How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

20-02-2015
Automated Thread Manager

Victoria's Secret Etc, Etc - Thread #8 - *Please see first post before posting*
Aside from the fashion show, use this thread as an opportunity for any and all VS news throughout the year!

Moderator Reminder:Thread Rules:
1. No model bashing.
2. Negative opinions about models are allowed, but you must back up any negative opinion with precise facts about why you feel that way.
3. State that opinion only once, then move on ... do not mention it again.
4. All other tFS apply as usual, please keep in mind that just because this is the Victoria's Secret Thread does not mean that weight talk in any way/shape/form is allowed.
This thread was created to be a discussion thread. Multiple posts of an individual model in the same outfit should be reserved for the models' own threads.

Thank You

This is a continuation thread, the old thread is Here

Last edited by HeatherAnne; 4 Weeks Ago at 09:34 AM.

20-02-2015
backstage pass

Ed's confirmed it 100% now.

tbrtg1234 @ bellazon

I doubt Joan is going to replace Karlie. She never works for the brand outside of the show, and her being included in this swim special is largely because she's from PR, imo.
I think the girls with the best chances of becoming Angels are Martha (then again, always the bridesmaid, never the the bride), Jasmine (she's done a solo event for them, had a fragrance campaign and is in the swim special), Stella Maxwell (VS has been using her for EVERYTHING lately) or Monika Jagaciak (also being used very heavily).

Unrelated to the Angels, but Gigi Hadid is doing an event for PINK with Rachel Hilbert.

Last edited by vivalakenna; 20-02-2015 at 03:49 PM.
20-02-2015
tfs star

Jac and Jasmine are two girls I'd like to see move up.

trendsetter

Wishful thinking, but I'd love to see them use Shanina Shaik or Jourdan Dunn as angels. Both are so striking and really stand out for me. Plus they'd add a little Aussie/Brit appeal since Miranda and Rosie are long gone.

20-02-2015
fashion insider

So we're left with:

Adriana
Alessandra
Behati
Candice
Lily

Not a bad group of "core" angels, but I'd gladly have Lily hang up her wings and get a girl of color in there. If not Joan, then Jourdan for sure.

20-02-2015
backstage pass

And Elsa.
IMG confirmed Elsa, and she also confirmed it herself in an interview.

Jourdan would be my top pick for the next Angel, but her VS work so far has been limited to clothing and pajamas shoots, and they're hardly using her. I think Jasmine has the best shoot out of all the WOC they're currently using.

20-02-2015
V.I.P.

OMG models wish/dream to get a VS contract and Karlie is just like "no thanks"

They lost 2 big name models in less then 4 months. They gonna need to bring some major names into the line up

rising star

Ugh! I'm not Surprised Karlie left but without her and Doutzen who are two of my favourite models ever, I don't really have much interest in VS at all!! I very much doubt Joan will sign now as she has loads of commitments herself so I don't think she'd have the time to fulfil the angel requirements either. At this point in her career, an EL contract is more lucrative for Joan then a VS one and it's obviously hard to manage a beauty contract with an angel one. It seems like it's too demanding and it's for models who don't really have much else going on in their careers! They definitely need some star power though as losing Karlie, Doutzen, Rosie and Miranda is a big blow. They can keep trying to shove Behati down our throats but she isn't going to happen. Adri, Ale and Candice are the only star girls they have left. Ed has released a statement btw:

Quote:
Karlie Kloss @karliekloss I met several months ago to discuss the many things she hoped to do in her life and career. As we talked, it became clear she would not have the time to fulfill her myriad commitments. Reluctantly, we agreed she would leave the brand at the end of her contract. Karlie is one of a kind, a very close friend, someone I truly admire and love. She is, without question, one of the best models ever. But she is an even better person. Her future is unlimited, and I am excited to see all the good she will do. Karlie Kloss will always be an Angel to me.��❤️����❤️
https://instagram.com/p/zVu48no0pS/

Edit: He's now released a statement about Doutzen too!

Quote:
After I posted the news about @karliekloss leaving VS I got a number of texts asking me why I hadn't said anything about Doutzen @doutzen leaving at the end of last year. Fair question. The simple answer is I should have. Doutzen had a lucrative opportunity in Europe and it would have conflicted with her VS obligations. So, at her agencies request, we released her from contract. There was no conflict. No animosity. None of the nonsense I've read on Instagram. She had a great business opportunity, and I wanted to be fair to someone I adore and respect. That's all. I honestly believe Doutzen is one of the most stunningly beautiful people in the world. And I always will. I have told her that many times. Now you know.

Last edited by Clipse; 20-02-2015 at 06:15 PM.
20-02-2015
front row

I still don't understand why they haven't had an angel who's a woc yet, but now with these open slots they have to have one unless they want to look like complete and utter racists.

20-02-2015
backstage pass

I'd go with Jasmine. She has the kind of beauty that hard to argue like Doutzen, and her body is getting better and better.
And from little i've seen she gives decent interviews, though she comes off as a bit distant compared to Jourdan or Joan who are much more personable. But her voice is

On a different note, last year I read somewhere that VS was going to discontinue their make-up line and it seems like that turned out be true. Looking at the website, they now only carry few lip glosses and that's about it. That explains why their angels got make-up deals with other brands one after the other last year.(Adriana back to Maybelline, Karlie Loreal, Candice Max Factor) So I guess having another beauty contract is a non-issue now.

Last edited by valisere; 20-02-2015 at 07:19 PM.
20-02-2015
fashion insider

Victoria's Secret needs some major Star Power!
Sadly I just don't see Adriana and Alessandra lasting more than a year or two.

Joan would fit the bill perfectly! She actually gets along with all the Angels. She's good friends with Candice.

She's a powerhouse with a solid career. And I don't see her having a problem navigating her Bluechip campaigns, Editorial work, Esteé Lauder contract and all the other Commercial/High Fashion ventures.

Not only does her ethnic background appeal to a wide variety of fans of different demographics, she also has name recognition.

It's also the Perfect opportunity for VS to add a women of colour to the Angel lineup. Hopefully the'll add more than one model this time around.
I like Shanina, Lais and Jasmine.

IMO, It's a Win Win for Victoria's Secret and
Joan!

When Joan becomes an Angel it's going to make news!

Last edited by fashionlover2001; 20-02-2015 at 08:11 PM.
20-02-2015
front row

Has VS given a model an angel contract who hasn't had significant work for the company (Commercial,fragrance,press events)?

I would assume the models they are considering are ones who are currently staring in their commercials/fragrances/press events etc.
If Lais ever gets her english together she is a shoe-in. She's been in quite a few commercials for VS already.

20-02-2015
fashion insider

Yes, Selita and Izabel just came out of no where and were angels.

20-02-2015
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jj36 View Post
If Lais ever gets her english together she is a shoe-in. She's been in quite a few commercials for VS already.
Lais isn't going to be an Angel.

VS has used her as a contract girl the same way they did with Emanuela de Paula. Endlessly used for catalogues, walked in the VSFS, attended launches. But no Angel contract. Lais is gorgeous - but if it was gonna happen, it would have happened by now. VS is more likely to go with Jasmine, in my opinion - if they are seeking a woman of colour. Personally, I'd love to see Jasmine, Jourdan & Joan all on the Angel roster, but I reckon that's very unlikely.

front row

I don't think Joan is going to be an angel anytime soon. She's known to have a terrible personality

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#7, #8, doutzen, karlie, kloss, kroes, leaving, left, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria