS catalogue modelS modes but never ever an Angel. Those line should be drawn!

VS needs to remedy that problem if they want to attract and keep their star Angels Statues. It should be a pretige to be called an Angel!

This kind of Angel turn-over doesn't look good for the Brand.
I want Start power! Angels with Long Multi-year multi-multi dollar contract!
And big White beautiful wing for the finally of each show!

Last edited by fashionlover2001; 25-02-2015 at 03:45 AM.

25-02-2015
fashion elite

^I've always assumed that was the case.
Too many "Angels" that are not payed enough!

They really need to Edit Edit Edit their Angel lineup! A million models calling themselves Angels is rediculous,

They also need to brign back those mega Multi-million dollar contracts for a few staple Angels!

And ONLY Angels should be called Angels.

Every other model can be called a VS model, or VS catalogue model, but never ever an Angel.

Those line should be drawn by the company!

VS needs to remedy that problem if they want to attract and keep their star Angels Statues. It should be pretigious to be called an Angel!

This kind of Angel turn-over doesn't look good for the Brand.
I want Start Power!
Angels with Long Multi-year multi-multi dollar contract!
And big White beautiful wings for the finally of each show and commercial! It'll distinguish the stars from the othe models!
Candice is a Star and want Joan added to the Angel Roster!
I'm sure more Angels will be retiring soon. This is the perfect time to elevate the Brand more that it is!

Last edited by fashionlover2001; 25-02-2015 at 04:10 AM.

25-02-2015
fashion icon

If Alessandra is getting paid in the hundreds of thousands I can barely imagine what Karlie, Doutzen, Lily, Behati and Candice were/are getting paid.

50 days a year doesn't seem that much and I don't think girls like Adriana and Alessandra even work that many for VS, they just get called in for the big events but for girls like Behati who has been working overtime last year and Martha and Jasmine who have been everywhere, they must get even less.

Alessandra can hang up her wings, she's done everything for the brand, end on a high note after the Swim Special and Fantasy Bra. Out of the girls they have left Alessandra will go, then Lily/Adriana/Behati and maybe Candice will be the one left with all the new girls.

Out of those other girls posted, I would like to see Romee, Jasmine, Elsa and maybe Taylor Hill or Sara Sampio, though Taylor looks magnificent in that instagram shot.

Romee reminds me of Karolina, Jasmine is gorgeous and vastly needed for diversity, Elsa is another blonde bomshell a la candice and Taylor and Sarah have that stunning brunette sex appeal that Alessandra and Adriana bring.
Honestly any of these girls can do a better job than Lily and Behati IMO, maybe not Lily's spokesperson-ship but they can definitely deliver the shots.

25-02-2015
front row

Should have leave by 4 or 5 angels baxk then: Adriana, Ale, Doutzen, Candice and Miranda.
Doutzen older contracts were also million(s), so maybe that's why she basicly demand to do H&M next to VS? I don't know, VS isn't what it used to be.

But all in for Romee.

25-02-2015
backstage pass

Stella is just......NO

Last edited by valisere; 25-02-2015 at 11:41 AM.

Closed Thread
Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#7, #8, doutzen, karlie, kloss, kroes, leaving, left, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria