Victoria's Secret Etc, Etc - Thread #9 - *Please see first post before posting* - Page 5 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

25-10-2016
V.I.P.

Happy for Bridget, she looked so cute and sexy last year.

25-10-2016
rising star

Reading BZ for VS news can be very taxing (racist posts, people who try to appear as 'insiders' but only have info because they steal/access info via computer programs on VS' website ) but sometimes it pays off because if I only relied on tFS for info, I'd be so in the dark

According to the other forum, ET/Insider will have a segment on the FB tomorrow and VS' instagram posted this vid, so the FB announcement is imminent.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BL_9ZCOBVpE/ <-- I don't know how to post links so they embed in posts

It wouldn't just be trolling to feature girls in this vid who don't end up with the bra, it would be stupid to do that.

So, as for who gets it-
Romee - nonstarter
Jo- she has the shortest tenure as a 'new angel' - not even a year. She's obviously worked a ton for them this year (I've read she has the most photos of any angel by far) and I think 'seniority' rationales are silly because VS doesn't seem to take seniority into account when making FB decisions. So she could get it but I also think other new angels/even some old angels might be upset since she hasn't been an angel for a year, so I think she's probably out.

Part of me thinks it's Taylor because of this big push on instagram and she's their darling/heavily featured, etc. etc. But she also is probably going to have the longest tenure of any of the new angels (she could be there for 10+ years and be the new Adriana). That's bordering on a seniority argument so I'm not going to make it since I don't like those but the only other reason why she could get the bra (outside of being the darling, etc.) is the fact that she has 5m instagram followers, the most of any new angel.

The big instagram following didn't pay off for VS last year when they casted the insta/celeb models - as a matter of fact, the ratings tanked. So they could give it to Taylor to increase her profile in the brand (it's already pretty prominent though) but if they want to drum up interest and reach an audience besides the TSwift (who also didn't deliver ratings-wise) instamodel worshipping teen girl, it has to be Jas.

It's been 9 years (Selita in 2007) since a black model has worn the FB and in that time, America has had a black man president and is on the cusp of electing it's first white woman president. The last time a black angel wore the bra, the only black woman/women who could land a magazine cover consisted of Halle, Beyonce and maybe Rihanna (and the latter 2 weren't the global pop stars they are today). Now, there a a number of mainstream titles that have had multiple black women on their covers, and not just this year but for the past few years. And I could go on (not that everything is peachy, but there has been some movement as it relates to black women's visibility in pop culture/entertainment).

If I'm remembering this correctly, outside of Candice and Adriana, the only other angel that trended on twitter last year was Jasmine and she trended the year before. And while I can't say she'll bring bigger ratings, it's quite likely she'll drum up more interest/ reach a broader audience than a model whose 5m instagram followers are probably heavily shared with other 'models' who have millions more followers and who failed to bring more buzz/ratings.

Obviously, giving it to Jas would make more sense strategy-wise so they'll probably give it to Taylor (this is the same company that gave their biggest/longest serving angels a dual FB the year before the 20th anniversary, so strategy is not there strong suit). And if Jas doesn't get it this year and she has to wait another 2-3 years, I hope VS gets dragged everywhere when she does get it- twitter, facebook, instagram, snapchat, myspace - at that point it'll be 11-12 years and that's not a good look in this day and age at all.

Last edited by octoberchild; 25-10-2016 at 09:41 PM. Reason: tried to embed insta post, didn't work, also this is really long, i didn't realize, yikes
25-10-2016
V.I.P.

My bet is on Jas or Romee, or maybe the 3 of them. Josephine, Jasmine and Romee wil have FB
EDIT: I did't see Taylor. So probably Taylor?

Last edited by zacatecas570; 25-10-2016 at 09:56 PM.
25-10-2016
V.I.P.

i really just hope they cast models that look like women selling lingerie and not young girls. i think that was their downfall, there just aren't enough women selling the product. with lingerie especially, the trend shouldnt be to go younger.

26-10-2016
trendsetter

Joséphine le Tutour was at the callback Tuesday. Fingers crossed for Jo'.

26-10-2016
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by modevogue View Post
Greta said on Snapchat she didn't made the cut. I'm really hoping for Lauren de Graaf, she's gorgeous!
Lauren didn't make the cut... I just saw it on her insta story. She was the perfect girl for Moutain Romance, what a waste
I still have hopes for Joséphine Le Tutour

V.I.P.

Bridget was sooo underused last year. I hope they realize her potential this year. She's gorgeous, perfect VS material. Instead, certain other insta-models got 2 looks over girls like her.

Real excited for Eniko!! I think Daria S deserves a chance, I like her.

26-10-2016
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by miguelalmeida View Post
It's too much to read, so can someone please tell me the date of the real show in Paris?
Filming November 30th, airing December 5th.

26-10-2016
V.I.P.

Great news for Bridget, I hope she gets a better outfit than last year.....
For Greta, I'm not surprised, for me she doesn't fit VS. Lauren is too young looking in my opinion. If they are indeed going for mature looking girls, then it's great !

Kate G said in her instagram comments that she was at the castings yesterday !

26-10-2016
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by octoberchild View Post
It wouldn't just be trolling to feature girls in this vid who don't end up with the bra, it would be stupid to do that.
I think it's none of them. I'm pretty sure the angel who gets the FB is alone when it's announced to her... and not with the other girls next to her who could react unexpectedly. The video is probably just Ed telling the other angels who got the FB (I hope that makes sense!)

edit : adding this video of the casting !

Last edited by sixtdaily; 26-10-2016 at 03:40 AM.
26-10-2016
tfs star

Rooting for Grace Elizabeth and Vanessa Axente looks great too. I hope they have some new models on board, as much as I love seeing great models returning (like Lily D), is always exciting to see new faces

fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtdaily View Post
Lauren is too young looking in my opinion. If they are indeed going for mature looking girls, then it's great !
I think it's great too but last year Megan Puleri walked and she looks younger than Lauren IMO (and she has no charisma but that's another story).
Vanessa Axente would be perfect for the show I'm kind of surprised she never walked it. She reminds me of KK.

V.I.P.

Anais Mali attended callbacks yesterday. She's such a bombshell. Really hoping she gets confirmed.

26-10-2016
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixtdaily View Post
Great news for Bridget, I hope she gets a better outfit than last year.....
For Greta, I'm not surprised, for me she doesn't fit VS. Lauren is too young looking in my opinion. If they are indeed going for mature looking girls, then it's great !

Kate G said in her instagram comments that she was at the castings yesterday !
Wow it must be humiliating for Kate having to go to castings again

I agree, Lauren looks so young! I thought she was 16.

26-10-2016
fashion insider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxymore View Post
Filming November 30th, airing December 5th.
Thank you!

Btw is Gigi in?

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#8, #9, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria