Victoria's Secret Etc, Etc - Thread #9 - *Please see first post before posting* - Page 57 - the Fashion Spot

How to Join
the Fashion Spot / Supporting Cast / The ETC's of the Modeling World
FAQ Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Rules Links Mobile How to Join

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

Victoria's Secret now (aesthetic-wise) 100% reminds me of Pink when it first started. Nowadays, VS lost the very sexy and mature demographic and replaced it with a cute-yet-sexy, Miranda Kerr type of "new angels", the mess that was the 2015 VSFS, and a whole bunch of messy, jumbled up advertisements where all the new angels blow kisses and smile. I agree, Bobby, I could never picture the Golden Era girls in this New Angels Era we have going on. And yes, that includes Adriana, Alessandra, and #BodyByIza. PINK and VS were both successful once - that was when the brands actually successfully appealed to 2 different demographics. Why, VS, would you now try to appeal to a demographic so similar to PINK's?

1 Week Ago
rising star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armani View Post
Victoria's Secret now (aesthetic-wise) 100% reminds me of Pink when it first started. Nowadays, VS lost the very sexy and mature demographic and replaced it with a cute-yet-sexy, Miranda Kerr type of "new angels", the mess that was the 2015 VSFS, and a whole bunch of messy, jumbled up advertisements where all the new angels blow kisses and smile. I agree, Bobby, I could never picture the Golden Era girls in this New Angels Era we have going on. And yes, that includes Adriana, Alessandra, and #BodyByIza. PINK and VS were both successful once - that was when the brands actually successfully appealed to 2 different demographics. Why, VS, would you now try to appeal to a demographic so similar to PINK's?
Things have changed I guess Nowadays VS seems to focus on teenagers more and more, which is fine by me, that's why they have PINK imo, but their mainline should really go back to the way it used to be, mature and sexy yet classy and elegant at the same time. Tricky to achieve but manageable and they used to be SO good at it, I mean look at old advertisements of VS, even ones of the 80s and 90s before PINK was around. Such class and beautiful lingerie + they had the best models working for them... Now? Not so much in my opinion. As much as I'd like to, I honestly don't see things changing anytime soon.

1 Week Ago
windowshopping

Behati just posted a picture of the VSFS goodie bag on her ig story! So she's officially confirmed. I wonder why she got her own fitting.....

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsnroses View Post
Behati just posted a picture of the VSFS goodie bag on her ig story! So she's officially confirmed. I wonder why she got her own fitting.....
I spy... with my little eye... a last minute fantasy bra fitting
It's definitely the benefit of the doubt, but still (imo) a very logical reason why she might've gotten her own separate fitting, especially taking into account she hasn't been very active in VS lately. Maybe that's the surprise of the show Barbara F. is raving about? She's coming back with the FB? It is rumored Candice might have the FB according the Weibo, I wouldn't be disappointed if they got a Behandice dual FB but also sorta want the dual FB to be exclusive to Adri and Ale.

Last edited by Armani; 1 Week Ago at 10:38 PM.
1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

I predict Candice gets to open the show and Behati gets the fantasy bra.

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

Thylane Blondeau was at the VS HQ today... She's obviously not walking (too young) but I wonder what she was doing there in the first place.

1 Week Ago
backstage pass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Armani View Post
Thylane Blondeau was at the VS HQ today... She's obviously not walking (too young) but I wonder what she was doing there in the first place.
Probably just meeting with her to plant the seeds to make sure she knows they're interested for the future. It's not uncommon. They did that with Romee too I think.

Also I've just realised this whole debacle about Candle Gender not walking because of her La Perla contract is a bit strange. Didn't Cara and Lui walk a few years ago despite also being contracted to La Perla. Or am I getting my wires crossed with something else??

1 Week Ago
fashion insider

^Maybe their contracts weren't as strict?

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

I have a feeling that La Perla is making moves to create a similar "Angel" situation to basically directly tackle VS in that avenue. This explains the exclusivity thing. Their big contract with Kendall is the first part.

V.I.P.

Behati just announced she's pregnant on Instagram.

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

Hopefully the timing of her pregnancy means she might still be able to make it for next year's show, but I have no idea, unfortunately. Congrats to her and Adam, so so happy! Her stomach is quite big already, I predict the Irina Shayk treatment this year

1 Week Ago
windowshopping

Ed just confirmed she won't be walking the show....

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

What was the fitting bag for, then? In that case, my bet is on Candice for the FB, but I'm really sad that she won't make it, although I shouldn't be surprised.

1 Week Ago
front row

Well i won't miss her, Candice for the opening and fantasy bra!

1 Week Ago
V.I.P.

This makes no sense, Irina Shayk walked and she was pregnant.

Previous Thread | Next Thread »

Tags
#8, #9, post, posting, secret, thread, victoria